App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Doc's Request.
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
Hi, so my RAMQ health card will expire end of next Month, as well as my babies' health insurance. I am told that my health insurance cannot be renewed if I dont have CSQ, which I don't have. So my babies will be out of medical care as well.

Is there any private insurance can replace the provincial medical card for doc visits, vaccination....etc?

Steevy

May 31, 2014
Vancouver
There is a private plan that will cover the costs for a medical emergency treatment while you and your babies are in Canada or on a side-trip to another country, provided that the majority of time spent in Canada. Such plan has a coverage benefit for some Vaccination and one physical and one eye examination per year. That will probably be the best shot you can get, as you are not eligible for a provincial insurance coverage.

You can speak with an insurance advisor regarding this plan by clicking HERE.

Since you and your kids will no longer be covered under a provincial health insurance plan i.e. RAMQ, you will not be able to find any comparable private coverage that will take care of the expenses for non-emergency medical assistance such as numerous check ups, pediatrician visits, etc.

Last edited:

CEC2013RAY

Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Doc's Request.
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
Steevy said:
There is a private plan that will cover the costs for a medical emergency treatment while you and your babies are in Canada or on a side-trip to another country, provided that the majority of time spent in Canada. Such plan has a coverage benefit for some Vaccination and one physical and one eye examination per year. That will probably be the best shot you can get, as you are not eligible for a provincial insurance coverage.

You can speak with an insurance advisor regarding this plan by clicking <a href=https://arbetovinsurance.com/>HERE</a>.

Since you and your kids will no longer be covered under a provincial health insurance plan i.e. RAMQ, you will not be able to find any comparable private coverage that will take care of the expenses for non-emergency medical assistance such as numerous check ups, pediatrician visits, etc.
Thanks Steevy. I also found that OHIP could cover babies who are Canadian citizens even parents are not eligible for health insurance. The requirement is to have the physical presence of 153 days in Ontario. Do you know about this?

Once again, thank you for the information. I really appreciated.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
CEC2013RAY said:
Thanks Steevy. I also found that OHIP could cover babies who are Canadian citizens even parents are not eligible for health insurance. The requirement is to have the physical presence of 153 days in Ontario. Do you know about this?

Once again, thank you for the information. I really appreciated.
Remember that to qualify for OHIP you will need to move to Ontario.

But yes the baby would be covered under OHIP as long as the parents satisfy the residency requirement (and even if the parents themselves don't qualify for OHIP).
See here for details: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/ohip/eligibility_2.aspx
Even if you are not eligible for the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP), but you live in Ontario, your newborn or child may be eligible if they were born in Canada and are Canadian citizens. For Ontario born children to be eligible for OHIP, the parent(s) must show that they make Ontario their primary place of residence.

Petermiyuki

Feb 2, 2013
Hi. Obtaining OHIP is the best for you and your baby.

Basically, private insurance for visitors are mostly for medical emergencies.
However, there are some plans that cover non-emergency (such as physical check ups and eye exams) on top of medical emergencies.
To name a few, TIC-impatriate and Cigna.
http://www.biis.ca/visitors-to-canada-insurance/inpatrates_tic.php
http://www.biis.ca/global-expatriate-insurance/cigna.php

Please note many conditions apply to Non-emergencies benefits(e.g. limited to one doctor visit every 12 month) You can reach more details:contact infor@biis.ca

Cheers!