+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Awat

Sep 11, 2017
Pm me.i followed the same way and got approved for priority scheduling
Can you please give me more info about that, I have the same situation, my hearing supposed to be in January but they postponed and still no date. I am from Iraq.

Reactions: Halo14

nalax85

Aug 10, 2017
5 years waiting in the US and 8 months here for a freaking asylum hearing.. I'm seriously collapsing and feel like ending this entire suffering im in.

Mahmoud_1

Star Member
Aug 13, 2017
Hello guys
My friend is Asylum seeker in Canada and just married on two months ago and he now he has a new hearing date on next month I want to know if still fail on the hearing can the wife sponsor him on inland because he is worry now and confused what is the best advice.thank you.

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
5 years waiting in the US and 8 months here for a freaking asylum hearing.. I'm seriously collapsing and feel like ending this entire suffering im in.
Are you suffering more than you were while living in Syria? I should think not... It is a long process for refugees but everyone who has opted to go that route to acquire PR in Canada should know that it isn't a walk in the park. You are already here, are able to work and live comfortably. Free from persecution as Canada promised you. What they didn't promise is that you would get PR status in the blink of an eye so yes the wait is long but they expect you to wait.

As Canuck rightly explained earlier, there has been a super surge of Asylum seekers that have burdened the refugee claims system. Although IRB officers are designated for refugee claims, Canada has also had a super surge of International Students coming in, Students who have just finished school and applying for Post Grad Work Permits, Students who have now qualified for and are applying for PR through Express Entry, FSW workers applying to come to Canada as PRs and this fall there will be a Super Surge of Citizenship Applicants with the new laws taking effect. (All these categories have to pay huge sums of money to come to Canada by the way)

I'm saying this to say that IRCC will have to and have been utilizing Immigration officers across the board to effectively process the millions of people applying for their respective programs. An example: CEC class PR applicants were being processed in 1-3 months from the point of application submission to receiving PR from January- April 2017. This stopped because there was an influx of Student Visa applications for the September 2017 intake that needed to be processed. School has started and apps have significantly slowed and now CEC applicants are once again being processed quickly and most receive PR in 1-3 and sometimes 4 months. It is clear that the officers were used in another department as the need arose.

Go out and enjoy living and working in a clean and safe country in the meantime. Try as best to get lots of professional volunteer experience to help you in obtaining more professional jobs in the future. Life is short and if your process takes 10 years GOD FORBID, please do not sit and stress and worry for that long. Canada is beautiful.

glennchu

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Hello Guys,

A friend of mine is seeking Refugee here and has been in Canada since last year July. His initial hearing was in January but they postponed it and have not gotten back with a new date yet. His work permit is expiring in October and requested my help to renew it.

I have requested him to do it online by creating an account. However, when he goes through the eligibility test he gets stuck in the Medical option.
The question is: Have you had your medical conducted in past 12 months?

He conducted his medical when he arrived in Canada last year. When he answers NO, the next page states he is ineligible to renew the work-permit as medical is required. (I thought if you're within canada you don't need to conduct medical again no?)

When he answers Yes, his application goes through and he is requested to upload the forms and supporting document. but one of those supporting documents is his MEDICAL RESULT. can he uplaod the old one? If say, he has no problems conducting medical again, where can he get the medical exam sheet in order to book an appointment with the panel physician?

Please help and guide.

Thank you.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Are you suffering more than you were while living in Syria? I should think not... It is a long process for refugees but everyone who has opted to go that route to acquire PR in Canada should know that it isn't a walk in the park. You are already here, are able to work and live comfortably. Free from persecution as Canada promised you. What they didn't promise is that you would get PR status in the blink of an eye so yes the wait is long but they expect you to wait.

As Canuck rightly explained earlier, there has been a super surge of Asylum seekers that have burdened the refugee claims system. Although IRB officers are designated for refugee claims, Canada has also had a super surge of International Students coming in, Students who have just finished school and applying for Post Grad Work Permits, Students who have now qualified for and are applying for PR through Express Entry, FSW workers applying to come to Canada as PRs and this fall there will be a Super Surge of Citizenship Applicants with the new laws taking effect. (All these categories have to pay huge sums of money to come to Canada by the way)

I'm saying this to say that IRCC will have to and have been utilizing Immigration officers across the board to effectively process the millions of people applying for their respective programs. An example: CEC class PR applicants were being processed in 1-3 months from the point of application submission to receiving PR from January- April 2017. This stopped because there was an influx of Student Visa applications for the September 2017 intake that needed to be processed. School has started and apps have significantly slowed and now CEC applicants are once again being processed quickly and most receive PR in 1-3 and sometimes 4 months. It is clear that the officers were used in another department as the need arose.

Go out and enjoy living and working in a clean and safe country in the meantime. Try as best to get lots of professional volunteer experience to help you in obtaining more professional jobs in the future. Life is short and if your process takes 10 years GOD FORBID, please do not sit and stress and worry for that long. Canada is beautiful.

I agree with but with some refugees they feel like they need special treatment because they are refugees but too bad other immgrants paid alot of money so they should be top properties cause the refugees only paid 550 and refugees should be last I am sorry to be harsh

Reactions: jerrymsigwa

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don't think it is appropriate to say that those who pay deserve priority. Two different groups of people in different situations. Although frustrating hearing times have increased due to increased demand. Although it may be hard to remain patient it is important to remember that refugees waiting for a Canadian asylum hearing are still very lucky compared to many refugees in limbo in other countries.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
I don't think it is appropriate to say that those who pay deserve priority. Two different groups of people in different situations. Although frustrating hearing times have increased due to increased demand. Although it may be hard to remain patient it is important to remember that refugees waiting for a Canadian asylum hearing are still very lucky compared to many refugees in limbo in other countries.

I sponsored my husband inland spousal sponsorship we are done took us 17 months he's from a visa exempt country and he's a pr but we paid alot of money and I have friends doing spousal sponsorship and they spend a lot of money that is why I feel that way

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
Folks, this thread is to truck postponed hearings, please don't post unrelated subjects here.
Mine was postponed last April nothing yet.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately the hearing times will continue to get longer. As a Canadian tax payer, I have encouraged my MP to put more resources into the process because we will be spending more money in the end paying welfare, education and health care costs for people waiting for results. There seems to be quite a few people who are misinformed and do not qualify for asylum. Unfortunately more applicants who do not meet the definition of asylum seekers will be able to appeal under H&C if they have been in Canada for years and may now have Canadian children who would be negatively affected if their parents are deported. I would encourage others to email their MP to encourage more resources into processing applications whether they agree with my reasoning or have their own reasons.

Last edited: