+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card & Travel Document

stanadyne114

Aug 10, 2015
Hi there;

I received my PR Card today and my Travel Document is expiring end of September 2017. However I read on this forum that after getting my PR Card I will be getting a Certificate of Idemtity and not Travel Document. I spoke to Customer service agent at Passport Canada and they said that I will most likely be getting a Certificate of Identity. I am honestly confused please if someone can share their experience or tips to clarify this issue for me. I am a protected person inside CANADA and just got my PR Card today in the mail and on My PR Card it says XXA as nationality . Thank you in advance for your answers.

stanadyne114

Aug 10, 2015
Hi there;

I received my PR Card today and my Travel Document is expiring end of September 2017. However I read on this forum that after getting my PR Card I will be getting a Certificate of Idemtity and not Travel Document. I spoke to Customer service agent at Passport Canada and they said that I will most likely be getting a Certificate of Identity. I am honestly confused please if someone can share their experience or tips to clarify this issue for me. I am a protected person inside CANADA and just got my PR Card today in the mail and on My PR Card it says XXA as nationality . Thank you in advance for your answers.

Anyone please

Zaloot

Jul 12, 2017
Hi, I have no any answer for your question but I can I ask you about how long time to get the PR ? when you applied and when you got it ?

stanadyne114

Aug 10, 2015
Hi, I have no any answer for your question but I can I ask you about how long time to get the PR ? when you applied and when you got it ?
I applied in September 2011 and got my PR Card in July 2017. It took that long becoz I had misrepresented about a geographical Location.

stanadyne114

Aug 10, 2015
Hi there;

stanadyne114

Aug 10, 2015
Finally I did apply for a Travel Document and it was approved and they issued a Travel Document and not Certificate of Identity as explained by 3 Passport CANADA customer care agents and it took 21 business days to process them & 3 days for mailing. The validity of the document will be for 2 years without PR Card and for 5 years with PR Card. I hope this info would help.

supergir11

Feb 21, 2017
Finally I did apply for a Travel Document and it was approved and they issued a Travel Document and not Certificate of Identity as explained by 3 Passport CANADA customer care agents and it took 21 business days to process them & 3 days for mailing. The validity of the document will be for 2 years without PR Card and for 5 years with PR Card. I hope this info would help.
when you sent your application, did you send both your PR card and notice of decision? I am confused how they determine if they would give you a travel document or certificate of identity.

stanadyne114

Aug 10, 2015
You can send your PR Card only When you have Permanent Tesidence status in Canada. Certificate of Identity Section in Gatineau will issue you a Travel Document when you have a Permanent Residence Status under Protected Person Category.

enackstecy

Aug 23, 2021
Does having the nationality as 'xxa' affect you in any way. I recently applied to replace my pr card and the first one I had, had my nationality on it, the replaced one I just received, has my nationality listed as 'xxa'