Proof of 'Landing Funds" >>>

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deep9 said:
Hi guys
I called the CBSA to inquire about the bank statement.
They told me that it would be fine if i carry bank statement.
Thanks for sharing the information.

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
hi deep...thanks for sharing the information...so we can conclude that bank statements will do?

deep9 said:
Hi guys

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

How about if all family members are not landing at the same time? I mean if only principal applicant is landing frist and other spouse / dependent will land after 1-2 month time?

Does the principal applicant still have to show the POF at the POE for all family members?

If principle applicant carrying the required amount (for all family members) at the time of landing and declared to Immigration officer,
1. Does they will again ask to the spouse/dependent at the time of landing to show POF? OR this will be only for Principle applicant

2. Can we mention that later on we will bring more cash (POF), still we have to pay tax? even spouse is landing first time and bring more funds?

3. How about Jewellery's which spouse or Dependant are wearing ? and will land later, who have to write in bringing list, principal applicant or spouse have to write in bringing list?
4. Does we have to make separate bringing list or one will be fine with principle applicant?

I hope, my questions are clear and I will get proper reply.

Thanks in advance

hmisabpk

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deep9 said:
Hi guys
For clarification did CBSA mention any such things that the Bank has to be an MNC bank or etc etc. Please clarify.

Thanks

Londonqtr

Mar 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
NOC Code......
4131- 4121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 09
Doc's Request.
May - 09
AOR Received.
Oct - 09
IELTS Request
Done my Ielts in Sept. and Sent after 120 days.
File Transfer...
Oct - 09
Med's Request
May 2010
Med's Done....
June 2010
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
15-3-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011
LANDED..........
Landed and Got the PR
First of all thanks for the nice thread. it is not the time for me to think about the POF. But I have some questions for you.

1. NOT showing the excess amount of Funds to the Immegration officer is an offence, what is the Logic they want to know how much money are we carring with us. what is more benificial? A: carring exact amount of funds or carring access amount of Funds? and Why?

2. What if I have some GOld Bars say almost 500 Grams? Do I have to show this as well?

3. will they charge us more Tax if we show them more POF?

these question may sound silly, but just wanted some clearifications?

Cheers

Londonqtr

deep9

Apr 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rocky272727 said:
For clarification did CBSA mention any such things that the Bank has to be an MNC bank or etc etc. Please clarify.

Thanks
They did not mention any such thing. I think I will probably be making another call.I'll ask them.

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Halo Seniors,

I m flying alone so is it okie if i show 10000 canadian dollars as POF

Can i show 70% of the above amount through bank draft and rest in cash

Which is good option TC's or Bank Draft .... i mean to encash it in our Canada Bank out...i mean in which mode more of commission we have to pay in TC's or Bank Draft

Thanks
Abhi

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Londonqtr said:
First of all thanks for the nice thread. it is not the time for me to think about the POF. But I have some questions for you.

1. NOT showing the excess amount of Funds to the Immegration officer is an offence, what is the Logic they want to know how much money are we carring with us. what is more benificial? A: carring exact amount of funds or carring access amount of Funds? and Why?

2. What if I have some GOld Bars say almost 500 Grams? Do I have to show this as well?

3. will they charge us more Tax if we show them more POF?

these question may sound silly, but just wanted some clearifications?

Cheers

Londonqtr
1. Proof of funds is confirmed by the immigration officer to make sure you have those much funds as as per the statistics in Canada, it may take up to 6 months of time to settle down. Showing exact amount will satisfy the officer but you should keep some extra to hedge the currency fluctuation risk. Showing extra will not harm at all.
2. You can show gold bars valuation certificate from a certified valuer.
3. No they will not charge you any tax since you will be immigrating to Canada.

RPN

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
deep9 said:
They did not mention any such thing. I think I will probably be making another call.I'll ask them.
Would appreciate if you could do so and update us accordingly. If possible, clarify that how many months bank statement, bank certificate stating the current balance will work, how old the bank certificate would be from the landing date in Canada etc...

Thanks.

saxena.sagar

Star Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Happyyay,
You read it right. you do not need to show proof of funds if you apply with arranged employment.

Happyyay said:
hi! I need help please. I'm currently working here in Alberta, Canada for 1 year and 10months. On Arranged Employment and I applied for Permanent residency (FSW). Do i Need to have Proof of Funds? which i don't have really. i read from somewhere that if youre on a arranged employment you don't need to have POF. would you be kind enough to enlightened me on this subject matter, thank you in advance.

saxena.sagar

Star Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi abhi,
Well POF are 11086 for single applicant. so its fine if you carry some % of it in TC/draft and some part of it in cash.
TC better or draft? No idea. i dont know details of thier transactions and fees charged. Maybe someone else can guide you on that.
Sagar.

abhi292000 said:
Halo Seniors,

I m flying alone so is it okie if i show 10000 canadian dollars as POF

Can i show 70% of the above amount through bank draft and rest in cash

Which is good option TC's or Bank Draft .... i mean to encash it in our Canada Bank out...i mean in which mode more of commission we have to pay in TC's or Bank Draft

Thanks
Abhi

saxena.sagar

Star Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes we may conclude that. Bank statement should be for 6 months, just checked it with a ww!cs guy. And it should be updated before you leave for canada. Do not carry the same which you showed to CHC few months ago, thats what he suggested.

Explanation of what he suggested me-
For example - You get bank statement of Jan to June 2009 and send it to CHC in July 2009 along with documents. You get your visa by december 2009. So you cannot carry bank statement of Jan to June 2009 in december 2009 to canada. Get an updated one from July to Dec 2009 before you leave.
This applies only for POF as bank statements

Sagar.

CPA2CANADA said:
hi deep...thanks for sharing the information...so we can conclude that bank statements will do?

bdg

Star Member
Apr 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
30-12-2015
File Transfer...
18-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-10-2015
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
Thanx all for participating here in an useful thread.

Now my question is dt as we all know we have to show POF at POE 11,086 for a single person. but from bangladesh its d regulation of Bangladesh Bank to limit $2,500 only to carry outside bangladesh. any amount carrying beyond dt is illegal. in dt cases, wht can we do where both rules (BD n CND) r contradictory?

I have a/c in HSBC which is an international bank n has presence in canada. in this case, can i carry bank statement of HSBC as POF alog with some cashe?

if not, wht cud b d alternative ways??

QORAX n others plz suggest...

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bdg said:
Thanx all for participating here in an useful thread.

Now my question is dt as we all know we have to show POF at POE 11,086 for a single person. but from bangladesh its d regulation of Bangladesh Bank to limit $2,500 only to carry outside bangladesh. any amount carrying beyond dt is illegal. in dt cases, wht can we do where both rules (BD n CND) r contradictory?

I have a/c in HSBC which is an international bank n has presence in canada. in this case, can i carry bank statement of HSBC as POF alog with some cashe?

if not, wht cud b d alternative ways??

QORAX n others plz suggest...
Yes you can carry HSBC bank statement to complete the landing formalities.

longestboat

May 3, 2010
Hi Everybody

My Family and I are landing in Canada on the 17th May 2010 as Perm Residents (Skilled Worker). The issue is is that we are only staying in Canada for three weeks on Vacation as I do not have a job as yet, I do not have sufficent funds in my account at the present time to meet the requirements.

Will a current property valuation of our house in the UK and a current mortgage balance ( to prove the equity in the house ) satisfy the immigration officer?

We would sell the house and Car etc when I get a job in Canada and have sufficent funds when we move over for good.

Plus the fact that we have return tickets to the UK three weeks after landing ?

Please advise....we dont have long left !!!