+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration Forum...

bobine

May 5, 2008
malli said:
I have applied as a bookkeeper(account assistant) on july 14th 2008 but my application does not fall under 38 list & i am waiting for my result either accepted or denied if denied then i dont have any other option no arrange employment moreever i am in delhi . So i lose every hope of going to canada & become frusterated but i am a sikh boy i will go buy hook or crook .
I have read your post i think there will be a chance for quebec programme pls help me regarding my question
1- Is 38 list or any other occupation list are also applicable in quebec programme
2- I dont know french but i will join good institute to learn french & will learn will i have to give test like ielts exam or my average speaking of french will work
3- How is the quebec what is the climate of there, how is it employment wise,
4- After going to quebec after how much time one can move to other province in canada
5- How much time it will take to process the application & how much time to get Permanent visa
6- Is it necessary that spouse also have to learn french because my wife will not do any course
7- Will she also have to prepare for french
8- I have ten year experince as an account assistant

Pls. answer my question so I can start my prcess for Quebec i will be very grateful for you

hey malli
i will just try to give u an overview of what is going on on QSW
here there nothing such a list but one must be qualify and to find out if you are just go to the cic web site and do self test.
also like u have noticed french is important and by joining a french institute will be a good push up.
after going to quebec i guess one must get the citizenship before moving...i am saying this because there is a form you sign that state that you intend to live in quebec and that make a bond b/w u and quebec but i've heard in this forum that if you can prove that you really inteded to live in quebec before you get some nice offer somewhere else you'll be fine .
for processing time it all depend on too many factors but the main thing is to just refer to the office dealing with your case .it won't hurt if she knows french too but remember that if an interview call is made you have to go with her and kids if any and the big part of the interview is in french.
your ten years of experience will help a lot.

just be strong and dont put negative idea on your application ...after all who knows ??? anything can happen anytime.

good luck

ahmed.khedr

Sep 16, 2009
Re: i need a HELP

hi every bodey
ahmed is my name , egyption ,
i accually i get a federal file no.# but i dicover that i'm out of 38 list & my agent told me that i have to wait for 5 or 6 years up to get the decision
so i decied to change my way to quebec
so i'm just waiting for TEF exam to present my documents to the canadian embassy in syria
so i wish to know is that a problem to get csq after i got a federal file no.# ? or i can get csq & modify my federal file to be a quebec candidate?????
also i wish to know if i get a csq & i present it to the federal office in cairo , so i red in the official site
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02b-skilled-que.asp
so i find that it'll take about 15 months to get the visa after i present CSQ
i just wish to know when'll the embassy ask me to present the medical & police certificats?
because i'm living out side egypt as a temperrary worker & i wish to arrange my work state to go to egypt to get the medical & police certificats???????
thanks for attention
ahmed

ahmed.khedr

Sep 16, 2009
Re: i need a help

hi every bodey
ahmed is my name , egyption ,
i accually i get a federal file no.# but i dicover that i'm out of 38 list & my agent told me that i have to wait for 5 or 6 years up to get the decision
so i decied to change my way to quebec
so i'm just waiting for TEF exam to present my documents to the canadian embassy in syria
so i wish to know is that a problem to get csq after i got a federal file no.# ? or i can get csq & modify my federal file to be a quebec candidate?????
also i wish to know if i get a csq & i present it to the federal office in cairo , so i red in the official site
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02b-skilled-que.asp
so i find that it'll take about 15 months to get the visa after i present CSQ
i just wish to know when'll the embassy ask me to present the medical & police certificats?
because i'm living out side egypt as a temperrary worker & i wish to arrange my work state to go to egypt to get the medical & police certificats???????
thanks for attention
ahmed

free

Star Member
Sep 30, 2008
QSW
intial file 2005
interview 2007
Csq 2007
federal file 2007
23 months waiting for medicals,its a recooooooooooooord!!!!!!!!!!!
I had an unauthorized representative but I claimed my independance and that problem solved and I did not commit any crime to be inadmissible for immigration,but still waiting for medicals.

lola82

Aug 23, 2009
hi free,
where did u apply from?? and what are they telling u when u're asking them??
best of luck

free

Star Member
Sep 30, 2008
I applied from iran, my file is in damascus.they told me they are working on my file 2 months ago,after that still I am waiting and no other news..................

klein

Oct 6, 2009

ahmed.khedr said:
thanks for attention
ahmed
You have to send all police certificates with your federal application to CIC. CIC will send you a request for medical exam when your file reaches that stage. You have to wait for their request.

marychris

Star Member
Oct 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Yes, You have ti wait

klein said:
ahmed.khedr said:
thanks for attention
ahmed
You have to send all police certificates with your federal application to CIC. CIC will send you a request for medical exam when your file reaches that stage. You have to wait for their request.

narmeen

Nov 17, 2009
Hi everyone,

Applied in October 2009
CSQ received in december 2009
Federal march 2010
Now waiting for medical

All the best to you all

pedi123

Mar 25, 2010
Re: Question about change in marital status after receiving CSQ

Dear all,

I was wondering if someone could advise me in this case: I live in Switzerland. I had applied for Quebec immigration in November as a single applicant, and I've now received my CSQ (Cértificat de Sélection du Quèbec) a few days ago. So here's my question:

I should prepare the documents to send to the embassy for Canadian visa (for PR). Now if I get married in the following months, should I restart the whole application process (even the Quèbec selection process) for my wife? It's mentioned in CSQ that they should be notified in case of marriage and also an amount of 150 CAD should be paid for my wife. But how long will this hinder the process? And more importantly, what if I've already sent out my documents and I'm waiting for the visa? Will the change invalidate my own CSQ as well?

And finally, as we're kind of flexible on the date, in general is it better that we get married sooner and then proceed with the immigration process, or do you suggest that we delay our marriage until I've received my PR?

Thanks a lot for your help.

ali_12345

Mar 25, 2010
Hello All,
I am writing to you for purpose of determining what do I need to provide for my profession accredited by the Quebec province in order to qualify for the immigration.
I hold a Masters degree in Computer science from Georgia Tech USA in computer science. My bachelors degree is also in computer science from Pakistan. I need to know if both degree's need to be accredited. Plus, I am not sure at this point in time if my profession comes under regulated trade or profession in Québec(Whether its regulatory or non-regulatory profession). and do I need to have it approved or evaluated before I apply for immigration (this process will delay the application filing time, plus add expenses).
The statement from the form qouting "obtained recognition of the equivalence of your diploma or training from the relevant regulatory body, you must provide proof." What proof do I need and how to get this proof to attach with my application.

Please help..

You all have a great day

A

leenakhan

Jan 23, 2011
Hi everyone,

I am planning to apply for quebec immigration, i just want some help on few points.
1. Please confirm me that do i get points of my spouse language literacy? Suppose if my spouse has some know how of French Language then how would it be proved, whether my spouse has to take a test of French language and then i have to attach the test result with my application? I have read information about quebec immigration, it is only written that the main applicant has to attach his/her language tests not the spouse. So please confirm me how it will be proved that my spouse has French knowledge?
2. Secondly, i am also planning to take classes of French language, right now i dont know about French. If i attach a registration paper with my application that i am taking classes, will this help me?

Please help me understanding those points.

mbqsw

Jun 4, 2011
Estonia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everybody

I'm just new and started reviewing the official website to get information on how to start my Quebec application

so here are my questions and also some points that I'm sharing
would really appreciate it if anyone can answer and guide

1) if you do a self-assessment on the official website, even with the minimum level of French (level 1) you'll pass
but from what I've heard and read on forums I know that they might reject you if you're french is not as strong as the consular (interviewer) wants!
my question is *:
- Can I submit my application right now and improve my French while I'm waiting for the interview?
This is to speed up the process, start it asap in order to make most of the time and also not to fall into risk of immigration criteria change
I saw on this forum that people have waited for a year after their application submission to receive their CSQ. so it's enough time to learn more French
- Is it mandatory to submit a French proficiency certificate (TEF) along with your application... and before the interview?

2) How do they evaluate your language proficiency to award you marks for that?
I mean for both for English and French
there's nothing about this on official website that would say for example: average ielts score 6.5 means advanced English, therefore you'll receive 6 points

3) during the last 5 years I have 4 years of related work exerience. it's because I'm studying MS now so I stopped wokring 1 year ago
from self-assessment I guess I will be qualified
but I couldn't find any information on how many years of work experience they need, and how old this work experience could be
please also give me some information that

4) 2009 LIST OF AREAS OF TRAINING, each section has two columns:
first "PART I - Foreign Degree"s and the other "PART II - Quebec degrees"
1 Québec degree or equivalent.
what do they mean by equivalent?
do any of us have the opportunity to make our qualifications equivalent to Quebec's?

5) Does this diploma fall under a Mutual Recognition Agreement (e.g., the France-Québec agreement)?

from my own evaluation , if I learn good enough French I will be accepted
but it's good if you take a quick look at my profile (below):

my education and work experience are both Computer Science - Software Engineering
Bachelor of Science
6 years of work experience
31 years old
single , no children
no relatives in Quebec
French: just started learning
English: IELTS 7.5

I hope all your applications will process quick and without problems

best,

Mehrdad

aaron.mintu

Apr 12, 2012
Initial File: September 2010
Interview Call: December 2010
Interview (in Syria): February 2011
File Submission along with CSQ: April 2011
September 2011: Request from CHC Abu Dhabi for addtional document (IMM 5549 - Supplementary Form)
November 2011: Medical Instruction + Landing Fee
November 2011: Submission of Medical Results
February 2012: Instruction to submit the Passports along with Police Clearance Certificate
March 14, 2012: Passports submitted along with PCC
March 15, 2012: Visa Stamped
March 21, 2012: Passports with visa stamped + Confirmation of Permanent Residence Received from our Consultant