+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate for dependent who don't have SSN

nick_s

Star Member
Feb 23, 2009
Guys,
My wife is a H4 visa holder and like any other H4 holder, she can't have SSN. My question is, how can she get a US police certificate? I assume having SSN is one of the requirement to get US police certificate (FBI and state). FYI, I just got my AINP nomination and am preparing all the doc needed.

Thx!

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
nick_s said:
Guys,
My wife is a H4 visa holder and like any other H4 holder, she can't have SSN. My question is, how can she get a US police certificate? I assume having SSN is one of the requirement to get US police certificate (FBI and state). FYI, I just got my AINP nomination and am preparing all the doc needed.

Thx!
Congratulations on your nomination.

I had a similar issue (my wife on H4). This is what I did.

FBI, left the SSN column blank. While sending our fingerprints explained the reasons in a letter.
For VA, which requires SSN I did the same.
NJ they did not require SSN.
I got all my PCC's and submitted to CIC.

In general, take fingerprints from an authorized agency (police station or designated/authorized technicians) and explain the reason for not having SSN in a letter.

hope this helps
-dna

notdet

Star Member
May 11, 2009
dnataraj said:
I had a similar issue (my wife on H4). This is what I did.

In general, take fingerprints from an authorized agency (police station or designated/authorized technicians) and explain the reason for not having SSN in a letter.
dnataraj, hope that letter does not need any stamp or anything from any authority ?

redstar

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
Hi Friends
I had an small accident in NJ and as i was not in town after that accident i went out of town and back after 10-15 days and the cop asked to take the report but unfortunately i couldn't take that report, so any one tell is it going to effect when i requested for PCC.So please help me out .Waiting for your advices.

Thanks & Regards

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
redstar said:
Hi Friends
I had an small accident in NJ and as i was not in town after that accident i went out of town and back after 10-15 days and the cop asked to take the report but unfortunately i couldn't take that report, so any one tell is it going to effect when i requested for PCC.So please help me out .Waiting for your advices.

Thanks & Regards
as long as there was nothing criminal ... it should be fine

brinz

May 13, 2009
albsac said:
ITIN cannot be used where SSN is required. It is strictly used only for tax pruposes.
Technically, you are correct. But, instead of N/A, you can mention it. We have used ITIN and got records from FBI.

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
brinz said:
albsac said:
ITIN cannot be used where SSN is required. It is strictly used only for tax pruposes.
Technically, you are correct. But, instead of N/A, you can mention it. We have used ITIN and got records from FBI.
agree with brinz. also, at least in nc, itin is tied with the driving license.

vpkasbek

Nov 22, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC -Sydney; Secondary visa office: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 03, 2017
Doc's Request.
Generic Reminder Email: RPRF, Passport Bio, Sch A, PCC. 06.12.2017; Updated Sch A form 09.25.2017
Nomination.....
Dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2017
IELTS Request
Sent with package
Med's Request
Dec 15, 2017 (Upfront eMedicals); Feb 12, 2018 (Request from CIC)
Med's Done....
Feb 14, 2018 (Passed)
Interview........
Not applicable; BGIP 2: Feb 27, 2018
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 19, 2018
I have a valid SSN but i didnt enter it in Application form, is that fine?
Hello all US fellows,

I applied for PR from US this year through PNP paper based stream. Good to know there are other applicants from US. My timeline is in my profile. Could you all share yours so we can tag along?

ashv

Star Member
Apr 17, 2016
Thanks man! I am not in pool yet. awaiting IELTS result :)

Which PNP stream you belong to?

Hello all US fellows,

I applied for PR from US this year through PNP paper based stream. Good to know there are other applicants from US. My timeline is in my profile. Could you all share yours so we can tag along?