PR renewal

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
#1Wednesday at 9:38 PM
i applied for PR renewal in beginning of August. So far I haven't received anything not even AOR. Is it normal? Anyone has any idea on how much time it takes to receive AOR for PR renewal ? Thanks

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
#1Wednesday at 9:38 PM
i applied for PR renewal in beginning of August. So far I haven't received anything not even AOR. Is it normal? Anyone has any idea on how much time it takes to receive AOR for PR renewal ? Thanks
About 45 days. Card gets mailed out in like 50 days if no secondary review

NevPen

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
I just received an email from CIC, they give you a Unique Client Identifier (UCI) to track your application. It seems the average waiting time now is 2 months (it used to be 30 days before). Do you guys know what happens if my old PR card expires and I haven't received the new one yet? Am I in trouble? Do I have to leave the country or I just keep waiting? Thank in advance.

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Do you guys know what happens if my old PR card expires and I haven't received the new one yet? Am I in trouble? Do I have to leave the country or I just keep waiting? Thank in advance.
Nothing happens.

You only need to have the card if you're flying into Canada. Other than that, whilst it can indicate PR status, and thus be helpful for things like exchanging a driver licence, or registering as a domestic student, holding a valid PR card doesn't make you a PR (you could have lost the status), and you don't need to hold a PR card to be a PR (they're Federally issued photo-ID, but there's no requirement to hold one, either physically or metaphysically).

NevPen

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Nothing happens.

You only need to have the card if you're flying into Canada. Other than that, whilst it can indicate PR status, and thus be helpful for things like exchanging a driver licence, or registering as a domestic student, holding a valid PR card doesn't make you a PR (you could have lost the status), and you don't need to hold a PR card to be a PR (they're Federally issued photo-ID, but there's no requirement to hold one, either physically or metaphysically).
Thank you @spousalsponsee! I received a confirmation from CIC that they received my application August 29th and started processing it September 29th. I checked online and the current processing times are around 2 months. Does it count 2 months from the time they received the application (August 29th in my case) or 2 months from the time they start processing it? Thanks much!

Y16v

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Can I ask if we have to provide again police clearance from Canada or they need police clearance from our country

NevPen

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Can I ask if we have to provide again police clearance from Canada or they need police clearance from our country
You don't have to provide police clearance for PR renewal. CIC can access your police records in Canada.

Platoplato

Jul 11, 2014
hello, all. i mailed my pr renewal package 12th of sep, can i expecting the email from cic around 12th of this month?
i am flying back to hometown needing pr card before feburary. so anxious :(

German89

Jul 17, 2017
I applied 14-07-2023 for renewal.
October 18 it said final decision
I called IRCC and it says they sent it to be printed . On Facebook groups i see ppl receive cards like a week after this update but the agent told me my card was not even sent yet.

what can i expect? Many ppl received it within 2-3 weeks after but the agent said he could not tell.

i have to travel end of November, i can’t even

Nov 26, 2023
My status foe renew PR is always decision made since 6 weeks without any change. Till now I didn't get my new PR although during application I applied for my wife and my self in the same Letter. My wife received her PR since 45 days but me not. If this s normal?

Nov 26, 2023
My status for renew PR is always decision made since 6 weeks without any change. Till now I didn't get my new PR although during application I applied for my wife and my self in the same Letter. My wife received her PR since 45 days but me not. If this s normal?