+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr card issue

Nnpc

Sep 21, 2017
Hi everyone, my husband applied for pr and we did our initial landing early June. I visited the free sti clinic a month after landing and gave false imformation. Specifically i said i was in Canada visiting a friend and declined to give them my friend's contacts. when asked where my husband was I lied I hadn't seen him for a year. They tested me and a week later i went for results and was told i was okay. I however saw the nurse act weird;as if not genuine. She said when are you leaving canada? May be when you go back home you can get checked by your home doctor if you're still not feeling okay. A month later i received a letter from IRCC to send them PR card photos that meet specifications. I did so and later left Canada for USA. I'm not in Canada now. Fast forward, my Husband who was the principal applicant, received his pr card a month ago but I haven't. Could there be an issue?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The free medical treatment you received is not related to the delay in your PR. My guess was that the nurse was acting strangely/annoyed because you refused to give any information and were asking for free medical services.

Reactions: carolbb23

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi everyone, my husband applied for pr and we did our initial landing early June. I visited the free sti clinic a month after landing and gave false imformation. Specifically i said i was in Canada visiting a friend and declined to give them my friend's contacts. when asked where my husband was I lied I hadn't seen him for a year. They tested me and a week later i went for results and was told i was okay. I however saw the nurse act weird;as if not genuine. She said when are you leaving canada? May be when you go back home you can get checked by your home doctor if you're still not feeling okay. A month later i received a letter from IRCC to send them PR card photos that meet specifications. I did so and later left Canada for USA. I'm not in Canada now. Fast forward, my Husband who was the principal applicant, received his pr card a month ago but I haven't. Could there be an issue?
any issue
if you don't have you PR card yet, you can cross the border by land in a private car with your CoPR and passport, no issue

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
The free medical treatment you received is not related to the delay in your PR. My guess was that the nurse was acting strangely/annoyed because you refused to give any information and were asking for free medical services.
Why did she lie

magesh1988

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Canada
Category........

No , your PR card is not getting delayed because of the medical.
So, dont get confused you will recieve in few weeks. I had the same situation so i'm sure about that

Nnpc

Sep 21, 2017
No , your PR card is not getting delayed because of the medical.
So, dont get confused you will recieve in few weeks. I had the same situation so i'm sure about that
Thanks. Does it matter that i lied? I received a letter from the hospital last month. My friend sends me screen shots. I'm afraid to let her open the letter because I don't know the contents. On the letter i see the word guarantor under my name. I asked my friend to send me the letter. But i am freaking out. Why would the hospital send me two letters after my visit? Do you think a pr may be cancelled at this point if may be they found something wrong after blood tests and withheld the information due to my lying and then passed it to immigration? Wouldn't they inform me in writing that the pr was cancelled?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I would imagine it is just test results from the cultures or blood tests they took. If you didn't give your information how would they know how to even reach immigration? I would stop worrying.

Reactions: lossada

Nnpc

Sep 21, 2017
I would imagine it is just test results from the cultures or blood tests they took. If you didn't give your information how would they know how to even reach immigration? I would stop worrying.
I only gave my full name. But i fail to understand how they got my address and whether they could be the reason I haven't received my pr yet my partner did a month ago.

Nnpc

Sep 21, 2017
I only gave my full name. But i fail to understand how they got my address and whether they could be the reason I haven't received my pr yet my partner did a month ago.
I meant to say pr card.. Can pr be cancelled at this point for such a funny reason?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Because of fear of the unknown.. But i wish i would have told the truth..i am tormented!
Relax my friend or could be a hospital bill

magesh1988

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
Thanks. Does it matter that i lied? I received a letter from the hospital last month. My friend sends me screen shots. I'm afraid to let her open the letter because I don't know the contents. On the letter i see the word guarantor under my name. I asked my friend to send me the letter. But i am freaking out. Why would the hospital send me two letters after my visit? Do you think a pr may be cancelled at this point if may be they found something wrong after blood tests and withheld the information due to my lying and then passed it to immigration? Wouldn't they inform me in writing that the pr was cancelled?
sorry to say this, but this is funny. Dont worry stop thinking so much you will be pushed to more stress.
That could be a very simple document ask your friend to open. you will have to open just open and see what it is all about .

do let us know what it is all about

Nnpc

Sep 21, 2017
Finally got my pr card today... That was one hell of a long wait!! Thanks guys for ur support. All the best

Reactions: mpsqra