+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
We are sitting in the pool at 411 and figuring out pof. My husband just sold stock options he has in his company to cover the cost. The money will be deposited in a bank account. Is it enough to get a letter from the bank or should we provide some kind of evidence of the options sale to show as well for POF?
Proof of liquidation/redemption is required as to show the source of funds
Bank letter is mandatory.

Advisor_PK

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Islamabad and Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
04-04-2016
Well this is just my opinion. But it sounds like a very large amount of money will be credited in your bank account because of the stocks. This may arouse suspicion. To be safe, I would try to get some proof that this amount came from stock sale so that the immigration officer knows that it isn't a loan of some kind.

Most stock brokers will give you print out of your transaction history. That would be enough

We are sitting in the pool at 411 and figuring out pof. My husband just sold stock options he has in his company to cover the cost. The money will be deposited in a bank account. Is it enough to get a letter from the bank or should we provide some kind of evidence of the options sale to show as well for POF?

nmurshed

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

Hi,

I had knowledge that , you can skip showing funds only if you are CEC applicant.

From the above statement, If I am FSW applicant, and I have a full time job in Canada, do I need to show funds?

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Thank you. Regarding the second option i too had the same reservations. I think instead of my mother's savings I should sell my car then.

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
I have my payroll account in SCB. SCB refused to give me the letter in CIC format i.e. average 6 months balance in not mentioned in the letter. I am uploading 6 months SCB statements stamped and signed but statements have credit card payment transactions. Letter, however, does not mention anything about my credit card which is linked to my payroll account. What should I do in this case as CIC demands any credit card dues etc in the letter.

EhhCanada

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
I am in the US and waiting in the pool, meanwhile I am preparing the documents.
so for POF what are all the things I can show from US ?

HadiMilan

May 3, 2017
Hello all :)

I have a quick question!
I'm a bit unclear about this. When you guys say "depositing a large amount of money to one's account" is questionable, how much money are you talking about? I mean how much deposit would be considered as large? Would something less than 2000 also be considered as large?

Thank you very much :)
Hadi

Last edited:

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Hi All,

EE-FSW post ITA (with spouse, accompanying travel), filling out the eAPR & preparing documents.

For proof of funds, by bank has issued me a signed, stamped letter stating the following:

My name, Address, Bank account number, account type, Account open date, Current Balance, Average balance (12 mos), Account holders (joint with spouse).
They have issued 1 letter per account (each account has separate letter). I am planning to add to this, account statements for the past 6 months, notarized by a bank official.

Would there be anything else I need to consider/add?

Experienced members, please advise.

Thanks
S.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Hi All,

EE-FSW post ITA (with spouse, accompanying travel), filling out the eAPR & preparing documents.

For proof of funds, by bank has issued me a signed, stamped letter stating the following:

My name, Address, Bank account number, account type, Account open date, Current Balance, Average balance (12 mos), Account holders (joint with spouse).
They have issued 1 letter per account (each account has separate letter). I am planning to add to this, account statements for the past 6 months, notarized by a bank official.

Would there be anything else I need to consider/add?

Experienced members, please advise.

Thanks
S.
I would say you should get an affidavit from your spouse saying that he/she authorizes the use of the balance towards immigration.

Reactions: systix

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
I would say you should get an affidavit from your spouse saying that he/she authorizes the use of the balance towards immigration.
Would the affidavit be a requirement even if my spouse is mentioned as part of my application as travelling (or intending to travel) together with me?

SPKKS

Mar 1, 2017
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-01-2017
Doc's Request.
15-05-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Can I get a suggestion how to carry the funds? I will be moving with my family( 5 members). Should that be in the form of travellers cheques or even cash can be carried.?

trikings2000

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Nigeria
NOC Code......
Please I require a detailed response and most safest option concerning my POF.

I currently own a current and savings account with GT bank. The current account has been my salary account for about 6 months (savings was previously the salary account). Additionally, I got a loan of about 5mil from GT bank in december which was paid into my current account. Monthly and yearly deductions occur on this account to settle the bank loan taken.

With this is in view what account can I tender as my POF?

I have the option of paying off the balance of the loan (3.75mil) before presenting this as my POF. The problem with this is that i will need about 8million to clear off the loan and have sufficient funds to present as my POF. Can this suffice? Even after clearing the loan as my account will show that a loan was just cleared recently?

Another option will be to use my wife's account (savings). The challenge is that there has been no sufficient flow of funds in her account as she has not been working in the Last 6 months. Her mum though intend to transfer some sum into her account as a gift. Can her savings account in this instance be used for POF?

Based on the circumstance described above please kindly advice on the safest and most viable option.

Humbly Awaiting your responses. Thanks