+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Psl courses my file is ready bt m.not subbmitting coz of medical.process i heard it will long process
Just go through with the application. It my cause delays but will pass.

Rim1

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Hi can u tel
Hi,
I have 15 year old TB spot on my chest . went for Medical ( explain everything to Dr. ). they have asked for additional sputum test, which took 8 weeks to get results. Clinic informed me that Results was negative and uploaded on eMedical ( its 2 weeks now). awaiting online status to be changed.
finger crossed
hi can u tell after subbmission how long it will take to reply for biometrics or medical

rickykang

May 11, 2016
Hi can u tel

hi can u tell after subbmission how long it will take to reply for biometrics or medical
i am not sure about which submission you are talking about?
well , if you have scar showing on your X-ray then they will take minimum 3 months to pass the medical ( if all test are Negative means cured TB or inactive TB) and maximum 10-11 months ( including 6 months treatment ).

athan_429

Jul 5, 2017
Newbie here.. me and my 2 non accompying child have our medical exam 2 months ago.. unfortunately my 5 yera old son was examined by a pulmonry pedia.. she instructed us to come back after 3months for his follow up check up.. but after 2wiks ocic manila requested us to go back at the hospital then they resked us for sputum test for 3 days thats for my 5yr old son that would be this coming week.. question is we had him examined by our family pedia according to him my son is ok and healthy as of now.. will it affect my application.. btw im under family class spouse.. thanks and God bless..

rickykang

May 11, 2016
Newbie here.. me and my 2 non accompying child have our medical exam 2 months ago.. unfortunately my 5 yera old son was examined by a pulmonry pedia.. she instructed us to come back after 3months for his follow up check up.. but after 2wiks ocic manila requested us to go back at the hospital then they resked us for sputum test for 3 days thats for my 5yr old son that would be this coming week.. question is we had him examined by our family pedia according to him my son is ok and healthy as of now.. will it affect my application.. btw im under family class spouse.. thanks and God bless..
they will do the Sputum test and it will take 6 weeks to get result, if everything ok in sputum test then they will call you after 3 months for second X-Ray ( from first xray or visit). dont worry, things can be delayed but they will not refuse visa

Reactions: athan_429

atomaly

Jul 18, 2017
Urgent – applied for student visa and diagnosed with TB

Hello all,

After applying the Canada visa, very unfortunately my sister has been diagnosed with Tuberculosis, and she has received the ‘Medical Examination Instruction’ from the Canadian immigration.

If you could kindly reply to the specific questions below, we will be grateful.

She has attended one of the visa medical clinic for medical as she was given 30 days time to do the medical. And, for obvious reason she has been given the Sputum culture test. From the tests she had done personally, from those she has been diagnosed with non-contagious TB. She had to do the Bronchoscope to diagnose TB. She is now under medication.

Now Question 1 is, if she does the sputum culture test and the result come out to be Non-Contagious, but TB positive, would she then be granted visa, after finishing the culture test and the repeat X-Ray?

Question 2: Or, should we try to hold the sputum culture test for next 6 months as she has to take medication for 6 months to be fully cured? Should she carry on the rest of the visa medical assessment after 6 months?

Your kind response would be highly appreciated.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Urgent – applied for student visa and diagnosed with TB

Hello all,

After applying the Canada visa, very unfortunately my sister has been diagnosed with Tuberculosis, and she has received the ‘Medical Examination Instruction’ from the Canadian immigration.

If you could kindly reply to the specific questions below, we will be grateful.

She has attended one of the visa medical clinic for medical as she was given 30 days time to do the medical. And, for obvious reason she has been given the Sputum culture test. From the tests she had done personally, from those she has been diagnosed with non-contagious TB. She had to do the Bronchoscope to diagnose TB. She is now under medication.

Now Question 1 is, if she does the sputum culture test and the result come out to be Non-Contagious, but TB positive, would she then be granted visa, after finishing the culture test and the repeat X-Ray?

Question 2: Or, should we try to hold the sputum culture test for next 6 months as she has to take medication for 6 months to be fully cured? Should she carry on the rest of the visa medical assessment after 6 months?

Your kind response would be highly appreciated.
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your sister. I am in the same shoes.

Since she has already been diagnosed, she needs to finish the 6 months treatment before she can do the sputum culture test and x-ray.

She just needs to be strong and go through the treatment and all will be well.

All the best

Last edited:
Reactions: Preet70

Hkinterview11

Jun 17, 2017
Finally, Medical is passed, it took 3 months to finish the process
Hey,I have same situation as you, I just got my sputum culture 7 weeks and second x ray result last Thursday day, was negative and clear. Doctor sent result on Friday . However, on cic no medical received until now. I'm just wondering how long did it take you from sending results to website updated .

Thank you so much

rickykang

May 11, 2016
Hey,I have same situation as you, I just got my sputum culture 7 weeks and second x ray result last Thursday day, was negative and clear. Doctor sent result on Friday . However, on cic no medical received until now. I'm just wondering how long did it take you from sending results to website updated .

Thank you so much
usually they take 7-10 days after submission of case

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hello Everyone,
I need your help re: my mother´s medical for Super Visa. We did upfront medical for my Mom and Dad in May 2017, in Spain. After 2 days the doctor called to ask if my mom had any TB, cough etc., she said no and asked my mom and dad to go the clinic again, because they needed some cancer history reports from my dad. They went back after 12-14 days. The doctor just asked my mom if she coughs, or produces mucus, she answered NO. and He said we already submitted your Reports (But the x-rays suggested TB, because of some scars)., and he said it is OK from my side, now the immigration medical office will decide on it.

Now when we applied for their visa, in July (we were stucked in some paper work, that is why we applied late). My dad´s medical has been passed. For my mom the embassy in Paris has asked that you received a letter in May 2017 to provide further medical examinations, please let us know if you have complied with the request. And we were wondering which request, then i contacted the panel physician, and now he is telling me that he accessed my mom´s medical file now, and there is a letter requesting " Sputum smear and TB cultures + and x-ray after 3 months". I am just getting so mad at the doctor, why didn´t he check it and let us know in May. Now my mom will undergo sputum tests and it will take 2 months, which she should have been done earlier. And the embassy is asking us to reply them within a month with the tests etc.

My question is, should i email them telling that we did not receive any request of these tests, the doctor just told us now when we contacted him. Will they be able to wait for 2 months for the results, or they will take decision before that.
And also, if my dad has passed his medicals, will they grant him visa, or they will wait for my mom's results and process their application together.

Please help me in this matter.

Thank you in advance.. God bless

She^ryll

Jan 14, 2017
Hello,
I had my upfront medical test at IOM just last week and since i have a ptb history, which i told them and i even brought my medical records and previous xray films for them to review, they asked me to come back for three consecutive days(every morning) for sputum collection. It will be cultured which will take 8-9weeks. I already submitted my application forms together with the document iom gave me that i already did my upfront medical test. Yesterday i received an email requesting for an additional medical information. "Your immigration medical result examination has been received and in order to complete the assessment additional medical information is required."
Anyone here who knows what this means?Thanks in advance!

KAKA_GF

Feb 12, 2015
Hello,
I had my upfront medical test at IOM just last week and since i have a ptb history, which i told them and i even brought my medical records and previous xray films for them to review, they asked me to come back for three consecutive days(every morning) for sputum collection. It will be cultured which will take 8-9weeks. I already submitted my application forms together with the document iom gave me that i already did my upfront medical test. Yesterday i received an email requesting for an additional medical information. "Your immigration medical result examination has been received and in order to complete the assessment additional medical information is required."
Anyone here who knows what this means?Thanks in advance!

Hi Sheryll,

May I ask what is the status of your concern? Actually we might have the same situation once I process my application for PR since I had my PTB when I am a teenager, that is why Im following this thread while waiting for my provincial nomination.

By the way if you dont mind can you share your experience with IOM and how much the cost including the sputum test? Thanks in advance..

Last edited: