+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Experience Class- foreign student- what's the catch?

Mapleleaf2020

Sep 8, 2017
Hi folks,

I'm hoping I can get some advice on this issue. My friend is trying to migrate to Canada and basically it looks really challenging to get in using the Federal Skilled Worker program so I thought the Quebec Experience Class looks interesting.

Am I right in understanding that all she would have to do is:
(1) Study a Quebec diploma (recognised by the Quebec government) for 2 years
(2) Complete an advanced intermediate level French course at a Quebec educational institution

and this would make her eligible to apply for a CSQ, which I think its like Provincial Nomination for the other provinces.
What's the catch here? Is there a point system? Is there an age limit? Do they evaluate previous education and work experience?

Thanks for your help!

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi folks,

I'm hoping I can get some advice on this issue. My friend is trying to migrate to Canada and basically it looks really challenging to get in using the Federal Skilled Worker program so I thought the Quebec Experience Class looks interesting.

Am I right in understanding that all she would have to do is:
(1) Study a Quebec diploma (recognised by the Quebec government) for 2 years
(2) Complete an advanced intermediate level French course at a Quebec educational institution

and this would make her eligible to apply for a CSQ, which I think its like Provincial Nomination for the other provinces.
What's the catch here? Is there a point system? Is there an age limit? Do they evaluate previous education and work experience?

Thanks for your help!
No catch till now.
No point system in PEQ (https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/index.html)
No age limit as far as I know.
Only Quebec qualifications and French B2 is evaluated.