+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing Times for LMO

A

albertian

katniss said:
Hi there,

I have been reading many examples from people who say they received a "file number"....did you guys apply through a paper application or online?? I have applied using a paper (mailed) application on Dec 7 and still not heard anything....should my employer call SC?? Pls advise!! Thanks!
i am not sure i think my agent send document through fax beacuse i remebered that agent told to me i have already send document through fax when i called to him on dec 10. if you have any sort of question feel free to ask me .i will update my status time to time :)

Miss C

Jan 16, 2012
ellif said:
Thank katniss, i really hope to have my LMO next week ( apllied at 7 of nov)

Cross fingers ???
Yeah let's hope it's true!!!!
My employer applied and SC received our LMO apps Nov 8th (office Toronto) !! So if there is an update on your side let me know cause I am just one day behind you :°)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stay positive!

justtheme

May 2, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa >> Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010
AOR Received.
03-09-2011
IELTS Request
7.5 / 9
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
29-5-2013
Med's Done....
10-6-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
26-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Guys - Look at this:

http://www.thestar.com/news/investigations/immigration/article/1123302--foreign-workers-face-being-sent-home-over-work-permit-snarl

"Thousands of temporary foreign workers are at risk of losing their permission to work in Canada and being sent home — ironically, just as Ottawa is fast-tracking work permit processing.

Legal experts blame the chaos on two government departments being badly out of sync in processing the documents required to get a temporary work permit."

doctorcoffee

Oct 5, 2011
Hi all,

I am awaiting my 2nd LMO - the first took 12 weeks and 5 days, but after I'd sold my business here in the UK and got flights to Canada the total 'barsteward' of an employer told me there was no job for me!! Fortunately I found another one, but of course the beeping LMOs can't be transferred, so I've gotta wait for #2.

Anyway, sent off the application 1st December. Employer rang service canada on 16th Jan, and was told it was about 11 weeks and we could expect to hear on 24th Feb. (by the way this is for Saskatchewan).

However, today they got a letter asking for all sorts of information:
business contracts for goods and services,
provincial workers compensation clearance letter,
all canada revenue agency income documents,
lawyer attestation....

Has anyone else's employers had to supply all this? For the first one it was just a three page form! Sounds a bit odd to me?

Advice appreciated! Cheers

katniss

Sep 15, 2011
albertian said:
i am not sure i think my agent send document through fax beacuse i remebered that agent told to me i have already send document through fax when i called to him on dec 10. if you have any sort of question feel free to ask me .i will update my status time to time :)
thanks Albertian... I will keep you posted!! good luck to all of us :)

Man415

Jul 25, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
Med's Request
10-02-14
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
doctorcoffee said:
Hi all,

I am awaiting my 2nd LMO - the first took 12 weeks and 5 days, but after I'd sold my business here in the UK and got flights to Canada the total 'barsteward' of an employer told me there was no job for me!! Fortunately I found another one, but of course the beeping LMOs can't be transferred, so I've gotta wait for #2.

Anyway, sent off the application 1st December. Employer rang service canada on 16th Jan, and was told it was about 11 weeks and we could expect to hear on 24th Feb. (by the way this is for Saskatchewan).

However, today they got a letter asking for all sorts of information:
business contracts for goods and services,
provincial workers compensation clearance letter,
all canada revenue agency income documents,
lawyer attestation....

Has anyone else's employers had to supply all this? For the first one it was just a three page form! Sounds a bit odd to me?

Advice appreciated! Cheers
Hi Doctor Coffee,

So sad to hear that news for you. But have you signed any contract before the LMO application? As if you did then there should be a job for you then. Anyway good luck on your application. I am also in Coffee Shop industry but I have signed with another company in Alberta. My employer and I only communicate via email but I am glad the he always respond when I have any queries and is also concerned over the delay. My application is now on 12 weeks.

foruaks

May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Online
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-07-2013
Guys ... If anyone got LMO applied on or before 8th November, pls respond. My LMO was applied on 8th Nov. I am in a difficult situation right now. If I don't get to know my LMO status in coming days, I'll be out of project.

If possible, can someone tell me which LMO batch is getting processed now.

Miss C

Jan 16, 2012
foruaks said:
Guys ... If anyone got LMO applied on or before 8th November, pls respond. My LMO was applied on 8th Nov. I am in a difficult situation right now. If I don't get to know my LMO status in coming days, I'll be out of project.

If possible, can someone tell me which LMO batch is getting processed now.
Hey Foruk,

Mine was received on the same date Nov 8th! Last week SC in Toronto told my employer that they've started to work on apps received Nov 2d. I'll let y know if there's an update ;°)

foruaks

May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Online
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-07-2013
Miss C said:
Hey Foruk,

Mine was received on the same date Nov 8th! Last week SC in Toronto told my employer that they've started to work on apps received Nov 2d. I'll let y know if there's an update ;°)
Thanks Miss C....

Do you have any approximate idea that when shall this be processed? I can tell my employer a tentative date since he is planning to put me on a different project.

I would really appreciate your response on this.

Miss C

Jan 16, 2012
foruaks said:
Thanks Miss C....

Do you have any approximate idea that when shall this be processed? I can tell my employer a tentative date since he is planning to put me on a different project.

Hey Foruk

I'd love to give you some more infos but I don't know if they have started to work on apps after Nov 2d...it's kind of a big pain in the a*** cause no one really knows how long the process is taking now. It used to be up to 12 weeks waiting time but I have seen a lot of people who are in the same situation as me and you...week 13 and +. But let's be positive the week has just started, so let's hope SC is getting ahead of the game...starting to work on apps received week Nov 7th.
Again I let y know as soon as my employer has an update on the processing!!!

Miss C

Jan 16, 2012
foruaks said:
Thanks Miss C....

I forgot to say that they told my boss last week that it will take another 2-3 weeks time. ok?

revival

Star Member
Jan 7, 2012
rjessome said:
Online apps are taking about 7 to 14 days too. They are cleaning house as they are implementing GCMS at the end of the month in Vegreville.
Rjessome,
I sent you PM pls reply.thanks.
Revival

A

andresantana

hey everyone,
I want to ask for advice, My LMO was refuse thanks to the minimum wage, My employer is willing to increase the wage for the one it requires. He will be sending the new application after the all process it needs, so it will be around feb 13th. But I need to apply for a restauration of status before feb28th, wich was under work permit,
Can I apply for a fast track?
How much time do I have after I applying for my restauration of status, to send the LMO confirmation?
Thanks all.

foruaks

May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Online
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-07-2013
Miss C said:
I forgot to say that they told my boss last week that it will take another 2-3 weeks time. ok?
Thanks Miss C... This is killing. I have to somehow convince my boss to borrow 2-3 weeks more. And if SC objects in some points, then I don't think there are any hopes for me.

Pls keep me posted. Your updates are helping me to convince my boss in some or the other way. Once again thanks for that. I appreciate that.

denkooo

Dec 7, 2011
Hi andresantana

Can you share your LMO timeline where and when you apply with be helpful for me and someone who is waiting for LMO :) and plz everyone keep updating dates if someone have any news for LMO