+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) London visa office

abdullah786

Feb 6, 2017
It seems like VFC has a standard response whereby they say the processing time is 5 days but that any additional 'depends on the high commission'.

My family is stuck in Norway due to my wife losing her PR card. My kids have Canadian passports so that's no problem. Unfortunately we cant have my wife get an ETA and fly into Canada as a visitor, since she is a permanent resident.

I have all the application ready along with the supporting documents, and in the process of having my wife mail it from Norway to the London Visa Application Center.

Has anyone gone through this lately? What is the actual processing time? If It takes long, I will have to travel to Norway in order to support and be there for the family. Any suggestions?

Thanks

loncan

May 21, 2013
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
Jul 2014
Depending on what passport your wife has, one option might be to fly to the USA instead, using an ESTA. Then she crosses the land border and they can just check PR status on the computer.
The ETA is only needed for permission to fly, so the land border won't be affected.