+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds and soft landing

Stubble

Sep 14, 2017
I will be going with my family to Canada soon on PR. The required before funds is 30 K. I will be carrying 10K since I will be staying there for 10 days and doing soft landing. I will be carrying my updated bank statement from India that shows the required 30 K.

Well immigration officer created a problem for me since I do not have any Monetary instruments exceeding 5k. Can I disclose to him that I am coming to Canada for 10 days and I'll be returning to Canada again after a year ?

With an Indian bank statement suffice as proof of funds for the immigration officer when I land?
Sense, I do not want to carry all the 30 K since I will be coming back to India to stay for 1 more year.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
I have herd stories of people deed entry due to lack of funds.
They were denied because they could not prove they had the required funds with them or in their account hence the advice to you above to carry a current bank statement showing you have the required funds. Some people were asked to log into their online bank system and show the funds in their account to the intake officials. With that, they entered the country without further issue.