+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of 'Landing Funds" >>>

Happyyay

Jan 21, 2010
Re: Proof of 'Landing Funds" HELP pls.

qorax said:
Proof of 'Landing' Funds:
-Do we take the Bank Statement or otherwise ?

How Much needed to Show at the Airport/POE :
No. of Pax ........... Funds Reqd-CAD
1 ....................... $11,086
2 ....................... $13,801
3 ....................... $16,967
4 ....................... $20,599
5 ....................... $23,364
6 ....................... $26,350
7 or more ........... $29,337

Is it necessary to carry the P.O.F. while 'Landing' ?
100%. A part of the 'Record of Landing' "Interview" is to ensure 'sustainability' in Canada by the applicant. The IO must ensure that you carry enough funds [based on LICO] which will help you settle easily, w/out any burden on Canadian Social Services. Remember, except for 'refugees' under the Refugees Protection Act, Canada doesn't offer financial assistance for any other categories of applicants.

Irrespective of the no. of family members performing the 1st landing, the entire POF [as per the chart above] must be shown to the IO at the POE. Subsequent 'landings' by the 'accompanying dependents' do not need to show the POF.

That means, whether the PA alone or one or more of his family members are 'landing' for the 1st time, the above funds are required. It's another matter whether the IO at the POE doesn't ask for it [very often that happens]. But, w/out the POF our entry can be 'Denied'.

Bank Statement/s as POF:
This issue has been dealt in detail [recurs frequently] here. The fact remains that we will actually need those monies once we land. Under avg, & usual circumstances -the POF described by the CIC is a necessity to survive in Canada, w/out a job, for approx. 6 months. Thus, in all earnestness we 'must' carry the 'landing funds' in a 'liquid' format* -easily accessible anytime upon landing.

Now, not all Bank Statements would be acceptable for 'landing'. There are instances when a Bank Statement was negated and the applicant was denied entry. I learnt it from the various forums & listening to the experiences of some families in Canada. Most 3rd world bank's statements will not be acceptable. Some examples were given, but I refrain to put-it-up here.

However, the statement/s of banks from UK, US, Norway, ANZ etc. were accepted in quite a few cases [I know of one personally]. Also, statement/s of International Banks [having a presence in Canada] were acceptable, viz. HSBC, Stanchart, RBC etc. But again, one case stated that their Citibank Statement was not accepted.

Now, here's a dichotomy. Our landing is supposed to be one of the most beautiful experiences of our lifetime. We have given our entirety to this process, didn't we? Something we had been looking forward to -for quite sometime now. What if a particular IO refuses to accept our bank statement?

Well, we have learnt that many of the bank's statement they do accept, but what if? And then, would we be running around towards all the possible hierarchy in the CBSA at the POE for a solution -which might come by, for sure? But won't that mar the thrills of our 'long-awaited-anticipated' first-foot into the Canadian soil? Do we take that chance? Is it that important to carry the bank statement than expect to come-out of the airport, with the family & kids, in 30-45 minutes, smoothly?

*I recommend carrying them in 1)Some Cash, 2)TCs & 3)a Bank Draft [it takes about 30+ days to encash that]. -all the 3 formats [only], No Bank Statement/s.

Note: Also to reiterate that all Immigration Consultants will tell you to carry 'only' one or more of the 3 above. They wouldn't advice you to take a bank statement, why? -Check-it out with some of them.

I hope that helped...
Qorax

Ps: This is just a personal opinion. Others may differ & offer a better advice.

REALLY need your say on this........

Hi qorax,

I've been here in canada for 2 years now, i have a work visa (arranged employment), my work permit will expire this October 2010, already applied for an extension last June 2010. according to my employer Im on an implied status. my wife and child arrive a year ago. applied for permanent residence last year september 2009, got my medical and proof of settlement fund request last week. my concerns are:

1. according to the cic website if you have an arranged employment, you don't have to show the max threshold of the settlement funds
(that's 17k ) and sadly i don't have that kind of savings. are they going to deny my PR approval?

2.is it ok if i just submit my certificate of employment/offer letter which i got from my employer? paystubs or even my t4?

thank you in advance and more power.

Happyyay

azdania

Aug 24, 2010
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I am very interested in migrating to Canada. I will be migrating to canada with my 2 children. My husband will be staying back in Oman and continuing his job and sponsoring our stay in Canada till I can find a job. Kindly tell me whether I can show his monthly salary as proof of funds. Kindly revert to me back at the earliest as this is going to help me to take the major step in our life. Also please tell me what else can be shown as proof of funds .

Thanking you in advance :(

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
azdania said:
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I am very interested in migrating to Canada. I will be migrating to canada with my 2 children. My husband will be staying back in Oman and continuing his job and sponsoring our stay in Canada till I can find a job. Kindly tell me whether I can show his monthly salary as proof of funds. Kindly revert to me back at the earliest as this is going to help me to take the major step in our life. Also please tell me what else can be shown as proof of funds .

Thanking you in advance :(
Ma'am,

A. Don't miss-out in adding him into your application. Let him land with u & return to Oman, to join u guys later, as suitable, within 3 yrs.
B. Yes, u can show his bank statements (either held singularly or jointly with u) as your POF.

Qorax

gcctocanada

Jun 12, 2010
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/5/10
AOR Received.
4/15/10
IELTS Request
4/15/10
File Transfer...
9/23/10
Med's Request
6/20/13
Med's Done....
7/17/13- with PC and RPRF
Passport Req..
9/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/06/2013
LANDED..........
12/9/2013 EDMONTON
Bro Qorax, i have read a case here, is it posible to include all the family in the application, but due to lack of funds the PA will make an affidavit of the rest of the family "not accompanying" so that he will not show POF for 4 family members but only for him?

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
gcctocanada said:
Bro Qorax, i have read a case here, is it posible to include all the family in the application, but due to lack of funds the PA will make an affidavit of the rest of the family "not accompanying" so that he will not show POF for 4 family members but only for him?

Thanks
Yes, one can define one or all family members as unaccompanying, but not a wise thing to do. 'Coz later, to bring-in any of them would take time, effort & energy under the family sponsorship class. It'd take usually 1yr or more. Which can easily be an avoidable situation if one does so initially. I don't think funds take a higher priority than bringing every one in, in one time.

IMHO, a bad proposition.

Qorax

gcctocanada

Jun 12, 2010
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/5/10
AOR Received.
4/15/10
IELTS Request
4/15/10
File Transfer...
9/23/10
Med's Request
6/20/13
Med's Done....
7/17/13- with PC and RPRF
Passport Req..
9/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/06/2013
LANDED..........
12/9/2013 EDMONTON
qorax said:
Yes, one can define one or all family members as unaccompanying, but not a wise thing to do. 'Coz later, to bring-in any of them would take time, effort & energy under the family sponsorship class. It'd take usually 1yr or more. Which can easily be an avoidable situation if one does so initially. I don't think funds take a higher priority than bringing every one in, in one time.

IMHO, a bad proposition.

Qorax
Ok...thanks for the prompt reply..I will paste- forward this thread to the concern individual in the Filipino thread. ;D

Sam2Canada

Jan 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
02/02/2010
VISA ISSUED...
05/05/2010
LANDED..........
12/09/2010
Hi

I am landing in Sept 2nd week and I managed to get job transfer from my current employer. I asked by attorney if I still need to show the POF and his answer was "YES". I was bit surprise to know that but his logic is, when I filed my PR, that I time I did not mentioned about job in Canada (which is true bcos I ask for transfer only when I got PR visa)..thats why IO will still ask for POF. Anyone has any advice or similar experience ,please share?

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Hi Qorax,

I will take minimum PoF as required by CIC while landing. Is there any additional Tax I have to pay for any money I will bring to canada in subsequent visits? In that case I should take to canada as much amount as possible in first landing visit to avoid any Taxation?

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Sam2Canada said:
Hi

I am landing in Sept 2nd week and I managed to get job transfer from my current employer. I asked by attorney if I still need to show the POF and his answer was "YES". I was bit surprise to know that but his logic is, when I filed my PR, that I time I did not mentioned about job in Canada (which is true bcos I ask for transfer only when I got PR visa)..thats why IO will still ask for POF. Anyone has any advice or similar experience ,please share?
Your lawyer has advised u correctly. U'll need to carry the POF, as u r not an AEO applicant.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jawadahmed6065 said:
Hi Qorax,

I will take minimum PoF as required by CIC while landing. Is there any additional Tax I have to pay for any money I will bring to canada in subsequent visits? In that case I should take to canada as much amount as possible in first landing visit to avoid any Taxation?

Thanks
U can safely bring-in monies any & many times after landing... No taxes, levies or duties would be charged. However, the amount it earns as interest while@the bank will be taxable.

Qorax

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
qorax said:
U can safely bring-in monies any & many times after landing... No taxes, levies or duties would be charged. However, the amount it earns as interest while @ the bank will be taxable.

Qorax
Thanks Qorox. Just to confirm, minimum PoF at landing is declared; this is the only amount I will be declaring and having at the time of landing. However if in any of the subsequent visit, i bring any money which was not declared at landing, will be exempted from tax right?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jawadahmed6065 said:
Thanks Qorox. Just to confirm, minimum PoF at landing is declared; this is the only amount I will be declaring and having at the time of landing. However if in any of the subsequent visit, i bring any money which was not declared at landing, will be exempted from tax right?
Bro,

There's no way of declaring any "future funds" while landing. Everytime u enter Canada later, & carry anything beyond $10K, u'll be filing it in the Disembarkation Form. And it will not attract any duties, levies or taxes.

As u deposit it in the bank, they'd do their procedures automatically. No deductions while lying in the a/c... But while filing your annual tax returns u'll do the formulations.

Relax!
Qorax

azdania

Aug 24, 2010
Thank you, Mr. Qorax for your kind assistance. So as to proof of funds, if I show my husbands last twelve months bank statement in which monthly salary is deposited is enough. Have I understood properly. As you have adviced me to include my husband also in the application , now counting all the members i.e. 4, I have to declare $20,599 canadian dollars. So if I show annual salary of my husband for last year which comes little more than that, is it enough or have I got to show hard cash? :(

Regarding ILETS, is it compulsory eventhough we come from country (India) where we have done 15 years of schooling and graduation and postgraduation in english ?

Awaiting your reply,
Regards
Azmath