+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem with my NZ police certificate?

Solius89

Oct 4, 2017
Hi!

Hopefully this is the right forum. Apologies if not.

I'm from the UK and am currently in the process of applying for a work permit through the IEC. I submitted all my documents and everything has come back fine with the exception of my New Zealand police check. The body of the email is as so:

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence.

The following documents are required to continue processing your application: > Police Certificate: Police Certificate issued by the Ministry of Justice of New Zealand. Please note a “Consent to Disclosure of Information (NZ)” Form is NOT ACCEPTABLE. For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply. For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country. For more information please visit the following website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/new-zealand.asp
Now when I originally looked at what documents I needed, it told me I needed to fill out a Consent to Discloure of Information form and that the CIC Office processing my application would work with the appropriate authorities to obtain the required Criminal History Report on my behalf.

So I click on the link they give me in this letter and I have two options (Non resident living in NZ and non resident living outside of NZ). At the time of submission I was living in NZ, however now I am back in the UK. However both options still link me to the same disclosure form that they are telling me isn't acceptable!

I have until the 21st October to submit what they want but I can't work out what it is they want?

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks!

akshaym

Sep 16, 2017
Hi!

I'm from the UK and am currently in the process of applying for a work permit through the IEC. I submitted all my documents and everything has come back fine with the exception of my New Zealand police check. The body of the email is as so:

Now when I originally looked at what documents I needed, it told me I needed to fill out a Consent to Discloure of Information form and that the CIC Office processing my application would work with the appropriate authorities to obtain the required Criminal History Report on my behalf.

So I click on the link they give me in this letter and I have two options (Non resident living in NZ and non resident living outside of NZ). At the time of submission I was living in NZ, however now I am back in the UK. However both options still link me to the same disclosure form that they are telling me isn't acceptable!

I have until the 21st October to submit what they want but I can't work out what it is they want?

Thanks!
Did you update the new address at which you are staying? Cic says that as soon as there is a change in your application details you should update it with CIC using a webform.

Solius89

Oct 4, 2017
Did you update the new address at which you are staying? Cic says that as soon as there is a change in your application details you should update it with CIC using a webform.
Not yet but I'm only back in the UK for a few more weeks, and besides, as far as they know I'm still in New Zealand. That isn't what they're questioning on the form though.

blackbear88

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!

Thanks!
Hi there!

Exact same problem, I upload my consent to disclosure form as I live in NZ as a non-resident. I just received an email from CIC asking me to request my criminal convictions history from NZ ministry of justice. I think the requirements changed very recently and unfortunately we are affected by it...

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
The only positives I guess are that NZ check is free and the 20 working day turnaround is generally always met, plus is if I recall an email document.

I guess if someone has a deadline then they apply and send application proof to IRCC to meet any deadline date as NZ acknowledge applications, so then IRCC I assume hold an application pending receipt. Unfortunately IRCC seem to change basic requirements quite often, possibly in this case guessing influenced by some resource issue deferring to an applicant to sort out.

Would be useful to know how the OP resolved this.

Last edited:

Sachinkumar

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Can anyone suggest whether I need to authenticated or not?
The only positives I guess are that NZ check is free and the 20 working day turnaround is generally always met, plus is if I recall an email document.

I guess if someone has a deadline then they apply and send application proof to IRCC to meet any deadline date as NZ acknowledge applications, so then IRCC I assume hold an application pending receipt. Unfortunately IRCC seem to change basic requirements quite often, possibly in this case guessing influenced by some resource issue deferring to an applicant to sort out.

Sachinkumar

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017

Do I need to get NZ PCC authenticated?

Chief long

Jan 31, 2018
Hello Solius89

I have recieved the same letter back after submitting my nz police certificate. I also am not sure what to do i was wanting to know if you managed to resolve the issue???

Thanks

Jack

Solius89

Oct 4, 2017
Hello Solius89

I have recieved the same letter back after submitting my nz police certificate. I also am not sure what to do i was wanting to know if you managed to resolve the issue???

Thanks

Jack
Hey,

Yeah I resolved it. It wasn’t a consent to disclosure form they were after. If you scroll right down to the bottom of that page you’ll see they actually want a certificate from the ministry of justice.

https://www.justice.govt.nz/criminal-records/

You basically find their email on there and send them an email with your full name in the email title.

Chief long

Jan 31, 2018
Hey.

Thanks for your reply.

I think I have already done that I sent them a copy of my NZ criminal records check and they sent me back the same email that you received.

Did you send them NZ police clearance and vetting of the link you have sent me ???

Thanks

Solius89

Oct 4, 2017
Hey.

Thanks for your reply.

I think I have already done that I sent them a copy of my NZ criminal records check and they sent me back the same email that you received.

Did you send them NZ police clearance and vetting of the link you have sent me ???

Thanks
Oh strange. I’m not really sure what they’re asking for then. Are you able to copy and paste what they’re asking for in the letter? I sent a consent to disclosure form and when they rejected that I sent a web form asking what exactly it was they wanted and they just sent back the same letter but bolded ‘criminal records check from the ministry of justice’ and then I realised. I sent the email, (you get no reply from them) and then about 20 working days later it was emailed to me.

Chief long

Jan 31, 2018
No worries thanks for your information though. I will try and get more information from them. I spoke to the head of the NZ ministry of justice and he said that the record check I have is the most official thing I can get and that he has done many before me for the same visa so I have either sent the wrong thing in or they have it wrong ??? I can't seem to find any thing else on line apart from this thread. Once again thank you very much and I hope you have a nice time in Canada.

Jack

mellisa

May 23, 2018

Sachinkumar

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Hi,

I had the same issue. Do we need to authenticate NZ PCC? Or can I just forward the mail (hard copy) I received from NZ Justice Office? I've already sent them the electronic copy but I am assuming they always need the original document.

Here's the link that says we need to Authenticate documents when using them overseas:
https://www.govt.nz/browse/nz-passports-and-citizenship/proving-and-protecting-your-identity/use-your-nz-documents-overseas/#what-you-need-to-know
You just have to forward the report you got from NZ authority.

ankit_mba

Oct 8, 2018
Hi,

Need help !

I have applied for my criminal conviction history check from New Zealand to complete my Canada PR documentation. Tomorrow is the 20th working day from the date I applied, but I haven't got any reply from them. Do they generally send this form within 20 working days as stated on their website or there is always a delay? What can I do to avoid further delay?