+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing Times for LMO

Miss C

Jan 16, 2012
Laurenhannah said:
Hi Miss C,

did you receive your LMO decision yet? ours was sent in on Nov 2nd, still nothing.

Has anyone else been in contact with SC lately to find out about processing times? Our lawyer is calling today so will update when we hear!
Hi LaurenHannah,

No annoyingly nothing. I'll skype with my employer tonight to discuss what to do, cause they want me over aspo. I don't know if he has received any news from SC this week yet. I'll tell you if I have got some news!

Miss C

Jan 16, 2012
Laurenhannah said:
Our lawyer called Service Canada (Toronto Office) and they said my boyfriends application (which was sent in on Nov 2) would be processed within 2 weeks. The lawyer then received a called a couple of hours later from SC asking for some more info. So i think it must be processing, and hopefully be done within 2 weeks ish.

The wait is HORRID!!!
Yeah the wait is horrid!
Well if they are processing the one of your boyfriend sent Nov 2d, maybe they are also starting to look into mine....hopefully! Thanks for the update!

katniss

Sep 15, 2011
albertian said:
i applied 2 dec 2011 received file no on 15 dec 2011 (received enquiry from case officer on 3 jan 2012) then no reply so my agent called to hrsdc department case is in holidays come back on this monday 22-01-12 i hope next week i will get my positiv lmo .lmo timline is 5 working days in alberta and britishcolombia only in hosptality cases and maximun 1 month in provincinal area or 6 week .thanks guy for sharing your expirience .plzz keep sharing your expirience .best of luck :D
Hi there,

I have been reading many examples from people who say they received a "file number"....did you guys apply through a paper application or online?? I have applied using a paper (mailed) application on Dec 7 and still not heard anything....should my employer call SC?? Pls advise!! Thanks!

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
katniss said:
Hi there,

I have been reading many examples from people who say they received a "file number"....did you guys apply through a paper application or online?? I have applied using a paper (mailed) application on Dec 7 and still not heard anything....should my employer call SC?? Pls advise!! Thanks!
Hi Katniss,

our application was submitted by fax, did you send to Toronto office? They are terribly backlogged but you have received a file number by now. They allocate a file number once your application has been 'opened'. I would get your employer to contact SC for an update.

katniss

Sep 15, 2011
Laurenhannah said:
Hi Katniss,

our application was submitted by fax, did you send to Toronto office? They are terribly backlogged but you have received a file number by now. They allocate a file number once your application has been 'opened'. I would get your employer to contact SC for an update.
Hi Laurenhannah,

Thanks so much for the quick reply!! Yes, we sent it to the Toronto office.... can you please confirm the number to call... my employer is going to call them tomorrow to discuss at 1-(866)-556-5518... is this the right number??

Thanks again :)

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
katniss said:
Hi Laurenhannah,

Thanks so much for the quick reply!! Yes, we sent it to the Toronto office.... can you please confirm the number to call... my employer is going to call them tomorrow to discuss at 1-(866)-556-5518... is this the right number??

Thanks again :)
Hi Katniss,

I believe the number we called in the past is 1-800-622-6232 (thats from the website).. our lawyer probably has a direct number, but thats the SC number. They should definitely have at least opened your application by now, so hopefully can provide your employer with a file number. Then they can call periodically and reference that number to get an update.

Good luck :)

Miss C

Jan 16, 2012
katniss said:
Hi there,

Hi Katniss,

yes my employer also used the old-fashioned way via mail. We received a file number Nov 19th (about 11 days after we sent in our application). I too think it's best if your employer calls them up. I also read that you can ask about your application with the help of the Canada Revenue Agency Business Number.
Hope that helps :°)

katniss

Sep 15, 2011
Thanks so much, Laurenhannah and Miss C :)

I have just confirmed with my employer and he says he will call them tomorrow... fingers crossed!!

Miss C

Jan 16, 2012
Hi guys,

I skyped with me employer yesterday and he just confirmed what LaurenHannah said, that SC is apparently working on applications received in the week of Nov 2d, so we are just around the corner. He we also try to call them as much as he can, to stay updated and maybe being pushy will get us a quick + result.
Cross fingers for everyone xxx!

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
Miss C said:
Hi guys,

I skyped with me employer yesterday and he just confirmed what LaurenHannah said, that SC is apparently working on applications received in the week of Nov 2d, so we are just around the corner. He we also try to call them as much as he can, to stay updated and maybe being pushy will get us a quick + result.
Cross fingers for everyone xxx!
Hi Miss C,

Thats great, i hope you hear soon! The lawyer is sending in the additional info they asked for this morning(they gave her 1 day to get it all and said it had to be in by this morning) then as soon as they receive it, they'll finish it off, and send a letter to the employer and a fax to the lawyer stating the decision. We could know as early as this afternoon. Its so intense, this is our second time applying for the LMO as the first one was rejected (when the employer completed it on their own.. SC are too picky on it being filled out perfectly!), so if its a no this time.. we'll be heading back to the UK. My boyfriend couldn't bear to go through all this again.

Good luck and i hope you hear soon!!

ellif

Jan 17, 2012
Hi guys,

I'm following this post because I'm in the same situation:

My employee send all the documents by fax 27 of oct ; but actually when he caled they said to have there at 7 of november :(

I'm still waiting and very worry about my future.

My visa will expired 9 of feb and i don't know what to do. ???

If anybody has any suggestion for me I will really appreciate.
I hope to hear sometime soon.

Ellif

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
ellif said:
Hi guys,

I'm following this post because I'm in the same situation:

My employee send all the documents by fax 27 of oct ; but actually when he caled they said to have there at 7 of november :(

I'm still waiting and very worry about my future.

My visa will expired 9 of feb and i don't know what to do. ???

If anybody has any suggestion for me I will really appreciate.
I hope to hear sometime soon.

Ellif
Hi Ellif,

its very stressful. My boyfriends was sent in on November 2nd and they are finishing processing it either today or tomorrow, i would say yours should be processed very soon. As soon as you receive the fax, you can go to the boarder and get your new permit. The lawyer advised us yesterday that the original copy is not necessary so as soon as the fax is received, take that along with your contract and all other supporting documents and you will be fine :)

Hope you hear soon.

ellif

Jan 17, 2012
thank you Laurenhannah,

i really hope it will work....
I don't know about to go to the border.
I think a have to apply online for extend my visa :(

Because my visa now is working holiday visa and i have to apply for work permit ???

it's so sad....

Miss C

Jan 16, 2012
Laurenhannah said:
Hi Miss C,

Thats great, i hope you hear soon! The lawyer is sending in the additional info they asked for this morning(they gave her 1 day to get it all and said it had to be in by this morning) then as soon as they receive it, they'll finish it off, and send a letter to the employer and a fax to the lawyer stating the decision. We could know as early as this afternoon. Its so intense, this is our second time applying for the LMO as the first one was rejected (when the employer completed it on their own.. SC are too picky on it being filled out perfectly!), so if its a no this time.. we'll be heading back to the UK. My boyfriend couldn't bear to go through all this again.

Good luck and i hope you hear soon!!
Thanks LaurenHannah,

I hope the LMO will be positive this time!
Cross Fingers!

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
charmainefrances said:
Just to give my timeline in applying LMO

NOV. 24, 2011- faxed the LMO application
DEC. 28, 2011- received the LMO confirmation
JAN. 6, 2012- received the POSITIVE LMO
JAN. 9.2012- Mailed the work permit application

I wish everyone well.! I hope everybody will receive a positive LMO

God bless!

Hi guys! Just want to share the good news! I already received my work permit today January 26, 12. After mailing it Jan. 9, 12, Here it is on my hand! So amazing how they worked on it so fast! Just 2 weeks... on the CIC website , they are working on papers received Dec. 9, 2011 (same employer). i don't know how they did it but it is really a blessing! Just keep on praying!