+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PoF - new bank account - rejected?

ADteam

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have opened a new account for POF although I am showing the flow of money from my joint account to which is an year old to the new one. The officer in bank said who ever holds the first name in the joint account the money legally belongs to them. In my case it was my spouse who has the first name in the joint account. Since I am the PA in our case I transferred the funds in newly opened single account and have obtained a transaction letter on bank's letterhead for the same.

forcanada

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
ADteam said:
I have opened a new account for POF although I am showing the flow of money from my joint account to which is an year old to the new one. The officer in bank said who ever holds the first name in the joint account the money legally belongs to them. In my case it was my spouse who has the first name in the joint account. Since I am the PA in our case I transferred the funds in newly opened single account and have obtained a transaction letter on bank's letterhead for the same.
Did you take a letter from the previous bank, or the statements only?

Ustaad

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
True.

Which is why the focus is on proving that the money belongs to the PA. Not the date of opening the account. It is perfectly legitimate to sell an asset, put the money in a recently opened bank account and use that as POF provided one can prove that the asset belonged exclusively to them and the monies came from legitimate sale of that asset.

I repeat, recency of the bank account ALONE cannot be the cause of refusal.
Hi Asivad, My Account was 9 months old when I applied. Would that be fine or still a pblm?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ustaad said:
Hi Asivad, My Account was 9 months old when I applied. Would that be fine or still a pblm?
Recency of the account is not a standalone criteria. As long as the other elements are in place, this doesn't matter.

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
Recency of the account is not a standalone criteria. As long as the other elements are in place, this doesn't matter.

This thread just made me depressed now.

My account was recent as well, while I did send OOPNP proof of the funds through an Affidavit which stated the fund transfer dates and said that it is a gift from my father etc. to be used for settlement.

From there onwards, my salary has been coming into my account so I have sent OOPNP my salary slips and updated bank statements as of last month.

Would this cause a rejection?

Ustaad

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
About rest of the things Asivad I need your comments in short:

I need to show $11931, I have shown $14055 (application submitted). $11,600 have been received my me as a gift from my dad from India (I live in Canada) and I did the following things as PoF and as an explanation of the surge in the current balance as compared to average balance:

1. TD Bank Letter in CIC format
2. My bank statement of the concerned account for past 6 months
3. An affidavit from my dad (notarised gift deed) highlighting all the bank details and bank transactions that occurred and also explaining that it is a gift and my son is free to use it in any way bla bla
4. My bank statements (signed, stamped) showing the wire transfers (Credit of Money)
5. My father's bank statements (signed, stamped) showing the wire transfers (Debit of same amount of money on the same date)
6. Wire Transfer Reports (signed, stamped) showing money going from which person and which account to which person (dad to me) and which account (dad's to mine)
7. CA report (signed, stamped) showing that my parents have 50x worth (movable+immovable) after gifting me x amount of money
8. A 2 Page LOE from me, highlighting all what happened and that money is unencumbered bla bla and highlighting all the bank transfers in a tabular form [Actually this 2 page LOE is the cover page of my POF pdf file]

Would all this be fine

Thanks in advance!!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ustaad said:
About rest of the things Asivad I need your comments in short:

I need to show $11931, I have shown $14055 (application submitted). $11,600 have been received my me as a gift from my dad from India (I live in Canada) and I did the following things as PoF and as an explanation of the surge in the current balance as compared to average balance:

1. TD Bank Letter in CIC format
2. My bank statement of the concerned account for past 6 months
3. An affidavit from my dad (notarised gift deed) highlighting all the bank details and bank transactions that occurred and also explaining that it is a gift and my son is free to use it in any way bla bla
4. My bank statements (signed, stamped) showing the wire transfers (Credit of Money)
5. My father's bank statements (signed, stamped) showing the wire transfers (Debit of same amount of money on the same date)
6. Wire Transfer Reports (signed, stamped) showing money going from which person and which account to which person (dad to me) and which account (dad's to mine)
7. CA report (signed, stamped) showing that my parents have 50x worth (movable+immovable) after gifting me x amount of money
8. A 2 Page LOE from me, highlighting all what happened and that money is unencumbered bla bla and highlighting all the bank transfers in a tabular form [Actually this 2 page LOE is the cover page of my POF pdf file]

Would all this be fine

Thanks in advance!!
More than sufficient, nothing to worry here.

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
Hi Asivad,

My account was 3 months old when I sent my OOPNP application. I have however gotten an Affiavit showing the funds transferred from my father's account to my account as a gift. Also my salaries have been coming in the same account so I attached my payslips as well. In addition, just last month I have sent OOPNP additional bank statements and payslips making up to 5 months in total.

Should this be okay or will I be rejected?

Thanks!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OmarSarfraz said:
Hi Asivad,

My account was 3 months old when I sent my OOPNP application. I have however gotten an Affiavit showing the funds transferred from my father's account to my account as a gift. Also my salaries have been coming in the same account so I attached my payslips as well. In addition, just last month I have sent OOPNP additional bank statements and payslips making up to 5 months in total.

Should this be okay or will I be rejected?

Thanks!
If you have conclusively proved that the money belongs to you and isn't borrowed, nothing to worry.

ADteam

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi for canada
Both my joint and single account are in same bank. I transferred the money myself (like signing cheque and depositing slip) and took a picture of all that before submitting to the bank. And obtained a transaction letter from bank which states the money was transferred by me from my joint to single account.

tanit

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
URGENT plz help

I opened a bank account in canada from my country in BNC and they offer me 3 months availabillity till I land
Am going to Transfer some funds there from a sibling (Citizen) in canada.
my docs would be :

- email of confirmation and account documents from canadian Bank
- gift deed from sibling specifying the money transfert and transfert documents
- LOE explaining that part of the money is in my home country and part in a canadian bank

do you think eAPR could be refused if they see that the account is only available for 3 months ?

PS1: I prefer having that money in canada rather than having it in my home country and plz don't ask why
PS2: fyi in case I don't land and contact the bank in 3 months , the money should be transferred back to it's owner - bank policy

and last question : Could POF be a reason of rejection, or it's more likely a ADR or PFL ????

Sarwatn

Sep 12, 2017
Hi,
Please let me know the following:

When we apply for EE - do we need to show the POF proof bank statements from the start or can we upload some months later?

Is it possible to upload funds bank statement showing less amount and apply as an individual - family not coming - and later update bank statement with more amount and add family coming?

How easy is it to first apply as an individual and later make changes to show that family is also coming along. (Before the ITA)

I read somewhere, you dont have to upload proof fund on EE if you already have job offer. But we cannot start applying for jobs on job bank unless we create the EE profile.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi,
Please let me know the following:

When we apply for EE - do we need to show the POF proof bank statements from the start or can we upload some months later?
After you get ITA

Is it possible to upload funds bank statement showing less amount and apply as an individual - family not coming - and later update bank statement with more amount and add family coming?
You should have the right amount by the time you submit. If by family you mean non accompanying spouse you should take their number into consideration even if they're not coming

How easy is it to first apply as an individual and later make changes to show that family is also coming along. (Before the ITA)
You can do changes to your application before ITA

I read somewhere, you dont have to upload proof fund on EE if you already have job offer. But we cannot start applying for jobs on job bank unless we create the EE profile.
You don't need to upload any documents on EE before getting ITA. There are other ways to apply for jobs no need to use job bank (which as per the experience of many didn't provide with much opportunities) Getting a job offer while you're still abroad isn't easy, I don't think I've seen many people get one on this forum before moving.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

Sarwatn

Sep 12, 2017
Hi Hamgha,

Thank you so much for reply.

I am still a bit confused on some things, kindly help out:

1-We are a married couple with 3 kids. (5 members) - but at the moment have funds to show for only 3 members. We are planning to apply with just one applicant and will show wife and kids all information but as not accompanying. In case after a few months, we are able to have some more funds, then we would like to change status to all family members will accompany and also the proof of funds amount - bank statements to show required availability. Would this be an OK plan if we do this before receiving ITA?

2-After searching a lot, I found out that, if at the time of Express entry pool initial application we do not have a LMIA job offer and neither we are apply through canadian experience then we need to show proof of settlement funds. So does it mean that we will have to upload bank statement information to the express entry pool application for consideration?

3- For Provincial nominee programs where distant relatives or friends can sponsor if they have lived e.g in winnipeg or regiana for a year - at the time they send sponsor letter do they still need to be living there ? or is it ok if now they have moved to another province but previously live in the province?

4- Is there a fee/payment to enter express entry pool?

5- In our country, people buy prize bonds - they are just like money so do not have a name on them. We want to cash them and add money to bank to show some portion of funds. Do we need to show how we got the prize bonds? Should we upload our 5-6 years old bank statements to show all earnings - so to show we bought from that?

6- If some funds are in principal applicant's account and some in spouse's account - is it ok if we also attach spouse's bank account information and bank statements (that will not be treated as loan?) as this is between one -same family??

7- If we sell a house or car and that amount to bank - when applying for EE the bank statement 6 month average will show very less but closing balance/or total amount showing in bank will be the required amount - if we add a sale receipt with the bank statement will that be accepted - and 6 month average being very low - not be an issue?

8- Does my 3 month old baby also need a separate passport?

9- Is there a list of vaccines that children must have had - I want to make sure we havent missed some vaccine for my elder children.

10- In case of health inadmissibility after applying for PR - does canadian goverment give some time to the applicants to get cure for disease or medical treatment and then be considered again for the same PR application?

11- For WES - Do we only send the latest degree for which we need points - or do we need to send previous educational certificates too?

12- CIMA - gives an "Advanced diploma in management accounting" certificate - during its course CGMA - (CIMA and AICPA - CMA - have a mutual recognition agreement) -
Do we need to send this diploma to the ECA as well for equivalence?

13-Will this diploma be considered under the section - if the principal applicant has 2 master degree and one "advanced diploma"
"Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"

Hoping to hear from you soon,
Best Regards,