+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate from Indian Embassy in USA

albak

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
Hi members,

I am new to this forum and evaluating options of getting a Canadian PR. I wanted to check and see if anyone has recent experience of requesting police clearance certificate from Indian embassy/consulate in the US. I have the following questions

1. My spouse's passport has a different Indian address from the address his parents currently live at. Will this cause issues with police clearance?

I would very much prefer not having to go through the tedious process of address change in passport so if anyone could shed light on that aspect it would be great!

asohoni

Aug 30, 2017
Getting a Police clearance certificate from an Indian embassy in the US is super easy. We did ours from the San Francisco embassy. We got our certificate within a week. I don't think the address change should matter. Better to check with the US embassy anyway..

maddysnexus

Jan 8, 2018
Hi,
I followed the CGISF page for Police clearance and found the following docs:
A. Proof of US status
Passport, Visa, I-94 and I-797 notarized copies

B. Proof of Current Address
Drivers license notarized copy.

C. Miscellaneous Applications form
D. Personal Particulars Proforma
E. CGISF Money Order for $28

Is the above list good for San Francisco consulate?
Or are there any other documents required?

Thanks.

albak

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
Hi,
I followed the CGISF page for Police clearance and found the following docs:
A. Proof of US status
Passport, Visa, I-94 and I-797 notarized copies

B. Proof of Current Address
Drivers license notarized copy.

C. Miscellaneous Applications form
D. Personal Particulars Proforma
E. CGISF Money Order for $28

Is the above list good for San Francisco consulate?
Or are there any other documents required?

Thanks.
You only need to notarize if you are planning on sending my mail. It's not required if you are applying in person.

Canada4me2

Feb 21, 2018
Hello , request the experts to help me with couple of questions

1) Is ITA needed before I can go for the PCC from Indian embassy ? I just have an express Entry profile at 442 for now and visiting NY so planning to get PCC made without ITA.
2) Do I need a cover letter or something. People have posted on several posts about a letter addressed to the consulate. The CGNY doesnt mention about it.

Thanks for your help!

albak

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
Hello , request the experts to help me with couple of questions

1) Is ITA needed before I can go for the PCC from Indian embassy ? I just have an express Entry profile at 442 for now and visiting NY so planning to get PCC made without ITA.
2) Do I need a cover letter or something. People have posted on several posts about a letter addressed to the consulate. The CGNY doesnt mention about it.

Thanks for your help!
1. ITA is not required
2. No cover letter required although you may wish to submit if you want. Basically it needs to state the purpose of the PCC request (Canada PR) and the documents you have attached within.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
2. May be those people sent PCC request via mail. If you are collecting PCC in person then no need of cover letter.

Try not to go too early there as PCCs are issued just after noon. It does not matter if you reach embassy at 8 AM or 11 AM. You will get PCC after noon only.

Also, they prefer cash over money orders and cheques.

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
Hi members,

I am new to this forum and evaluating options of getting a Canadian PR. I wanted to check and see if anyone has recent experience of requesting police clearance certificate from Indian embassy/consulate in the US. I have the following questions

1. My spouse's passport has a different Indian address from the address his parents currently live at. Will this cause issues with police clearance?

I would very much prefer not having to go through the tedious process of address change in passport so if anyone could shed light on that aspect it would be great!
Hey
Did you had any problem with spouse address. I have the same case. Passport address is different from current address in india. Did this create an issue? Was police verification done ?
Thank you.

Kamsin

Apr 2, 2018
Hi,

I sent my original passport along with supporting notarised documents to Indian embassy San Francisco.

It is over a month now but I have not received PCC nor have I heard back from them.

Is there a way to contact them to check on the status? (No one picks up Miscellaneous service line and no response to the email sent to misc@cgisf.org)

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
Hi,

I sent my original passport along with supporting notarised documents to Indian embassy San Francisco.

It is over a month now but I have not received PCC nor have I heard back from them.

Is there a way to contact them to check on the status? (No one picks up Miscellaneous service line and no response to the email sent to misc@cgisf.org)
Hi
They received my package on 25th April and my PCC was sent back to me on 22 May. They usually take around a month to send it back.

Kamsin

Apr 2, 2018
Its been over 40 days and I finally received a response to my email.

"So far we didn’t get any clear response to process PCC.

If you want passports you can collect from our consulate.

We are not assure how long it will take time."

What should I do in this case? My deadline to submit to Canada is July second week.

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
I
Its been over 40 days and I finally received a response to my email.

"So far we didn’t get any clear response to process PCC.

If you want passports you can collect from our consulate.

We are not assure how long it will take time."

What should I do in this case? My deadline to submit to Canada is July second week.
If possible contact India Police station where your enquiry had been made. Sometimes SP don't give clearance so one needs to nudge them .