+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

Rocky83

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
No, that's not enough. You need to collect documents that show CIC the following information: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.
But they are refusing to provide such details. The practice here is to only provide relieving letter with job designation, start and end dates ? Has anybody faced rejection due to this ?

Rocky83

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Also regarding requirement of bank statement on letterhead stating any loans , credit cards bills outstanding, banks in India do not provide such a statement and are asking me to take CIBIL report instead which has a credit score based on historical payments of liabilities ? is this accepted ?

Rocky83

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Yes, this way your application will be rejected. You have to include ALL these information.
However, there are other ways to provide these information other than reference letters. If you search the forum, you will find similar cases where applicants managed to get letters from a supervisor or a colleague and their applications were accepted.
I can provide offer letters which will have job title offered with pay and entitled benefits, sample pay stubs, increment letters and relieving letters showing start and end dates of work. Number of working hours per week is not mentioned anywhere.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi Bill, Actually i do not have UMI number as it was submitted by my spouse's employer directly to CIC ? Whats d next option please ?
The either you have to ask employer to get that letter or you will have to go with new medical.

Otherwise, you can apply with CIC now and explain your situation and your spouse UCI number. CIC will either accept your previous Medical or send you a letter to get a new medical.

I hope this will help.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Regarding work experience, the companies I worked for are not ready to provide a letter listing all positions i worked at, working hours etc.

However I have a relieving letter from these companies stating the designation I had while i left with start and end dates. Is this enough for employment proofs ?
Write a letter yourself in a simple word and get it signed by your supervisor or manager. Attach their letter of declaration along with their Business Cards.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Also regarding requirement of bank statement on letterhead stating any loans , credit cards bills outstanding, banks in India do not provide such a statement and are asking me to take CIBIL report instead which has a credit score based on historical payments of liabilities ? is this accepted ?
CIC asks for a bank letter that mentions details such as account number, account opening date, contact details of the bank, average account balance and so on (look at the CIC website for specific details).

My bank refused to issue this kind of letter to me so I got statements from the last 6 months on the bank letterhead and requested my bank to sign and stamp it.

I also added my latest credit card bill (from the same bank) to prove that I don't have any large debts.

Good luck.

babyfreeverse

Jul 15, 2017
@BillHyatt

Hi Bill, my 2173 job in 2006-2008 have provided me a reference letter last month that states my position, period I was there, annual salary but they have provided a certification of explanation for not providing the job description since it's confidential.

Should I just delete this from my work history to transfer to personal history? My recent jobs from 2008 are able to provide everything CIC has asked for so I don't know how big of a deal this very old job of mine will impact my application. Please advise, thank you!

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
@BillHyatt

Hi Bill, my 2173 job in 2006-2008 have provided me a reference letter last month that states my position, period I was there, annual salary but they have provided a certification of explanation for not providing the job description since it's confidential.

Should I just delete this from my work history to transfer to personal history? My recent jobs from 2008 are able to provide everything CIC has asked for so I don't know how big of a deal this very old job of mine will impact my application. Please advise, thank you!
Yes, you can move it to personal history and explain in LOE. It is fine and will not impact your application. Good Luck

Reactions: babyfreeverse

ahsanemirates

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Hello bill , I have question regarding drop in CRS score after AOR. My time line is FSWO MAY 24, my ITA was 443, min cut off was 441. While checking my status Last month I discovered that my CRS score dropped to 418 , this was due to the mistake I made . I inadvertently added my spouse and kids as accompanying during AOR submission this resulted in points drop . I raised CSE to inform them about the mistake and requested them to consider it as singe applicant . My current status is ADR - no additional documents needed , medical passed and BG is NA. I e mailed CIC and they replied generic e mail saying my file is at CPC Ottawa and with in procession time line . I am really worried that will they reject my file after almost 4 months or consider my application . Please help

Rocky83

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Regarding uploading supports like educational certificates and marksheets, work experience letters etc where we have multiple documents, should I compile all work experience related documents and educational details into a single pdf respectively or colour scan each document separately and upload ? However I am looking to maintain a single LOE word doc file with appropriate sections. Is this fine ?

Rocky83

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Write a letter yourself in a simple word and get it signed by your supervisor or manager. Attach their letter of declaration along with their Business Cards.
Hi Bill,

Actually i have multiple positions only in 1 company. In the other firms, my job title did not change during the duration of my employment with them.

Can promotion letters be enough to highlight the different positions held in the concerned company ?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hello bill , I have question regarding drop in CRS score after AOR. My time line is FSWO MAY 24, my ITA was 443, min cut off was 441. While checking my status Last month I discovered that my CRS score dropped to 418 , this was due to the mistake I made . I inadvertently added my spouse and kids as accompanying during AOR submission this resulted in points drop . I raised CSE to inform them about the mistake and requested them to consider it as singe applicant . My current status is ADR - no additional documents needed , medical passed and BG is NA. I e mailed CIC and they replied generic e mail saying my file is at CPC Ottawa and with in procession time line . I am really worried that will they reject my file after almost 4 months or consider my application . Please help
CPC Ottawa will usually make a decision on their own and therefore, I think (not confirmed) if they had any problem they would have rejected by now. However, you have done your part of the job to raise CSE and now in no mean, you will be in a state of misrepresentation.

If your status changes to IP2 in the future then there is nothing to worry as this indicates your eligibility is passed.

Finally, my recommendation is to call Ottawa office and ask for your case and if they say you still are within 6 months processing limits then simply tell them your situation. They will make changes and let you know if you need to do something else.

Good Luck.

Reactions: iamxty

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi Bill,

Actually i have multiple positions only in 1 company. In the other firms, my job title did not change during the duration of my employment with them.

Can promotion letters be enough to highlight the different positions held in the concerned company ?
Yes, but you still need to explain these things in LOE properly.

Rocky83

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Regarding uploading supports like educational certificates and marksheets, work experience letters etc where we have multiple documents, should I compile all work experience related documents and educational details into a single pdf respectively or colour scan each document separately and upload ?

Is this fine Bill ?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Regarding uploading supports like educational certificates and marksheets, work experience letters etc where we have multiple documents, should I compile all work experience related documents and educational details into a single pdf respectively or colour scan each document separately and upload ?

Is this fine Bill ?
You will have only one submission file for each section. So, combine all educational documents in one pdf file and attach them. For Experience, you will have one submission for each employment.

Reactions: StevieFray