+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate - Pakistan - ITA Received

luvkyroy2070

Aug 13, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I'm a new member of this forum and received my ITA on 20/09/2017. I have been a silent reader of this platform and got a lot of valuable insights and information. Currently I'm a bit confused about getting police clearance certificate from Pakistan. The overall scenario is as follows:

I am preparing my documents after receiving ITA. My residential address(temporary and permanent) as per my National identity card is of City A. However, I have completed my undergraduate from City B and used to live in a private hostel for my studies. However, I kept visiting my city of residence i.e. City A over the weekends.
The address on my national identity card was not changed as must be the case with many students who pursue their studies in a different city.
Now as the address of my undergraduate institute is of city B and my residential address is of city A, I am confused if I should obtain PCC from both cities or only my city of residence?
Let me make this clear that in Pakistan PCC is issued by the district police office and not by any central/federal police office.

Please let me know what should i do? I will be highly obliged.

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I'm a new member of this forum and received my ITA on 20/09/2017. I have been a silent reader of this platform and got a lot of valuable insights and information. Currently I'm a bit confused about getting police clearance certificate from Pakistan. The overall scenario is as follows:

I am preparing my documents after receiving ITA. My residential address(temporary and permanent) as per my National identity card is of City A. However, I have completed my undergraduate from City B and used to live in a private hostel for my studies. However, I kept visiting my city of residence i.e. City A over the weekends.
The address on my national identity card was not changed as must be the case with many students who pursue their studies in a different city.
Now as the address of my undergraduate institute is of city B and my residential address is of city A, I am confused if I should obtain PCC from both cities or only my city of residence?
Let me make this clear that in Pakistan PCC is issued by the district police office and not by any central/federal police office.

Wherever u resided more then 6 months need to get PCC.. u hev to sheo Officer ur temp residence like utility bill..18 onwards different residences need to provide PCC for all of them, however the same city..

luvkyroy2070

Aug 13, 2017
@moonarch : It seems a bit difficult to get pcc from all cities of Pakistan. I thought getting pcc from permanent address/ hometown should have been enough. The info you gave is changing whole scenario for me and making everything very difficult. Have you got ITA by the way ?

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
@moonarch : It seems a bit difficult to get pcc from all cities of Pakistan. I thought getting pcc from permanent address/ hometown should have been enough. The info you gave is changing whole scenario for me and making everything very difficult. Have you got ITA by the way ?
yes ...you cannot leave any loophole in your background check...but its all your choice wat u feel perfect for u...18 onwards 6 month or more residnce has to prove by security checks...u may consult to some senior experts as well..

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
Bro. If you lived in any city for morethan or equal to 6 months then you must submit PCC for that city plus your permanent residence PCC as well.

I think but not sure if you feel the PCC for your stay during your hostel days is not satisfactory then you can explain in LOE

umairzulfi

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I lived in Lahore for 6 years for my studies. It took 2 hours to travel between Lahore and my home town. Usually, every weekend, I visit my home town.

When I applied for PR this year, I submitted two PCCs. One from District Lahore and one from my home district.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: luvkyroy2070

luvkyroy2070

Aug 13, 2017
I lived in Lahore for 6 years for my studies. It took 2 hours to travel between Lahore and my home town. Usually, every weekend, I visit my home town.

When I applied for PR this year, I submitted two PCCs. One from District Lahore and one from my home district.

Hope this helps!
How you got police certificate from Lahore ? I also studied in lahore but my hometown is faisalabad. Please let me know i will be obliged.

umairzulfi

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
How you got police certificate from Lahore ? I also studied in lahore but my hometown is faisalabad. Please let me know i will be obliged.
I needed two PCC. One from my home town which is in District Gujranwala. The office in Gujranwala did not ask anything from my brother and they gave him PCC. But the Lahore office told my brother that he needs a Authorization letter from me. So I made a Authorization letter from Pakistan Embassy in Toronto and sent the scanned copy to my brother. Then he applied on my behalf and got the PCC from Lahore.

umairzulfi

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
My understanding is that you need PCC from each district where you lived for more than 6 months after you turn 18.

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Ho there

Could you please confirm of you applied using one pcc or multiple?
It would be really supportive. Thanks

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
Ho there

Could you please confirm of you applied using one pcc or multiple?
It would be really supportive. Thanks
A person who immigrated told me you need one PCC from your home town. Though he immigrated using the old immigration system a few years ago. The CIC website also mentions one PCC per country you visit. I know some people provide a PCC from every town in Pakistan they lived but is it a requirement? Anyone from Pakistan who immigrated by providing a single PCC?

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
A person who immigrated told me you need one PCC from your home town. Though he immigrated using the old immigration system a few years ago. The CIC website also mentions one PCC per country you visit. I know some people provide a PCC from every town in Pakistan they lived but is it a requirement? Anyone from Pakistan who immigrated by providing a single PCC?
Hey buddy,
Thanks for the reply. I have heard so many mixed responses too. Havent you applied yet your eAPR?