Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
psbirdi said:
Hi Friends,

I am from India and am planning to apply for Quebec Skilled Worker. I request the experts on this forum to help me with point calculation.

psbirdi, back of the hand calculations.... you should be able to clear the cutoffs. Dont lose time, quickly join Alliance Francaise for french classes and get on with ur application... Timelines are looking like its getting longer ! :(

try this page for points calculation.
http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
Hi Thomas,

I think you should appear for the DELF. The DELF exams are just being conducted this week. I just finished mine yesterday. Its not so hard as it looks like... If u get one of those practice books with the CD, I think its pretty manageable. atleast a1 is ! The next one is in Aug 2011.

since you have claimed 6 pts, thats eq to A2. getting urself tested is good to know where you stand. helps avoid nasty surprises later on.

Some sort of Documentary evidence is needed if you claim 6 pts right ? thats my line of reasoning. Cant just claim 6 and leave the testing bit to the interview folks ! hope am wrong on this.... but sometimes negative thinking can help you be better prepared ;)

Which city are you based out of ? Maybe you can take the TEF. Thats got only the Listening & speaking (?) I know they conduct that in Chennai..

Thomas1987 said:
Hi Everyone,

I have Applied for the Quebec Immigration process and got my File number on March 22nd 2011. I scored around 55 inclusing 4 point on adaptability.

Educational Level : 10
Area of Training : 6
Professional exp : 6
French : 6
English :6
Financial Self Sufficiency : 1
That makes it to 51
Including adaptabilty 4 point makes it to 55

My concern here is French. I am learning french from Alliance francaise. Its going on well but getting tougher. Am mainly concentraing on oral expression.
Incase if the do not write Delf or do not clear Delf exam and manage to attend 320 hours of french which is Level 2 ie A2 where in the institute will provide a participation certificate that i have successfully completed the course and attended the no of hours. Will i still get a call for the interview if Delf exams are not written as i have claimed 6 pints to it.
Bcoz speaking in french is manageable than clearing the Delf papers as it incluses written, oral, listening sections and need to score above 10 in all sections.

As per the blogs and website details the interview may be scheduled comming Nov or Dec 2011

Am worried as money and time is at stake.

A reply would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
Thomas

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
joidiple said:
hello guys, i might sound repetitive, but could someone enlighten my unclear comprehension about the requirements in QSW specifically the requirements in the french language. why is it that if someone try to complete the PEI (evaluation) and he choose NO NOTHING about the french language, the result will still be positive. and everyone here in the forum says french is a must. it should always been a negative result whenever you try the evaluation without choosing at least the first level of the basic french language.
The main issue is the # of points. You need 49 to be called in for an interview. Points are based on many factors, such as age, education, training, language and previous time spent in Quebec. So if you have enough to hit 49 points in the evaluation, even if you speak no French, you'll get a positive result. That means you can apply, BUT, once you do apply, you do have to at least try to learn French. Enroll yourself in a course - you don't have to be fluent when you get to the interview, but you have to try to learn. The Quebecois are very proud of their language and have had a long history of feeling disrespected by anglophones, so if you get to the interview and come across as not giving a crap about their language and not even trying, then they might reject you despite your points. But if you have enough points without French language, and from the time you apply you start to learn French, then you'll probably be accepted, even if your French sucks.

People who have less points in work experience or training, such as myself, need to have more French skills to be accepted, to hit 49 points. It's a simple matter of math. But despite your # of numbers, you need to show you are trying to learn French. There it's a matter of respect. :D

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
Well said marylatt ! ;D

marylatt said:
The main issue is the # of points. You need 49 to be called in for an interview. Points are based on many factors, such as age, education, training, language and previous time spent in Quebec. So if you have enough to hit 49 points in the evaluation, even if you speak no French, you'll get a positive result. That means you can apply, BUT, once you do apply, you do have to at least try to learn French. Enroll yourself in a course - you don't have to be fluent when you get to the interview, but you have to try to learn. The Quebecois are very proud of their language and have had a long history of feeling disrespected by anglophones, so if you get to the interview and come across as not giving a crap about their language and not even trying, then they might reject you despite your points. But if you have enough points without French language, and from the time you apply you start to learn French, then you'll probably be accepted, even if your French sucks.

People who have less points in work experience or training, such as myself, need to have more French skills to be accepted, to hit 49 points. It's a simple matter of math. But despite your # of numbers, you need to show you are trying to learn French. There it's a matter of respect. :D

Thomas1987

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW-DELHI/ WARSAW POLAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 August 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2nd 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application.
File Transfer...
Jan 7th 2015
Med's Request
14th April 2015
Med's Done....
15th April 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 25th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 5th 2015
LANDED..........
July 3rd 2015
Hi vibez_well,

Well i stay in Bangalore.I wrote Delf A1 yesterday. I guess i dint do well as i was out of country for 2 weeks this month and missed a couple od classes. waiting for the results. If not will wrote A1 and A2 in August 2011. Need to really work hard this.

Thanks,
Thomas

vibez_well said:
Hi Thomas,

I think you should appear for the DELF. The DELF exams are just being conducted this week. I just finished mine yesterday. Its not so hard as it looks like... If u get one of those practice books with the CD, I think its pretty manageable. atleast a1 is ! The next one is in Aug 2011.

since you have claimed 6 pts, thats eq to A2. getting urself tested is good to know where you stand. helps avoid nasty surprises later on.

Some sort of Documentary evidence is needed if you claim 6 pts right ? thats my line of reasoning. Cant just claim 6 and leave the testing bit to the interview folks ! hope am wrong on this.... but sometimes negative thinking can help you be better prepared ;)

Which city are you based out of ? Maybe you can take the TEF. Thats got only the Listening & speaking (?) I know they conduct that in Chennai..

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
its a small world alright !! ;D I think we might have run into each other on monday !!
lets have a chat sometime ! will mail ya.

Thomas1987 said:
Hi vibez_well,

Well i stay in Bangalore.I wrote Delf A1 yesterday. I guess i dint do well as i was out of country for 2 weeks this month and missed a couple od classes. waiting for the results. If not will wrote A1 and A2 in August 2011. Need to really work hard this.
Thanks,
Thomas

vibhabh

May 19, 2011
visaexpert said:
Quebec Immigration - Language Proficiency

The Language Proficiency criterion for English and French is one of the ten criteria for which points are awarded under the Quebec Immigration selection system.

Up to 22 points are awarded under the Language Proficiency criterion of Quebec immigration on the following basis:

French Language

French Proficiency Low Beginner High Beginner Low Intermediate High Intermediate Advanced

Listening 1 point 3 points 4 points 6 points 8 points
Speaking 1 point 3 points 4 points 6 points 8 points

Maximum 16 points

English Language

English Proficiency Beginner Intermediate Advanced

Listening 1 point 2 points 3 points
Speaking 1 point 2 points 3 points

Maximum 6 points

French Language Proficiency:

BEGINNER LEVELS:

LOW Beginner -

* Listening: Able to understand short statements (commonly used phrases);
* Speaking: Able to express basic needs.

HIGH Beginner -

* Listening: Able to understand practical information of everyday life;
* Speaking: Able to make yourself understood in familiar and foreseeable situations.

INTERMEDIATE LEVELS:

LOW Intermediate -

* Listening: Able to understand significant information about familiar and foreseeable situations;
* Speaking: Able to express yourself in a comprehensible manner on subjects related to everyday life.

HIGH Intermediate -

* Listening: Understand detailed information about subjects you are familiar with, or concrete and abstract subjects;
* Speaking: Can clearly express yourself on subjects related to your areas of interest.

ADVANCED LEVEL:

Advanced -

* Listening: Understand detailed information related to social and professional life;
* Speaking: Can confidently and precisely express yourself on a variety of subjects.
Thomas1987 said:
Hi Everyone,

I have Applied for the Quebec Immigration process and got my File number on March 22nd 2011. I scored around 55 inclusing 4 point on adaptability.

Educational Level : 10
Area of Training : 6
Professional exp : 6
French : 6
English :6
Financial Self Sufficiency : 1
That makes it to 51
Including adaptabilty 4 point makes it to 55

My concern here is French. I am learning french from Alliance francaise. Its going on well but getting tougher. Am mainly concentraing on oral expression.
Incase if the do not write Delf or do not clear Delf exam and manage to attend 320 hours of french which is Level 2 ie A2 where in the institute will provide a participation certificate that i have successfully completed the course and attended the no of hours. Will i still get a call for the interview if Delf exams are not written as i have claimed 6 pints to it.
Bcoz speaking in french is manageable than clearing the Delf papers as it incluses written, oral, listening sections and need to score above 10 in all sections.

As per the blogs and website details the interview may be scheduled comming Nov or Dec 2011

Am worried as money and time is at stake.

A reply would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
Thomas

hi this is vibhabh i am new to this forum thing yesterday i gave a2 in french and if i cleared that how much points will i get

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
vibhabh said:
hi this is vibhabh i am new to this forum thing yesterday i gave a2 in french and if i cleared that how much points will i get

Here is something i found on another thread.
A1 - 2 PCT ( NIVEAU 1-2 DCS)
A2 - 6 PCT ( NIVEAU 3-4 DCS)
B1 - 8 PCT ( NIVEAU 5-6 DCS)
B2 - 12 PCT(NIVEAU 7-8 DCS)
C1 & C2 - 16 PCT ( NIVEAU 9 -12 DCS)

fiirm

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-05-2012
visaexpert said:
Quebec Immigration - Financial Self-Sufficiency

The Financial Self-sufficiency criterion is one of the ten criteria for which points are awarded under the Quebec immigration selection system.

One point is awarded under the Financial Self-sufficiency criterion of Quebec immigration. This criterion is absolutely essential and stipulates a minimum funds requirement. Unless the 1 point is awarded under the Financial Autonomy criterion, the application will be automatically refused.

Points Financial Self-sufficiency

1 point Making of a contract (Cutoff score =1)
1 point Maximum
Visaexpert;
Please help explain this area again. How do i show that i have enough fund to live in Quebec apart from filling the Finacial seld form, do i need to include bank statement?
Thanks

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
Here you are not required to furnish proof of funds upfront, but just sign a contract stating that you will have the required funds when you land there (for 3 months)

This depends naturally on the composition of the family.
1 Adult - $2800
2 Adults - 4106
1 Adult, 1 Child - $ 3763
2 Adults, 1 Child - $4600

Refer the latest financial self sufficiency form for more info on the specific amt. They havent asked for statements / other proof of funds. But if you have it, guess it wont hurt to show it either.

fiirm said:
Visaexpert;
Please help explain this area again. How do i show that i have enough fund to live in Quebec apart from filling the Finacial seld form, do i need to include bank statement?
Thanks

Aviator786

May 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone and Bonjour a tout!
I am planning for QSW, I have been researching a lot for the past few days, why I am hesitating is because of these queries:

My profile:

Area of Training:Avionics (3 year Apprenticeship equivalent to DCS Avionics in skill A) 10+16 points
Experience: Approx. 3 years in airlines as Avionics Technician 6 points
Finances:YES 1 point
IELTS:Not taken yet (Worst case scenario) 4 points
DELF:Not taken (shall do A1) 2 points

I already make around 55 without any problem! That's the good news
Now my queries:
1.Do I need to have my Apprenticeship recognized?If yes,then HOW?and what are the benefits?
2.I shall have my degree BE (Electronics) by this year's end, should I put that in CSQ case as its skill points are 0 or what to do?will they count points for degree with 0 skill points or apprenticeship with 16 skill points?
3.I need to know about aviation job market for Anglophones (am targeting Montreal or West Island),I know very little French already but it won't be up to operational level soon,as I don't want to stay unattached from aviation for long, as it would hinder me with my E-Licence
4.Lastly, I would highly appreciate to make some good contacts before flying in to Quebec,preferably from aviation or other professional to avoid initial problems in initial lodging,local laws,etc,as I don't have any friends there in Quebec YET and I certainly don't want to goof around for too long...so,anyone interested?

Regards

genona

Apr 29, 2011
Uae
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - sub to montreal FEDERAL - sub to VO ABUDhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Aug -16-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/09/2012 App received by CIC 11/03/2013 IN PROCESS
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
march 2013
Interview........
JULY 13, 2012( csq received)
Passport Req..
nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
dec 2013
LANDED..........
soonnnn
hi, what to sent original or notarized for work experience and language certificate?

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
genona said:
hi, what to sent original or notarized for work experience and language certificate?
You need to send only the notarised copy of documents. Work experience documents are to be sent in original I think. Pls double chk the site again.

fiirm

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-05-2012
Hi All,

I am having a little difficulty in Area of training point.

I have a BSc in Accounting, MSc in Corporate Risk Management, I have been working in Banking sector for over 5 years . I did work as accountant before i join banking for 2years, but i cannot get the employer letter because the company has relocated and most staff resigned.

Is it possible for m eto get 6 point in the area of training (for Accounting & Accounting Science)? I checked the Risk Management of Hrsd website to see related name, it shows: Financial & Investment Analyst, and Economist & econoic research. My work in Banking is related to accounting, finance and risk management, pls help.

Pls help!!!
Regards
FIIRM

genona

Apr 29, 2011
Uae
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - sub to montreal FEDERAL - sub to VO ABUDhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Aug -16-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/09/2012 App received by CIC 11/03/2013 IN PROCESS
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
march 2013
Interview........
JULY 13, 2012( csq received)
Passport Req..
nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
dec 2013
LANDED..........
soonnnn
thx for the reply, what does it mean. (photocopies of all pages of passport bearing entries.) does it really mean ALL PAGES? thx