+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedure to get PF Balance Certificate and A/C statement from PF OFFICE - INDIA

harpreet.hs

Jul 13, 2017
Hello Friends,

I am also sailing in the same boat and was really confused whether EPF can be used as POF. I have NOI from Ontario. So glad to see here that I can go ahead with it.

Could anybody of you let me know whether there is any specific format for LOE for EPF. I would really appreciate if anybody can share the LOW if written to VO. What information else is required for this.

Regards,
HS

jeubec_k97

Aug 22, 2017
Hello,

I have a few queries regarding this & it would be really helpful if anyone can help answer. From all the conversations that have taken place in this forum it seems to be clear that:

Attested EPF statement and balance sheet needs to be obtained from the Regional EPF offices (or)
EPF passbook along with the UAN ID card can be submitted.

Now, if the EPF passbook along with the UAN ID card (both downloaded from the UAN website) are to be submitted, should they be attested as well or can they be used directly?

Also, I have 3 PF accounts in total (2 of which have end dates & from my previous organizations). Now, if the EPF officer requests for a letter from the company from my past two organizations, how would we be able to obtain them?

amit202

Aug 27, 2017
Hello All, this has really been a very informative forum....

Can senior members of forum please help me with below information, would really appreciate the details.

1. Is contribution made to ppf is also considered as a POF ?
2. Also is pf and ppf (if considered) are considered 100% or only 20-30% weightage is given, as asked in some of the previous posts....

sriguru12

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Passbook :-
https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp
Hi,

Can anyone kindly let me know the steps to register and download the UAN card and Member Passbook.
I launched https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/, but could not find the Register link.

Thanks,
Brenna
Passbook can be downloaded at :-
https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp

I dont think so you can register UAN as it is generated by the Employer. On the same page try Activate UAN with your details

Reactions: Brenna

kaddu747

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Bangalore, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
Doc's Request.
02-11-2016
Nomination.....
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-29-2017
Hello All, this has really been a very informative forum....

Can senior members of forum please help me with below information, would really appreciate the details.

1. Is contribution made to ppf is also considered as a POF ?
2. Also is pf and ppf (if considered) are considered 100% or only 20-30% weightage is given, as asked in some of the previous posts....
1. PPF cannot be considered as POF as your funds are locked in for atleast 15 years.
2. Ideally you do want a spread of your funds in various forms - FDs, savings account, MFs/shares, PF, PPF. You should never have all your eggs in 1 basket.

Sujata Ghatak

Sep 14, 2017
Guys -

In my case, I had put lot of jugaad and got to speak to PF commissioner in Mumbai who told me that everything is available in the website managed by govt. of India, and that we should download and use it. The PF office has stopped issuing letters.

I explained to him the reason why I would need such a letter, to which he said I could download the PF statement from the website, and write a LOE mentioning the clause under which any PF account holder could withdraw his/her PF funds.

The clauses (SETTLEMENT UNDER PARA 69-TO MEMBER) are available here : http://epfdelhi.gov.in/employersbenefits.asp

So,I prepared the LOE / PF Balance Certificate by my own and to be on a safe side, I got it notarized too.

I submitted this letter along with the PF statement. The format of the letter I prepared was like this :

The PF balance in respect of <PF Account holder name> bearing account number <PF Account Number> as on <Date> is :
EE Share : <Amount>
ER Share : <Amount>

Total amount available for withdrawal : <Amount>

*The amount can be withdrawn by the account holder under para 69 (1)(c) as specified in the table below :

WEBSITE REFERENCE - http://epfdelhi.gov.in/employersbenefits.asp

SETTLEMENT UNDER PARA 69-TO MEMBER:

THROUGH FORM No.19
Immediate settlement without waiting period of 2 months:

69(1)(a) Retirement after attaining 55 years of age.
69(1)(b) Retirement on account of total and permanent incapacity due to bodily or mental infirmity .
69(1)(d) Termination of service on retrenchment.
69(1)(dd) Termination on V.R.S
Note: For female members leaving service for the purpose of getting married; waiting period not applicable.
69(1)(c) Migration from India for permanent settlement abroad or taking employment abroad.

I suggest you use this template and try getting this on company letter head with HR dept stamp/sign. If they don't give it on the letterhead, atleast use a normal A4 sheet.
Make sure the statement along with the PF balance certificate is notarized regardless of HR signs on it or not.
Hi Rohit,
Thanks for sharing your experience. Is your visa approved based on the LOE. Also there is no such URL exists for Kolkata PF. By any chance do you know any other link which generic for all employee in india.

Thanks in advance

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
Hi Rohit,
Thanks for sharing your experience. Is your visa approved based on the LOE. Also there is no such URL exists for Kolkata PF. By any chance do you know any other link which generic for all employee in india.

Thanks in advance
The same details is available on follow site: www.epfindia.com
Under Miscellaneous>Downloads>Employees' Provident Funds Scheme,1952

The same clause is mentioned in pages 74-75

Sim23Can

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-09-2017
Hi, I have been there 10 days back and got the certificate. If you need any help please let me know.
Hi gps_94,
There are two PF offices in Pune. one at Akurdi and other Near Golibar Maidan, Camp. Which office did you visit to obtain the certificate? can we go to any of these? Do they provide the certificate on the same day?