Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
Interview........
Still Waiting...
Dear Quebec 2011,

Many many thanks for your quick evaluation. My wife has an experience of about 4 yrs in her field of engineering design.

Also is the proof of french knowledge necessary to be submitted at the time of application submission or it can be made available at the time of interview also.

Looking forward to your valuable guidance.

Thanks again,
Raghav

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
@raghav,

I am suspicious about spouse work experience other friends please share your knowledge about spouse's work experience and its points,but yes before sending your application to BIQ you should make sure that you are attaching an enrollment letter for french language course for both you and your wife as you are in the edge of qualifying marks ,this will give them a rough idea that you have started learning french and till you are called for interview at least you can reach to A2 level. but before sending you application try to understand this that whether you want to learn french? or do you have time for learning french.

good luck

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
JIGS11 said:
Hi Friends,

I have few questions, please help me with it.
I am thinking about immigration to canada but not sure which province is good for me. After few search i came to know about Quebec skilled program.
Here is some information about me please guide me

I have
3 years bachelore's degree in computer application.You will get 10 points for your bachelore degree and 6 points for your area of training
My age is 2816 points for your age
lead software developer with 7 years of experience. Currently in USA with H1B visa for last 4 years now.8 points for your experience

Married and my wife is also undergraduate with 3 years bachelore degree. 3 points for her degree If u tell us when she did her degree in which stream and which year then we can give her some points for her area of training
My wife is also 283 points for her age
have 6 month old son.4 points for your son
No french knowledge but based on post over here process is long so i can learn it before the interview.
I recently gave TOEFL and scorred 90 out of 120 which is quite high i guess. 6 points for your tofel and this tofel result is sufficent no need to appear again in english language test
And i have enough financial saving to keep my family for few months in canada.1 point for your finance

Questions.
Please let me know if Quebec is not good for IT releated jobs. My search says there are few good companies but not sure so let me know.
Do i make required points?yes u can
Should i wait for learning french and then apply for it or i can apply first and update my application once i get scores?Take a addmission in french school and send addmission receipt with your application and then appear in the exam later. when u will get your first aor then u can send update your file
If i dont know french will be delay my processing time?Not really its depends upon the visa officer
do i need to take ILTS exam if i am living in usa for last few years and given toefl recently?No

Thank you for your help.
Jigs

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
@stillhope,

Could you say how many point is given for 4 year related experience for wife who is not PA?. this is raghav question.thanks

raghav

Jun 6, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK / VO-ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
Interview........
Still Waiting...
quebec2011 said:
@ raghav,

I am suspicious about spouse work experience other friends please share your knowledge about spouse's work experience and its points,but yes before sending your application to BIQ you should make sure that you are attaching an enrollment letter for french language course for both you and your wife as you are in the edge of qualifying marks ,this will give them a rough idea that you have started learning french and till you are called for interview at least you can reach to A2 level. but before sending you application try to understand this that whether you want to learn french? or do you have time for learning french.

good luck
@ quebec2011

Thanks for your valuable information. With regards to my wife work experience she is working with an Electrical engineering company engaged in designing of power/electicity transmission lines and setting up of power substations.

For learning french, apart from qualification requirement for quebec selection certificate I may not have much value to it as this is not a popular language here in India and is definetly not required for conducting business or social interaction. However I do not see any harm in learning the language as it may add to my cultureal enrichment if nothing else. I already know german BTW. also there is alliance francaise centre close to my place which does offer a weekend course so time should not be constraint.

I would request other friends/esteemed forum members to please help me asses my wife's qualifications in determining the points she will gain for experience.

Thanks,
Raghav

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
hello quebec2011

there is no points if you are not principal applicant for work experience, only points for her degree and area of training.
no points for experience.

thanks

quebec2011 said:
@ stillhope,

Could you say how many point is given for 4 year related experience for wife who is not PA?. this is raghav question.thanks

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
@raghav,

If you want to settle down in Quebec of course you have to learn french because without french you can't make it.

@stillhope,

thanks for sharing your idea.

Could you please provide me the link to detail point calculation for QSW applicants, I had it but i don't know where it is hidden.
thanks.

raghav

Jun 6, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK / VO-ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
Interview........
Still Waiting...
i think the link to point system is this:
http.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/Grille-synthese.pdf

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
quebec2011 said:
@ raghav,

If you want to settle down in Quebec of course you have to learn french because without french you can't make it.

@ stillhope,

thanks for sharing your idea.

Could you please provide me the link to detail point calculation for QSW applicants, I had it but i don't know where it is hidden.
thanks.

JIGS11

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
@ STILLHOPE

Are you sure about Quebec accepting TOEFL, i read otherwise.

Thanks for your detail answer. My point count is 57 based on your calculation without any french knowledge.

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
STILL HOPE,
1.Is there any other form for Spouse or the same "Application of selection certificate form"?
2. wht level of French to select in the form as still we have to learn the same?

mcgyver

Apr 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
16-04-2015
Med's Done....
29-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2015 Decision Made: 30-06-2015 PP Submitted...: 1-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015 PP Returned....: 11-08-2015
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
Hi,

I would like to have one thing clarified regarding education. As I understand, the education criterion has 3 sub-criteria under it.

1. level of education
2. area of training
3. Quebec diploma

If someone graduated from the University of Ottawa with a bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, as an example, and has been practicing his/her profession in the related field of study for the last 4 years, then would he/she receive points like below in the 3 sub-criteria?

1. level of education: 10 (since it is a bachelor's degree)
2. area of training: 12 (since it is mentioned in the preferred list of professions and since it is not foreign but Canadian)
3. Quebec diploma: 6 (since it is equivalent to a Canadian=Quebec degree)

Total = 28.

Please confirm. Thanks.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
Hello Amit,

There is not separate form for csq, but u have to fill two forms one for u and one for your wife if your are main applicant then tick main applicant and your spouse tick spouse on the top form.

About French u can tick atleast 2-2 it means delf a1, when u clear your exams like delf a1or a2 then just send that results to v.o so they can update your file.
but don't leave blank in your French language questions.

Stillhope

amitsmeet said:
STILL HOPE,
1.Is there any other form for Spouse or the same "Application of selection certificate form"?
2. wht level of French to select in the form as still we have to learn the same?

Aviator786

May 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sidrat Khan said:
Thanks lots guys for guiding abt ma point.

Please advise that should I need to await till November for exam of Delf A1, A2 and B2 or before that I can apply , without french I am getting 47 points.......

If complete french B1 soo my total point would be 55, so i would be exempted for interview.or they would conduct interview for checking ma french........

Further, what supporting dox would require from employer to show working skill (Joining Letter, Experience Letter, Payslip, Bank Statement of Salary), Visiting Card and other etc, that make case strongest ........

Could I submit Profiency letter (University + Employer) instead of Ielts or IELTS is mandotory requirement.

Looking forward to your response.

Tc
Salam Sidrat,

I am also willing to apply for Quebec (skillled worker program), currently I almost over qualify,am making 55 without French and I'm single!(check my post) but I am finding ways to avoid interview, that is, get it waived by them due to my hectic aviation schedule...

Advices for you:

1.Better to take IELTS or TOEFL (whichever u consider suitable for u).This way they could be ascertained for whatever u claim
2.U need points to give them assurance for ur French and to qualify,if u really want to avoid interview like me,I guess u better make it to 55 before filing.Although I make 55 without French,but I have to show them that I doing 'something' to integrate into the society.

Now,I need ur help,as u r from Karachi,regarding French

1.They don't respond to on the phone properly,kindly tell me if Alliance conducts B1 courses...did u do any courses there or u simply want to take exams after private studies?...plz help me with regards to French,I know very basic French,but I am willing to do even B1 or at least upto A2,what would be the best "course of action" to take?

I am a professional as well, and wouldn't mind if u would like to help/guide me out personally. I am considering to file at least for CSQ by this year's end,InshAllah...plz do reply,thx!

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
hello Jigs11

I am 100% sure they will accept Toefl results

so dont worry just go for it, no need to appear again in english language test.

stillhope

JIGS11 said:
@ STILLHOPE

Are you sure about Quebec accepting TOEFL, i read otherwise.

Thanks for your detail answer. My point count is 57 based on your calculation without any french knowledge.