+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROGRAM NOT RELATED TO EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION - What are my Visa chances?

guru24

Jan 5, 2017
Hello there everyone!
I am a B.Com graduate, completed in the year 2014.
I worked in a Non - IT job for 8 months and wanted to move to IT, hence i quit my previous job and did a NETWORKING CERTIFICATION in CISCO and got certified and currently I am working in an IT company from the past 8 months which is related to Networking field and I have extensive knowledge in Networking now. And I was looking at FANSHAWE COLLEGE which offers PG Diploma courses in Information Security Management and Network & Security Architecture and I went through the course content and I know most of the topics and there a few topics which I would like to learn more and explore.

But I went to an education consultant and they said that your visa might be rejected because you come from a different educational background, but FANSHAWE doesn't really mention that you need to have a degree in a particular field they've just mentioned that you need to have a bachelors degree OR a relevant work experience both which I can satisfy. The education consultant told me that you better go for a program related to your educational background and later you ll have an option to change the course at FANSHAWE and I am not really sure if that's gonna happen. I really want to continue in IT and don't want to change my field, so please someone tell me if my visa will be approved based on my work experience because I am a genuine candidate looking to study seriously and I will provide all the necessary documents to the Visa officer to satisfy my profile. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

volintine

May 16, 2014
Not Sure. But I think you will get admitted into college, but visa office isn't going to have much faith in your application and might think you are not serious for your studies. So, your consultant is right.

sarab1402

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Hello there everyone!
I am a B.Com graduate, completed in the year 2014.
I worked in a Non - IT job for 8 months and wanted to move to IT, hence i quit my previous job and did a NETWORKING CERTIFICATION in CISCO and got certified and currently I am working in an IT company from the past 8 months which is related to Networking field and I have extensive knowledge in Networking now. And I was looking at FANSHAWE COLLEGE which offers PG Diploma courses in Information Security Management and Network & Security Architecture and I went through the course content and I know most of the topics and there a few topics which I would like to learn more and explore.

But I went to an education consultant and they said that your visa might be rejected because you come from a different educational background, but FANSHAWE doesn't really mention that you need to have a degree in a particular field they've just mentioned that you need to have a bachelors degree OR a relevant work experience both which I can satisfy. The education consultant told me that you better go for a program related to your educational background and later you ll have an option to change the course at FANSHAWE and I am not really sure if that's gonna happen. I really want to continue in IT and don't want to change my field, so please someone tell me if my visa will be approved based on my work experience because I am a genuine candidate looking to study seriously and I will provide all the necessary documents to the Visa officer to satisfy my profile. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Did you got the visa ??