Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
flavioburiti said:
HI all

I sent out my application for PR in Vegreville in December. 3 months later I received a letter acknowledging me they received in Dec 28. I haven`t been told to send an Open Work Permit application together. But the immigration officer in Calgary said I will receive a letter stating I am eligible for a OWK... BUT WHEN???? How long does it take in average? processing time is driving me nuts!
The letter which will say you are eligible to apply for OWP is your Approval in Principle letter which you will receive after they approve your sponsor. It takes now about 11 months since the date of receipt of your application by CIC. It's a long wait, I know. From what I understand it doesn't really make much of a difference whether you apply for OWP now and get your OWP with your AIP, or you wait until you get your AIP and then apply for OWP (maybe the first option would be a few weeks faster - not more).

manesh80

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
I got nomination from Saskatchewan and is thinking of applying for open work permit from india. Please advice