+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA Proof of Fund

skstrials

Nov 18, 2015
I got my ITA a month ago. I have finished most of my documentation including my proof of fund from my bank.

At the time when I got the proof of fund, I had over the necessary amount. But I am wondering if I need to keep my bank account above the said amount, even after I got the proof of fund and handed in the documents?

Cam.Will

Jun 20, 2017
"
How much money should you bring?
It is a good idea to research how much it costs to live in the place where you plan to settle in Canada.

Bring as much money as you can to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier. Note, however, that Canadian customs regulations require you to declare if you are bringing more than CAN$10,000 into Canada. If you do not tell them, you may be fined, and your funds could be seized. These funds could be in the form of:

• cash,
  • documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.), or
  • documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders)."