VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks.
Any suggestions do you have for me?
Your options have already been explained. You can come to Canada and hope that you are not reported upon entry. You really don't have H&C grounds, as it was your personal choice to get pregnant and remain in the US to have the child, so if you are reported, you can expect to lose your PR status. You will then be required to leave Canada.

If you aren't reported, you can live in Canada for 2 straight years to once again meet the Residency Obligation. At that point, you can sponsor your child.

karthicktalk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
If you are reported and loose your appeal you will be required to leave Canada. You will no longer have permanent residence and you won't be eligible for a work permit. You would need to reapply from the start for your PR.
If you are reported they will provide you a copy of the report and instructions on how to appeal. They won't decide at the boarder. It can take several years for the final decision of an appeal.
Can i exit canada and enter again while in the appeal waiting period? My immigration status would be still PR, right till the decision comes ?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Can i exit canada and enter again while in the appeal waiting period? My immigration status would be still PR, right till the decision comes ?
Yes if reported and you decide to appeal, you will get a 1 year temporary PR card while waiting for appeal date so you can travel outside Canada during this time if you want. Since you don't really have a H&C grounds to keep PR, assuming appeal is eventually lost you would then need to immediately quit any job you're in and leave Canada.

If you aren't reported, then you need to stay in Canada 2 straight years and can't leave for any reason, if you wanted to come back into compliance with the RO and renew PR card/sponsor child.

karthicktalk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Yes if reported and you decide to appeal, you will get a 1 year temporary PR card while waiting for appeal date so you can travel outside Canada during this time if you want. Since you don't really have a H&C grounds to keep PR, assuming appeal is eventually lost you would then need to immediately quit any job you're in and leave Canada.

If you aren't reported, then you need to stay in Canada 2 straight years and can't leave for any reason, if you wanted to come back into compliance with the RO and renew PR card/sponsor child.
Thank you for your replies, say i travel after 1 year, if i come back, how will that be handled, if still waiting for appeal decision.

Is it okay to get work permit after i lose my PR, instead of leaving the country, stay there legally and then apply PR newly?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Thank you for your replies, say i travel after 1 year, if i come back, how will that be handled, if still waiting for appeal decision.

Is it okay to get work permit after i lose my PR, instead of leaving the country, stay there legally and then apply PR newly?
You can continue to get 1 year PR cards until your appeal date.

How would you get a work permit if you lose PR? You would need to find a company willing to go through LMIA process to get you a closed work permit, which can be very difficult to do. But if you can qualify again, you can apply for PR again from scratch.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
While you can certainly leave Canada once you appeal, it's not a particularly good idea to do it for extended period or multiple times while you are being reviewed for RO. It shows you have little intent to settle in Canada.

You have made some choices that are going to be difficult to overcome. You can't have everything (PR, work permit, etc) and expect to remain here. If you are reported and loose your appeal, you will have to leave Canada within 30 days. If you want to continue working here you will have to apply through one of the streams available to every other non resident from outside Canada and take your chances. It was your choice not to fulfill the RO, and these are the consequences.