+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card processing after photo request

djmani

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Hello friends this is my scenario:

5th May 2017: Landed with my family in Vancouver

Waited very patiently for the PR cards. When not received after the processing period I got confused.

3rd July 2017: Called IRCC/CIC for PR card status- They said everything is fine from my side, there is a slight delay in their production of PR cards & I should be receiving the cards anytime soon

10th July 2017: Photo Request email from IRCC/CIC

10th July 2017: Photos sent for all family via Canada Post registered mail

July 14th 2017: Photos delivered

July 18th 2017: Again called IRCC/CIC for status update, photos status still not updated, they said it takes several weeks for updating. I inquired how much more time would it take the cards to be processed after the photos are updated, they said about 6 weeks, they further confirmed that the photos updatation are been processed for the cases with photo request on 22nd May! Also they asked me to wait another month and a half for my cards!

So confused!
Came to know that people are receiving cards after a week after their photo submissions, is it true?

Moreover I received my driving licence (just yellow paper with condition on providing secondary id i.e. PR card at ICBC and will not receive the actual Driving licence card until I present my PR card at ICBC) but the same is expiring within 2 weeks.

Over that I received MSP bill for August 2017 but I haven't received MSP card (except for my son's, since his card is without photo).

Everything is relied on the PR cards. All other ID and cards are only processed when PR cards are presented as primary ID.

What should I do?
Does it really gonna take another one and a half month for PR cards to be finally delivered?

It's very odd that new Immigrants have to wait for such long to receive their first ID.

djmani

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Okay so still waiting for the PR card.
Photos still not updated (when I called IRCC for update on my application)
Mycic account shows PR application in progress and final decision yet to be made.

Though I went to ICBC for licence extension. They did provided the extension till October 30th 2017 and said even incase if I don't receive the PR card by October 30th 2017, I can come again and get the extension again for the same.

Reactions: elbarto94

djmani

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Called IRCC today. Came to know that they are processing photo request application of 21st June

I landed on 5th May and had my photos requested on 10th July which were delivered on 14th July. According to IRCC I should be receiving the PR cards in 3 weeks time that's end of August

Reactions: elbarto94

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I landed on April 18 and received a photo renewal request on June 14. Sent the photos, still no PR cards:(. Don't know how long its gonna take

Reactions: Amanito

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010
Hello friends this is my scenario:
Everything is relied on the PR cards. All other ID and cards are only processed when PR cards are presented as primary ID.
It's very odd that new Immigrants have to wait for such long to receive their first ID.
In my experience, this is not the case. I became PR in Nov 2010, Moved to Canada in Jun 2012. Applied for PR in Oct 2012, received PR card in Mar 2013.

I faced no problem opening bank account and getting SIN, Driver's license, and health card issued before even applying for PR. In fact used driver's license among other documents as proof of identify while applying for PR.

Take your passport along with landing papers, officials at Banks, Service Ontario, and Service Canada are experienced professionals...

djmani

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
In my experience, this is not the case. I became PR in Nov 2010, Moved to Canada in Jun 2012. Applied for PR in Oct 2012, received PR card in Mar 2013.

I faced no problem opening bank account and getting SIN, Driver's license, and health card issued before even applying for PR. In fact used driver's license among other documents as proof of identify while applying for PR.

Take your passport along with landing papers, officials at Banks, Service Ontario, and Service Canada are experienced professionals...
It's a different process now.
My friend who became PR in 2011 said it was easier then.

I landed in BC. They accept passport and landing papers for your legality. You can open bank accounts get SIN number issued, apply for MSP, do a job based on the same. Even apply for the Driving licence (give knowledge test and road test). But they do not provide you driver licence card rather an authorized interim driving slip that says you're allowed to drive but you'll receive card licence only when you present your photo ID i.e. PR card at the respective office (ICBC in BC) for further processing. Moreover you cannot even get a BCID card (that's a ID card in BC acts as photo ID incase you don't have licence or any other ID) until you show them your PR card. For service card / medical card again the same issue, you have to present your PR card for getting issued these cards.

For people with workpermit or temporary residence (student, workers except visitors) you can get the licence, medical cards, BCID right away. Even though there workpermit papers are similar to landing papers (without photos) but they still accept the same as primary ID alongside the passport.

Moreover it's not good to always carry your passport with you.

All I can do is wait for PR cards to make all these ID documents.

Amanito

May 20, 2015
Same case. I landed on April 5 and received a photo renewal request on May 17. Sent the photos on June 20, still no PR cards.
I have got a familly emergency so I am back to my country since 17 May and I have to come back to CANADA. I have been told that there is a new law saying that if I spend more than 6 month outside I could lost my PR status.

djmani

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Same case. I landed on April 5 and received a photo renewal request on May 17. Sent the photos on June 20, still no PR cards.
I have got a familly emergency so I am back to my country since 17 May and I have to come back to CANADA. I have been told that there is a new law saying that if I spend more than 6 month outside I could lost my PR status.
It's a very slow process.

Did you travelled with PR travel document?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
This is not true. It's a rumour with no truth in it.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Also, regarding these "it got harder" rumours. It didn't get harder. It's just that each province has different rules regarding drivers licences.

In Ontario, you can use any foreign passport as an ID to get a drivers licence. You don't even need a visa or a stamp or anything in it.
In BC, on the other hand, only Canadian ID counts as primary ID, which indeed means that you can't get your permanent DL until you have a Canadian ID document. The CoPR is not sufficient in BC. See here:
http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/visit-dl-office/Pages/Accepted-ID.aspx

This is, of course, an egregious discrimination, but unfortunately it's the rules.

As other people mentioned you can get a SIN with just your CoPR and Passport as long as the CoPR is not too old.

djmani

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
I come back to my country with my CoPR only
Okay.

How do you plan to come back?

You'll be needing PR travel document for re-entry to Canada or if you are holding passport of the country that allows to enter Canada without visa.

Amanito

May 20, 2015
Okay.

How do you plan to come back?

You'll be needing PR travel document for re-entry to Canada or if you are holding passport of the country that allows to enter Canada without visa.
Yes I will need a travel document for re-entry. Because I have not received my PR card yet. My consern is the information or rumor saying that after 6 months outside Canada I could lose my PR status.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Yes I will need a travel document for re-entry. Because I have not received my PR card yet. My consern is the information or rumor saying that after 6 months outside Canada I could lose my PR status.
This 6 month thing is complete bullshit and not true. :)

Only the regular 2/5 years rule applies

ladanow

Jan 3, 2013
I had similar issue, I called them today 24 Aug, they processing photos received on 7th June !
(77 Days Back Log) !