+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Landing denied on Border, Help Needed !!

gablushablu

Oct 23, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for reading my post and I would appreciate your responses in this regard.

I recently got my FSW visa stamped on my passport, and attempted to land in Ontario, after applying for FSW visa my company temporarily transferred me to Quebec, and for getting quebec car insurance i got a Montreal license. I knew i have to do the landing outside Quebec, that's why i went to an Ontario-USA border, at the border I was allowed to enter Canada but i wasn't allowed to land as PR. The officer was adamant that i need to have an address proof of Ontario to land because i am already in Canada. He asked me for my driver's license which was a Quebec license, after seeing Quebec license, he straight away denied me landing and asked me to get some proof that I will move to Ontario. My PR visa is valid only for 4 months (because passport validity is 4 months), and I still have a 4 months contract in Quebec. So, my question is what should i do in this case? I am planing to move to Toronto for sure, but I can't break my contract, since i will loose a lot of money in project completion bonus.

1. Can i show them a rental lease in Ontario as a proof that i will eventually move?
2. What if I dont actually live at that address or go back to Montreal after landing?
3. Can i just exchange my drivers license to Ontario address (to a friends address) and tell them that now i live in Ontario?
4. Any other suggestions?

I will really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

jorbe

Dec 13, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2010
Doc's Request.
July 14, 2010
AOR Received.
April 20, 2010 NDVO 2nd AOR: Dec 17, 2010
File Transfer...
Dec 17, 2010 In Process......: March 21, 2012
Med's Request
March 02,2013
Med's Done....
March 12,2013
Passport Req..
March 02,2013 Docs Reached.: March 21,2013 DD Encashed..: April 03,2013 Med Received.: June 08,2013 CSQ .: Nov 15,2013 Decision Made.:Dec 09,2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 07, 2013 Visa Validity....: March 18,2014
LANDED..........
Mar 08, 2014
gablushablu said:
Hi,

Thanks for reading my post and I would appreciate your responses in this regard.

I recently got my FSW visa stamped on my passport, and attempted to land in Ontario, after applying for FSW visa my company temporarily transferred me to Quebec, and for getting quebec car insurance i got a Montreal license. I knew i have to do the landing outside Quebec, that's why i went to an Ontario-USA border, at the border I was allowed to enter Canada but i wasn't allowed to land as PR. The officer was adamant that i need to have an address proof of Ontario to land because i am already in Canada. He asked me for my driver's license which was a Quebec license, after seeing Quebec license, he straight away denied me landing and asked me to get some proof that I will move to Ontario. My PR visa is valid only for 4 months (because passport validity is 4 months), and I still have a 4 months contract in Quebec. So, my question is what should i do in this case? I am planing to move to Toronto for sure, but I can't break my contract, since i will loose a lot of money in project completion bonus.

1. Can i show them a rental lease in Ontario as a proof that i will eventually move?
2. What if I dont actually live at that address or go back to Montreal after landing?
3. Can i just exchange my drivers license to Ontario address (to a friends address) and tell them that now i live in Ontario?

Thanks
You should have given your friend's address straight away. If asked, you could tell him that you will now stay at this address until you find any accommodation of your own.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gablushablu said:
1 and 3 are good proof to show that you are residing in Ontario.
It does not matter that you live at that address or not.

gablushablu

Oct 23, 2013
jorbe said:
You should have given your friend's address straight away. If asked, you could tell him that you will now stay at this address until you find any accommodation of your own.
I actually gave him my friends address first, but he asked for an address proof. I told him I dont have an address proof yet in Ontario. He said you are already in Canada, do you have a Drivers License and i showed my Montreal license

Kspall

Sep 21, 2017
Hi,

Thanks
Hi Bro

I am going through a same situation pretty much, they have asked me to provide more docs to prove that I'll be going back to the province I applied from. What happened with you after providing lease or other proofs ? Did they let you land ??
Please reply n advise

Thanks