+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

torkild13

Sep 20, 2017
Hi everyone!
I am currently undergoing treatment for inactive TB. As the school has given me a tight deadline to submit my study permit, I was wondering if it would be faster if I get the upfront medical exam before applying. Is this a wise choice or would I be better off waiting for medical instructions after I've submitted my application?
Please advise. Thank you so much for your time! :)

elainecomd

Jun 21, 2017
Hi, we recently underwent our medical exams in St Luke's Global City, my husband's and daughter were fine. A little push back since i had "suspicious infiltrates" on my chest radiograph. I was shocked since I have been healthy since birth. I am a doctor, now I am so frustrated about this. SLEC called me up for sputum exam, can someone enlighten me regarding the time table of this. Will this cause me and my family our visa? HELP!

Joshy1979

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
I'm new to this group I have an issue my wife is the PA and we have a CRS score of 451 on next EE draw hopefully we get the ITA
For the time being we decided that my y wife and daughter is applying for PR (bcz I could not apply due to some work related issue) my problem is that
I was suffering from TB in 2008 and it's medication is completed and I'm negative;
1:from someone I heard that even if my name is not going to include in the PR application I have to go for a medical is it true????
2:My past TB history make any negative impacts on our application???

elainecomd

Jun 21, 2017
I'm new to this group I have an issue my wife is the PA and we have a CRS score of 451 on next EE draw hopefully we get the ITA
For the time being we decided that my y wife and daughter is applying for PR (bcz I could not apply due to some work related issue) my problem is that
I was suffering from TB in 2008 and it's medication is completed and I'm negative;
1:from someone I heard that even if my name is not going to include in the PR application I have to go for a medical is it true????
2:My past TB history make any negative impacts on our application???
You still have to undergo medical regardless if you’re coming with them, i think its based on their protocol. Regarding your previous diagnosis you still have to undergo chest radiograph and if they find any problem with it you still have to undergo sputum afb for 3 days and pulmo evaluation. I have yet to find out the negative effect of this on our application, im still on limbo, but i hope this doesnt make us inadmissible though

Joshy1979

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
You still have to undergo medical regardless if you’re coming with them, i think its based on their protocol. Regarding your previous diagnosis you still have to undergo chest radiograph and if they find any problem with it you still have to undergo sputum afb for 3 days and pulmo evaluation. I have yet to find out the negative effect of this on our application, im still on limbo, but i hope this doesnt make us inadmissible though
Thank you f

Joshy1979

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
If someone having past history of TB the we have go for sputum test initially or whether we have to wait for high commission letter why I'm asking is we get only 90days to submit all documents can anyone help me on this matter?????

Phil4:13

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Almost my timeline is same but

MPNP Nomination - Oct 4, 2016
CIC Received - October 20, 2016
AOR - Jan. 6, 2017
MR & RPRF Req - Feb 13, 2017
Medical Done - Feb. 28, 2017 (Me & kids were fine)
- March 01-03 Sputum Collection (Spouse)
- Apr 25, 2017 Sputum Results (-ve)
- Jun 01, 2017 Second Xray
- Jun 05, 2017 Medical passed

After june 05 still waiting for PPR or add: doc but no response from visa office.

Hi Agriboy

Visa on hand na po ako. Hows your aplication?

Trudy

Mar 8, 2017
Zimbabwe
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2017
Doc's Request.
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
Hi,
I have 15 year old TB spot on my chest . went for Medical ( explain everything to Dr. ). they have asked for additional sputum test, which took 8 weeks to get results. Clinic informed me that Results was negative and uploaded on eMedical ( its 2 weeks now). awaiting online status to be changed.
finger crossed
Hi Ricky. i am in the same situation now it will be 3 weeks after submitting sputum results and a month after 2nd x-ray tomorrow. just for a guide after how long did you get update on your medical. i am sure by now you have your ppr

Trudy

Mar 8, 2017
Zimbabwe
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2017
Doc's Request.
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
Hey,I have same situation as you, I just got my sputum culture 7 weeks and second x ray result last Thursday day, was negative and clear. Doctor sent result on Friday . However, on cic no medical received until now. I'm just wondering how long did it take you from sending results to website updated .

Thank you so much
Hi if i may ask ho long did it take for medicals to pass after the submission of sputum results and 2nd x-ray as i am in the same situation

khialeesi

Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone, I have a situation here. I was diagnosed with minimal TB last April 2017 and been on medication for 6 months until Oct 2017
I had my medical exam last August and my xray was clear but I was too honest to inform the physician beforehand that I was undergoing medication although it was already negative during my xray so I submitted a medical certificate from my attending physician stating that i was on intensive treatment.

It has been 11 weeks since I submitted my application to the embassy. Although they didn't require me any additional laboratory work-ups like sputum or re-xray, should I still worry about my visa approval?

Confusewifey

Jun 4, 2016
Hi everyone. Does anyone here have or had the situation like mine? i undergone medical examination in IOM makati last nov 8. i have pulmonary fibrosis so i went for sputum test last nov 13-15. today, nov 21, my husband called iom to ask the result of my blood and urine test. im a bit nervous that i have a uti and i need to take medication for uti,but according to the iom’s receptionist, they cannot give us details of the result, and they already submitted the result in cic. is this mean that my blood and urine are all fine? thank you in advance!

Phil4:13

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone. Does anyone here have or had the situation like mine? i undergone medical examination in IOM makati last nov 8. i have pulmonary fibrosis so i went for sputum test last nov 13-15. today, nov 21, my husband called iom to ask the result of my blood and urine test. im a bit nervous that i have a uti and i need to take medication for uti,but according to the iom’s receptionist, they cannot give us details of the result, and they already submitted the result in cic. is this mean that my blood and urine are all fine? thank you in advance!

In our case, we had our medical upfront at St Luke's MAnila. My husband underwent 3 xrays, but then, when they submitted it to the embassy it was only the time that his medical results were ok.

khialeesi

Oct 25, 2017
guys, does anyone know what are the standard procedures in the clinic after the tb treatment? my medical status says "607 Continued anti-tuberculosis treatment Required" but i am already done with my medication, what should be the next step? The embassy didn't email me for any follow-up labs but I want to submit myself already for repeat xray for clearance. Do I also need to undergo sputum exam even if the embassy didn't require me to? Anyone who have experienced the same case, pls help. thank you very much

Confusewifey

Jun 4, 2016
guys, does anyone know what are the standard procedures in the clinic after the tb treatment? my medical status says "607 Continued anti-tuberculosis treatment Required" but i am already done with my medication, what should be the next step? The embassy didn't email me for any follow-up labs but I want to submit myself already for repeat xray for clearance. Do I also need to undergo sputum exam even if the embassy didn't require me to? Anyone who have experienced the same case, pls help. thank you very much
Hi khialeesi! most of what i read, after your 6 months treatment for tb, you need to undergo sputum test which will take two months for the sputum culture result. the clinic suppose to give you the next steps or the pulmonologist that prescribing you medication.then if the result came up negative, the clinic will give you vaccination shot. why dont you try to call cic.i think their system are sometimes having an error, like what happen to us. my husband was the only one who received medical request. we emailed cic and told us that both of us need to take medical examination. good thing my husband checked his mycic account and saw that i already have UCI number and we gave that to the clinic that undergone my medical examination. they based from my uci if i already have a medical request. after i finished my 3days sputum test,cic emailed to my husband a medical request form without details like name or IME number. its very confusing sometimes. email or call their call centre.