+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of 'Landing Funds" >>>

Mar 20, 2016
Hi Seniors,

I am planning my Landing in July 2016 from India
Can Indians tell me which all banks statement is acceptable.I have heard that only some specific banks' statement is acceptable at the time of landing
I have my account in HDFC bank

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreamland_2010 said:
Hi Seniors,

I am planning my Landing in July 2016 from India
Can Indians tell me which all banks statement is acceptable.I have heard that only some specific banks' statement is acceptable at the time of landing
I have my account in HDFC bank

Thanks
Recent versions of any documents that you submitted as part of your successful application to IRCC are acceptable at landing.

hemishad

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/10/2014
Nomination.....
18/12/2014
AOR Received.
03/03/2015
File Transfer...
09/03/2015
Med's Request
16/07/2015
Med's Done....
27/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18/09/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/09/2015
LANDED..........
Not decided
I have a query

Under Jewellery section if I am not carrying any jewellery with me in the luggage but instead wearing it. Do I still need to click pictures and fill it in the form and get a valuation certificate from the jeweller? Please help its urgent as I am landing next week.

XpressEnterprise

May 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, PK (old)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2007 (Investor)
AOR Received.
19-08-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
20-04-2011 (London, UK)
Med's Request
29-08-2012 / 29-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2012 / 20-06-2014
Interview........
01-12-2010 (Damascus, Syria)
Passport Req..
21-02-2012 (PPR1) / 15-10-2014 (PPR1 with chart) / 17-11-2014 (PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014 (Received on 01-01-2015)
LANDED..........
12-04-2015 (PR Card : 09-07-2015)
wan2no said:
Hopefully landing Toronto next week. My concern is about accepatble easy landing fund showing. I tried to open bank account before landing but no bank is given this except for uk residents. So I contacted money transferring agents they allow only bank deposit for high amount like 12000 cad. So I am thinking to issue a money order from my name to one of my family friends Canadian bank account and later I will get it back. Is it ok to satisfy immigration officer during landing and showing all documents and fact telling. You know carrying cash too much is Risky! How safe is it to carry a lot of cash by hand. Any way can I get money transferred to my friends account as it is swift within 10 minutes deposit as PIN and easy with a great transaction exchange rate! Is it unacceptable to immigration or I can explain my case. Actually I found this quite convenient. My concern is whether it is enough to meet the requirements as money order is from my name to friends name temporarily .
Let me know quickly as I have to arrange all in short time.
Carry as much cash you can carry. It's really important. If not, make a bank draft or money order, but it takes time to get money transferred. You can go the very next day to any bank and deposit everything in there.

Transferring money to your friend's account is not advisable as you will not have control over your funds.

relena08

Aug 15, 2015
Hello,

My flight is in July. For my settlement funds, I plan to bring 4000CAD and the rest of the money is in my ATM card which I can withdraw in any ATM machines abroad with a Mastercard/Cirrus/Maestro logo. I will just bring a bank statement to show how much is in my ATM card and I can also access my account online or via an iphone application from my bank here in the Philippines. Will this satisfy the immigration officer?

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Guys i have a question that might be answered in that long thread,i have read parts of it and have a few questions :
1-are bank statements accepted as pof when landing?
2-how often are people asked for pof?
3-are bank statement enough or also a bank letter is needed??
4-is the latest bank statement only required or a 6 month statement is needed? Thanks

Reactions: chasinglight

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
Guys i have a question that might be answered in that long thread,i have read parts of it and have a few questions :
1-are bank statements accepted as pof when landing?
2-how often are people asked for pof?
3-are bank statement enough or also a bank letter is needed??
4-is the latest bank statement only required or a 6 month statement is needed? Thanks
Hi,
1. Yes. Make sure that it is at current date and in your account.
2. Always. This is one of the requirement. There is a threshold based on no. Of family migrating. It has to be equal or above that.
3. Bank statement or bank letter, anyone will do. But make sure that the bank letter covers every bit of info starting with name, open date, any debts, current balance as at current date. I would suggest get both of them. No harm of carrying both.
4. All i know that it depends on VO. They might ask you to provide bank statement for 3 months or 6months. Sudden lump sum deposit needs to be explained LOE.
Cheers

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Hi,
1. Yes. Make sure that it is at current date and in your account.
2. Always. This is one of the requirement. There is a threshold based on no. Of family migrating. It has to be equal or above that.
3. Bank statement or bank letter, anyone will do. But make sure that the bank letter covers every bit of info starting with name, open date, any debts, current balance as at current date. I would suggest get both of them. No harm of carrying both.
4. All i know that it depends on VO. They might ask you to provide bank statement for 3 months or 6months. Sudden lump sum deposit needs to be explained LOE.
Cheers
Thanks,i got a bank letter before showing my balance and another one showing my opening dates but i had to pay for both of them to get issued thats why i asked if the statements alone will suffice then no need to issue the letter and opening date letter and just save my money

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017

aspirant_canada

Jun 17, 2017
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Request
21-01-2017
Hi Guys,
I am preparing for my landing. Ill be there on a short trip (exactly 5 days).
Single Applicant
> USD 2500 (approx. CAD 3000)
> Balance I have in my bank accounts in my current home country

Is it advisable to travel that way or I should get travelers cheque or bank drafts made?

Seniors please advise.

Thanks

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Hi Guys,
I am preparing for my landing. Ill be there on a short trip (exactly 5 days).
Single Applicant
> USD 2500 (approx. CAD 3000)
> Balance I have in my bank accounts in my current home country

Is it advisable to travel that way or I should get travelers cheque or bank drafts made?

Seniors please advise.

Thanks
I think its ok i will be doing that anyways

chasinglight

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
Were you asked to show the proof of funds though? A lot of people are asked how much money they are bringing with them but only a few are ever asked to show it. I was one of the few asked to show it.

Hi Wolverine17!

I smoothly did my landing with no hassles.

Thanks for all the help, it is sincerely appreciated.