Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
While Conservatives are very quick to talk about how unpopular Justin Trudeau is and how he has kept none of his promises, I happen to like him a great deal, as do all the liberals (e.g., NDP, Liberals, Greens) I know. This much ballyhooed disappointment of Trudeau is, in my opinion, mostly wishful thinking by the conservative press. He's doing a great job in a difficult world and I'm proud to have him as our P.M.
Many of his most vocal critics are folks on the far left. From his support for Keystone XL, to the oil industry in Alberta to his backtracking on electoral reform, the progressives have been after him tooth and nail. While I voted Liberal, it was in spite of Trudeau. I always felt Mulclair would have made a better PM.

(For the record, I think quite highly of both Chinggis Khan and Attila the Hun, as political leaders go. I am simply recognizing their negative, and largely undeserved, reputations in the West.)
It is not just the west that have negative perceptions of Khan. Many in south asia and middle-east have very negative views of Khan. Ever ask a Persian what they think of Khan?

Natan

May 22, 2015
Many of his most vocal critics are folks on the far left. From his support for Keystone XL, to the oil industry in Alberta to his backtracking on electoral reform, the progressives have been after him tooth and nail. While I voted Liberal, it was in spite of Trudeau. I always felt Mulclair would have made a better PM.
I really liked Mulcair too -- I preferred him to Trudeau during the election. I've been pleased with Trudeau -- not that I approve of all of his decisions (like some of the ones you mentioned), but I think "overall", he's doing a good job.

It is not just the west that have negative perceptions of Khan. Many in south asia and middle-east have very negative views of Khan. Ever ask a Persian what they think of Khan?
I rather tend to think of Asia Minor, North Africa, the Middle East, Persia and the Caucasian Mountains as part of the "The West". South Asia rather bridges the Eastern and Western worlds, in my opinion -- South Asia having contributed so much to both East and West.

Chengiss was no prince of kindness -- he was ruthless and cruel. But his reputation in the West is a little over the top. (Of course, his conquest of the Khorasan Empire was particularly ruthless and cruel, giving rise to Persian historical memories on the subject.)

Last edited: