+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POF - CLARITY REG FD

sabharishj

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am at the status of arranging my POF. Recently I was told by an immigration consultant [canapprove] that, only savings account needs 6 months avg balance and if we provide a fixed deposit as POF, then 6 months is not necessary.

Is it true?? Has anyone come across the situation?? Pls Help...

javier.ths

Oct 31, 2016
Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
I've not arrived in Canada yet, but I've read in a few forums, even here in CanadaVisa, that it doesn't really matter how many months old your savings account is. Just as long as you can prove where those funds came from. For example, you have transferred that amount from a previous account, just have some records ready to show that the money were in your possession for at least 6 months.

Additional things I've done:
1. Visit my bank, and requested a letter from the manager - to certify that I am an account holder of so-and-so bank, with his/her stamp and signature.
2. Print the latest bank statement, and get stamp and signature from the bank manager also.

Other than that, I did read somewhere (sorry I couldn't relocate the webpage) that the officer at port of entry did not really focus on your funds in bank account or fixed deposit. They are more concerned on the cash on hand that you're bringing in; they want to make sure you make declaration on bringing in more than CAD 10,000

Reactions: sabharishj

sabharishj

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Thanks a lot buddy !!! I can prove the funds has been obtained as a gift from my Dad??? Will IRCC accept gift deed as a POF???

I've not arrived in Canada yet, but I've read in a few forums, even here in CanadaVisa, that it doesn't really matter how many months old your savings account is. Just as long as you can prove where those funds came from. For example, you have transferred that amount from a previous account, just have some records ready to show that the money were in your possession for at least 6 months.

Additional things I've done:
1. Visit my bank, and requested a letter from the manager - to certify that I am an account holder of so-and-so bank, with his/her stamp and signature.
2. Print the latest bank statement, and get stamp and signature from the bank manager also.

Other than that, I did read somewhere (sorry I couldn't relocate the webpage) that the officer at port of entry did not really focus on your funds in bank account or fixed deposit. They are more concerned on the cash on hand that you're bringing in; they want to make sure you make declaration on bringing in more than CAD 10,000

javier.ths

Oct 31, 2016
Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Thanks a lot buddy !!! I can prove the funds has been obtained as a gift from my Dad??? Will IRCC accept gift deed as a POF???
You can check out this thread: Proof of Funds: Format of Gift Deed, Affidavit and LOE

Basically the OP of that thread has provided sample format of letters:
1. From your Dad to you, stating he provided the gift
2. Your reply to Dad, stating you received it
3. From you to IRCC, explaining the source