+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445


Discussion in 'Health' started by tm1001, Feb 27, 2011.

  1. My boyfriend is moving from France to Canada (Ontario) and is coming on an PVT (Working Holiday Visa). As a condition of his Visa, he has to show proof of health insurance. His Visa is valid for one year. Does anyone know if he has to show that he is covered for the entire year? Because we are hoping that he will get a work-permit soon after he arrives, and then qualify for OHIP.

    He doesn't know if he needs to buy for 1 year... or if he can show that he has insurance for 6 months and then he will renew that insurance if he needs to.

    HELP... i'm so confused!
  2. He should ask the Canadian embassy in France but I do believe that they will ask for proof of insurance for the full year. If they let people come in with short term insurance, then why require it at all because it would be easy for the person to let it lapse and not renew.

Share This Page