+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds student visa

tmap21

Oct 4, 2017
Hi all,
I applied to memorial university of Newfoundland on the 31st of August for the winter intake but I'm still waiting for a response. I've decided to plan ahead and get to understand all the requirements for the study permit. As far as proof of funds are concerned my parents bank statements for the past 4 months don't look so good, but recently they sold a property and deposited a huge sum into their account. So I was wondering is it possible to use one months worth of Bank Statements and prove that the money came from the sale of one of our properties, because I understand that one of the main reasons why we are asked to provide 4-6 months worth of statements is because Canada wants to make sure that we haven't just borrowed the money from friends and used it as proof of funds. Also if that's not possible how can I get around this issue? I also read somewhere that it's possible to pay for housing and tuition and use the proof of payment as proof of funds.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Attach the documents from the real estate (land) sale to your paperwork and include an explanation that the money has cone from the property sale.

stmani

Sep 18, 2011
Hi which course did you apply for? I’m also planning to apply mba in memorial university for fall 2018. Is it easy to get admission?

tmap21

Oct 4, 2017
Hi which course did you apply for? I’m also planning to apply mba in memorial university for fall 2018. Is it easy to get admission?
Hi I applied for the bachelor of business administration program, I'm not really sure about their admission but they have taken so long to make a decision on my application