PR Card Renewal Online Status

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have submitted my PR Card for renewal and the application was received by Sydney Office on September 23, 2013. I do not see any status update online (that is, cannot track it online using ECas). Is there anyone here who has applied in September/October around my time and are able to view the status online. I do not know what the hang up is or is it too early to be able to see the status online. Your feedback is appreciated. Please post your timelines for PR Card renewal. Thanks,

wahwah

Jun 30, 2011
Hi Sept,

Reading from this forum, I hear various applicants posting the date their applications were delivered/received by CIC. In your case -23 Sep - do you mean it was the date delivery was confirmed by courier service OR CIC indicated it.

Im just curious and waiting too. I couriered a master pack of 3 applications (inside was 3 separately packed applications - one marked URGENT) 17 days ago with confirmed delivery, yet our status unavailable online. Im not looking for processing update but some form of confirmation that CIC received the applications.

I understand processing takes time as Online indicating CIC is now processing applications received up to 23 Sep - does it mean our online status will only to be shown when CIC starts to process applications received in Nov/Dec.

Anyone knows please advise too. Thanks to all!

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wahwah said:
Hi Sept,

Reading from this forum, I hear various applicants posting the date their applications were delivered/received by CIC. In your case -23 Sep - do you mean it was the date delivery was confirmed by courier service OR CIC indicated it.

Im just curious and waiting too. I couriered a master pack of 3 applications (inside was 3 separately packed applications - one marked URGENT) 17 days ago with confirmed delivery, yet our status unavailable online. Im not looking for processing update but some form of confirmation that CIC received the applications.

I understand processing takes time as Online indicating CIC is now processing applications received up to 23 Sep - does it mean our online status will only to be shown when CIC starts to process applications received in Nov/Dec.

Anyone knows please advise too. Thanks to all!
Hey wahwah,

September 23 is the date when the package was delivered by Canada Post - NOT confirmed by CIC.
I do not know when to expect Ecas update but I know for sure that they will update ECas only when they start processing the application and NOT when they open the package - probably 1.5 - 2 months after they receive it.

wahwah

Jun 30, 2011
Thks Sept,

Hopefully you get to see your status soon. Keep us updated.

The earliest we will hear from CIC is 2-3 months later based on processing schedule. Im no longer hopeful that the urgent processing request for one of my applications would be done in time. I shudder to think 2-3 months later when they come to processing Nov/ Dec applications they don't have our applications or they have been misplaced. This would mean another 3-4 months time lost at least! Ideally, an earlier acknowledgement would be assuring despite having delivery confirmation at our end.

Best wishes!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC only loads up a complete application on ecas and the only way they know its complete is when they open it up. Its logical to only load complete applications to do anything else would be meaningless and a waste of say database space. There is a backlog to open applications which sit in the CIC mail room until the 'now working on application' received on date X shows up on their website. If your courier/ registered mail shows as delivered at Sidney then you've done your part and like all applicants with CIC just have to wait your turn for processing.

The wait is not normally an issue for a standard PR Card renewal where the applicant not only meets the Residence Obligation but has a buffer of days well beyond the processing time line and is applying up to the allowable 6 months in advance. Those without a PR Card due to whatever reason but primarily due to sitting out the 730 days to avoid a breach are the applicants who stress out but then again CIC offer an 'urgent' processing route if you justifiably can't wait for the regular timelines.

peoples_champ

Star Member
Jan 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for PR Card renewal in early Nov. CIC received the application on Nov 15 (Canada Post delivered). Since then I still haven't heard anything from CIC.
I am not familiar with the process. Will I receive an acknowledgement email from CIC with the case number or is there any other way to find out about the status of the application?
Thanks.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
peoples_champ said:
I applied for PR Card renewal in early Nov. CIC received the application on Nov 15 (Canada Post delivered). Since then I still haven't heard anything from CIC.
I am not familiar with the process. Will I receive an acknowledgement email from CIC with the case number or is there any other way to find out about the status of the application?
Thanks.
Good day peoples:
No, CIC will not send you any acknowledgement for PR card renewal. However, you may check the status online through ECas (probably two months after they have received it), which in your case will be January 15 or even by the end of January.

Just to give you some insites: My application for PR card renewal was received by Nov 29, CIC started processing it December 20 and I received the card second week of February - all in 2012. I do not recall when I was able to see the status online but I think it was mid January.

Good luck.

wahwah

Jun 30, 2011
Hi, I would like to provide some update for the benefit of others.

Last night (Wed 27 Nov) after 7pm, two ( not urgent) of my three applications were updated online.

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 18, 2013.
2. We started processing your application on November 22, 2013.

Based on the info posted online our status were posted 14 days from the date the courier was delivered. (Up post I made a typo mentioning 17 days ago).

However, the 3rd one which was marked URGENT disappointingly got no breakthrough and the online message was:

"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided."

For the earlier two that are now in process I was able to log in using the Client ID/UCI (xxxx-xxxx). It is 8 digits BUT it doesn't matter whether one inputs a hypen in between - both works. However, using Receipt or Application No, it doesn't work for us.

Another thing I deduced is that in the Process Times online page it says "this info is UPDATED WEEKLY....." I thot I saw it somewhere or in the same page previously that the weekly update is on Tuesdays...which makes sense since my status was shown yesterday(Wed) night. Thot this maybe helpful for those checking daily....

Finally going forward, it seems processing times for some would be further delayed as the website also mentioned CIC prioritising applications for Filipinos affected by the Typhoon Haiyan.

Many Thanks!

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept15 said:
I have submitted my PR Card for renewal and the application was received by Sydney Office on September 23, 2013. I do not see any status update online (that is, cannot track it online using ECas). Is there anyone here who has applied in September/October around my time and are able to view the status online. I do not know what the hang up is or is it too early to be able to see the status online. Your feedback is appreciated. Please post your timelines for PR Card renewal. Thanks,
I have also applied on 9th September 2013, and after a weeks i have checked ecas status online,
We have received your application on 9th September 2013
We have started processing your application on 27th October 2013
after that there is no updates as it pass 1 month over,
please share your time line if you have got any updates in your application as you also applied on September-2013

wahwah

Jun 30, 2011
Hi p_c, here's the link to check your application status.

Every case is unique so the timelines shared by posters here are just guidelines.

For faster processing look up " URGENT PROCESSING" and follow instructions.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Citizenship: I have applied for my citizenship grant, on September-2012, and they started processing my application, on Feb-2013 and no wonder i have received an RQ on Apri-2013 before the citizenship test.
i have called CIC-call center today and the agent advised me your citizenship file is in mississauga office, and RQ file is at St.claire for a further review.

PR Renewal: i have a applied for my PR renewal on 9th September 2013, they have started processing my application on 27th October 2013, still no news or approval on my PR renewal application.
i have called the cic-agent today and they advise me your file is still under review, and your file is still at sydney, they are reviewing your file. it is been over a 3 months of my PR renewal, fraustrating, nothing is happening.

Is there any chances that they have sent me an RQ for Citizenship, do they send me an RQ for PR renewal.