+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal

drbhai53

Aug 7, 2017
I landed in Canada on 26th March 2013. Received the PR card after 3 month from arrival and My PR card showing expiry date on 15th May 2018.I had fulfilled the require stay in Canada of 790 days in July 2017 now i am planning to renew my PR card after 18th august 2017 , till haven't made seat reservations yet.I want to know how early I can apply for PR renewal ? Can I do it in this month which around 9 months before its expiration date .The card expires on the 15th May 2018.
I know I still have time what I am interested in asking is how soon can you apply for PR renewal.On the CIC website they say it can be applied if you still have 270 days left for card to expire. My question is Can I apply for renewal and how long processing time they will take for renewal if all condition satisfy as per requirement and more ever i want to go to my home country India in September 2017,my second question if i am not renewing PR and PR showing expiry date of 15th May 2017 can i come back to Canada before the few days of expiry date 15th May 2017 and can apply for renewal,pl guide me

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Current processing time quoted for a renewal is 63 days so applying mid August for September travel would not work anyway http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/information/times/index.asp

To answer the second question as long as your PR card is still valid you can board a plane to return without any issue although might be wise to not leave to the last moment in case of any travel delays. As a PR you are entitled to enter the country anyway regardless just boarding a plane with an expired card would be a problem and also more focus possibly arriving with an expired card

Reactions: drbhai53

ayien05

Star Member
Feb 19, 2017
LONDON ONTARIO CANADA
Current processing time quoted for a renewal is 63 days so applying mid August for September travel would not work anyway http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/information/times/index.asp

To answer the second question as long as your PR card is still valid you can board a plane to return without any issue although might be wise to not leave to the last moment in case of any travel delays. As a PR you are entitled to enter the country anyway regardless just boarding a plane with an expired card would be a problem and also more focus possibly arriving with an expired card
Hello guys, I sent my app. Last june26 and received it june29 . But I havent heard any from cic. I am supposed to received a letter or email that they got my app and its on process? Thank u all

drbhai53

Aug 7, 2017

Thanks very much your guidence

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I landed in Canada on 26th March 2013. Received the PR card after 3 month from arrival and My PR card showing expiry date on 15th May 2018.I had fulfilled the require stay in Canada of 790 days in July 2017 now i am planning to renew my PR card after 18th august 2017 , till haven't made seat reservations yet.I want to know how early I can apply for PR renewal ? Can I do it in this month which around 9 months before its expiration date .The card expires on the 15th May 2018.
I know I still have time what I am interested in asking is how soon can you apply for PR renewal.On the CIC website they say it can be applied if you still have 270 days left for card to expire. My question is Can I apply for renewal and how long processing time they will take for renewal if all condition satisfy as per requirement and more ever i want to go to my home country India in September 2017,my second question if i am not renewing PR and PR showing expiry date of 15th May 2017 can i come back to Canada before the few days of expiry date 15th May 2017 and can apply for renewal,pl guide me
Hello I am on the same boat as yours. However the dates you mention seems to contradict.

You have mentioned both 15 May 2017 and 15 May 2018. Which is correct? I assume its 2018 considering 5 years validity of the PR card.

If its 2018 why are you worried about travelling in September 2017?

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Just as an FYI, here's my result so far...

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 23, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 31, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on August 1, 2017.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on August 9, 2017.
Hoping CanadaPost isn't too slow...

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
My PR Card was renewed and despatched on 30th June from Sydney , I have NOT received the same till date 13th August 2017

Now I am applying for a Duplicate card as one has to WAIT for SIX weeks before applying for a Duplicate Card.

drbhai53

Aug 7, 2017
I had apply for PR renewal on 22nd August 2017 still I had not receive any information ,My question is what is appropriate time of AOR after applying for PR renewal

khawar27

Apr 4, 2017
Hi Guys!
Hope you are all doing good. I applied for my PR Card Renewal in June 2017. The application timeline is as follows:

Permanent Resident Card Renewal Application:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 19, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 15, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on August 15, 2017.

The current PRC processing time for Renewing or replacing a PR card is 63 days
IRCC is working on applications received on July 13, 2017.
Last update: September 8, 2017

It has now been longer than 63 days and the status does not show any additional comments or reason for delay in process.
I don't know what is going on. Could anyone please enlighten me with any known reason or guess please?

Regards,
Khawar

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys!
Hope you are all doing good. I applied for my PR Card Renewal in June 2017. The application timeline is as follows:

Permanent Resident Card Renewal Application:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 19, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 15, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on August 15, 2017.

The current PRC processing time for Renewing or replacing a PR card is 63 days
IRCC is working on applications received on July 13, 2017.
Last update: September 8, 2017

It has now been longer than 63 days and the status does not show any additional comments or reason for delay in process.
I don't know what is going on. Could anyone please enlighten me with any known reason or guess please?

Regards,
Khawar
My guess is it's still in process. If you don't receive secondary review like my mom, then you should get the card in 2 months time.

My mom sent her renewal July 9 th, and got secondary review on August 22nd. We sent the documents September 14th and likely will be waiting for another half a year until

afiasco

Oct 10, 2017

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 31, 2017.
Hey!

So did you receive it? How long did it take to get to you from Sydney? Was it fairly fast. Mine was mailed out on October 5th, and I have an oversees flight on the 16th!!!!! And it was thanksgiving weekend. Very tight!

khawar27

Apr 4, 2017
Hi Guys!
Thanks for your comments. I received a letter on 14 Sep to pick up my new PR Card on 28 Sep. I did and thanks God that I am now good for another 5 years.
I wish everyone good luck in their endeavours.
Best Regards to everyone who wished

khawar27

Apr 4, 2017
Hi Guys!
Thanks for your comments. I received a letter on 14 Sep to pick up my new PR Card on 28 Sep. I did and thanks God that I am now good for another 5 years. I wish everyone good luck in their endeavours.

Best Regards to everyone,
Khawar

rickyhanzhang

Star Member
May 13, 2017

may I ask where can we check this status? in the CIC account?