+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre-Arrival - So many doubts and confusions!

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
I will be moving to Canada next year. Haven't yet decided the month but most probably it will be April/May. And like every new immigrant, I am full of doubts and confusions about the Canadian customs laws, border immigration laws and what not.

The thing is, there is so much information given in the IRCC website on this very topic that it is quite overwhelming and somewhat difficult to digest, at-least to me. There is 140+ pages of "Welcome to Canada" handbook, which in turn includes tons of documents and other information that one needs to take care of.
Then there are pre-arrival and settlement services which again one needs to look into.

Can anyone please give some good pointers on how to start preparing for the immigration?
Just brief and precise info and nothing bulky.

Things like:

1. What documents are THE MUST to carry and what are optional?
2. It is mentioned that details of vaccination and dental records are needed. Not sure if these items are MUST as we already had our medical reports done during PR process.
3. If the above medical details are needed, as an Indian, where might I go to get them?
4. What items, electronics/digital, are allowed during travel and what items are bound to be confiscated at the border?
5. What items are needed to be mentioned in the list of items one carrying along? Are clothes and other health products need to be written as well?
6. MOST IMPORTANTLY, are pre-arrival services any good? If yes, please suggest which one is most helpful in settling the fresh immigrants in terms of finding economical place to live and job hunting etc.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
I will be moving to Canada next year. Haven't yet decided the month but most probably it will be April/May. And like every new immigrant, I am full of doubts and confusions about the Canadian customs laws, border immigration laws and what not.

The thing is, there is so much information given in the IRCC website on this very topic that it is quite overwhelming and somewhat difficult to digest, at-least to me. There is 140+ pages of "Welcome to Canada" handbook, which in turn includes tons of documents and other information that one needs to take care of.
Then there are pre-arrival and settlement services which again one needs to look into.

Can anyone please give some good pointers on how to start preparing for the immigration?
Just brief and precise info and nothing bulky.

Things like:

1. What documents are THE MUST to carry and what are optional?
2. It is mentioned that details of vaccination and dental records are needed. Not sure if these items are MUST as we already had our medical reports done during PR process.
3. If the above medical details are needed, as an Indian, where might I go to get them?
4. What items, electronics/digital, are allowed during travel and what items are bound to be confiscated at the border?
5. What items are needed to be mentioned in the list of items one carrying along? Are clothes and other health products need to be written as well?
6. MOST IMPORTANTLY, are pre-arrival services any good? If yes, please suggest which one is most helpful in settling the fresh immigrants in terms of finding economical place to live and job hunting etc.

Thank you in advance!
Well, i cant answer all of your questions but you may check this forum if you are going to landed in Toronto
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/my-landing-experience-at-toronto-yyz.521397/#post-6419848

Note: alot of people of east Indian in Canada so you might feel Canada as 2nd home

Welcome to Canada (next year :) )