+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP - PR - Jan-Feb-March 2016 Applicants

Seiryu88

Apr 1, 2015
Category........
PNP
Hi, I am a March 2016 BC PNP PR applicant. I requested my GCMS notes over 4 times now. Last month, the GCMS notes revealed that my application was at PACE and the officer note is "All requirements seem to be met. Ready for final review."

But today when I received the notes, it shows that they had to reassessed my medicals because the certificate was going to expire in one month, now they are valid for one more year and that is all the update that happened in one month. This is excruciating, I am having issues with my boss because I have to go to my homeland as my dad passed and I need to take care over some loads of paperwork there too, so my boss is thinking of letting me go also because he knows the stress I am in between. I would usually not care but I feel so hand tied. I do not know what to do. I just want the PPR to come.

If I were to quit my job, how do I have to do this? Do I notify the PNP office? And maybe request for help to get an open work permit?

hopelesspr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Hi, I am a March 2016 BC PNP PR applicant. I requested my GCMS notes over 4 times now. Last month, the GCMS notes revealed that my application was at PACE and the officer note is "All requirements seem to be met. Ready for final review."

But today when I received the notes, it shows that they had to reassessed my medicals because the certificate was going to expire in one month, now they are valid for one more year and that is all the update that happened in one month. This is excruciating, I am having issues with my boss because I have to go to my homeland as my dad passed and I need to take care over some loads of paperwork there too, so my boss is thinking of letting me go also because he knows the stress I am in between. I would usually not care but I feel so hand tied. I do not know what to do. I just want the PPR to come.

If I were to quit my job, how do I have to do this? Do I notify the PNP office? And maybe request for help to get an open work permit?
My condolences. Are you currently on an open work work? Is there a restriction on your PNP Nomination certificate? Is your background in processing?

Seiryu88

Apr 1, 2015
Category........
PNP
My condolences. Are you currently on an open work work? Is there a restriction on your PNP Nomination certificate? Is your background in processing?

Well, from my GCMS notes, they added a bunch of s.15(1). Reading through some threads, nobody knows what exactly does that mean, but apparently it has to do with the background and security check... Other than that, I have no clue. Criminality, meds, and eligibility were approved quite a while ago, and meds had to be reassessed, I am guessing, because it has been almost a year since I did them... And my file is at PACE. I read in another thread that was supposed to mean "Pass all criteria of eligibility", I am not sure how is that supposed to be a location. :(

hopelesspr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017

Well, from my GCMS notes, they added a bunch of s.15(1). Reading through some threads, nobody knows what exactly does that mean, but apparently it has to do with the background and security check... Other than that, I have no clue. Criminality, meds, and eligibility were approved quite a while ago, and meds had to be reassessed, I am guessing, because it has been almost a year since I did them... And my file is at PACE. I read in another thread that was supposed to mean "Pass all criteria of eligibility", I am not sure how is that supposed to be a location. :(
If you are on an open work work and there is no restriction on your PNP Nomination certificate, you apply for Briding Open Work Permit.I doubt at your stage PNP or IRCC will check again if you are working especially on an open work permit. If you are a closed work permit, you need your current employer to pay your compliance fee in support your new work permit (closed) and hope that no one follow up on employment. You seem to be pretty close to PPR as your application has "PACE" . I am March applicant and got PPR a week ago.

Maybe you could suggest to your employer instead of laying you off, to give you unpaid leave (to cover your time in your home country). In that way, if PNP or more so IRCC were to do a final check, your employer would say you are still employed.

I would also send a case specific enquiry stating your dad has passed and you were hoping for PPR before you leave. Attach proof of death and that he is your dad (birth certificate for yourself)

When I went to our MP, his representative stated that they can only ask for quick/expedited processing in the case of death etc.So maybe you could explain to your MP that your dad died etc.. Nothing is certain with IRCC but it does not hurt to try. I did something similar but it was not a case of death.

Reactions: Seiryu88

Seiryu88

Apr 1, 2015
Category........
PNP
If you are on an open work work and there is no restriction on your PNP Nomination certificate, you apply for Briding Open Work Permit.I doubt at your stage PNP or IRCC will check again if you are working especially on an open work permit. If you are a closed work permit, you need your current employer to pay your compliance fee in support your new work permit (closed) and hope that no one follow up on employment. You seem to be pretty close to PPR as your application has "PACE" . I am March applicant and got PPR a week ago.

Maybe you could suggest to your employer instead of laying you off, to give you unpaid leave (to cover your time in your home country). In that way, if PNP or more so IRCC were to do a final check, your employer would say you are still employed.

I would also send a case specific enquiry stating your dad has passed and you were hoping for PPR before you leave. Attach proof of death and that he is your dad (birth certificate for yourself)

When I went to our MP, his representative stated that they can only ask for quick/expedited processing in the case of death etc.So maybe you could explain to your MP that your dad died etc.. Nothing is certain with IRCC but it does not hurt to try. I did something similar but it was not a case of death.
So, if it Is a closed work permit, I am screwed? It expires on May.

shaun999

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
April 14
IELTS Request
YES
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Medical Request on May 1st, 2017
Med's Done....
Medical Done on May 2nd, 2017
Interview........
N/NEED
Passport Req..
Sep 29, 2017 and Passport sent on October 2nd, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Got passport back on October 24, 2017.
LANDED..........
Waiting (Anytime on October 24, 2017)
I think you can apply for open work permit even if you have closed work permit with “No employment restrictions “ on PNP certificate.

hopelesspr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
I think you can apply for open work permit even if you have closed work permit with “No employment restrictions “ on PNP certificate.
requirements bridging open work permit

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

It did not address whether your current work permit can be open or closed. However, normally if you had an open Work permit then your PNP nomination certificate comes with no restriction. However, I have seen some persons saying that even though they had an open work permit, they were employed in NOC C and as such given nomination with restrictions. I have never seen a case though, where a person is on a closed work permit and get a nomination with no restriction. Is this possible?

hopelesspr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
If your work permit expires May (Assuming 2018), then you should get PPR long before that unless, you are stuck in background processing.

requirements bridging open work permit

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

It did not address whether your current work permit can be open or closed. However, normally if you had an open Work permit then your PNP nomination certificate comes with no restriction. However, I have seen some persons saying that even though they had an open work permit, they were employed in NOC C and as such given nomination with restrictions. I have never seen a case though, where a person is on a closed work permit and get a nomination with no restriction. Is this possible?

kulmanik

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
B.C.
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2017
Med's Done....
18-01-2017
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
Any luck Jan Applicants ?

Reactions: Krekls

kulmanik

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
B.C.
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2017
Med's Done....
18-01-2017
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
January guys, any of you ever called CIC recently? I called em a week ago and they told me an attempted date or sth like that is set to finish my application by end of November. Any of you have the same thing told to??? Im Jan 28th
They told me that my officer has date for end of October but that is not relevant and PPR can come any time before or after.

And his answer was same, that my background check is done, file is in Ottawa waiting for final decisions.

Reactions: Ghdehdus and SReza

Ghdehdus

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
28-04-2017
They told me that my officer has date for end of October but that is not relevant and PPR can come any time before or after.

And his answer was same, that my background check is done, file is in Ottawa waiting for final decisions.
This is same as my answer from cic. Hi I am 24th March 2016 single applicant It is over 18 months. This Monday I have called CIC. He told me that my file is in Ottawa currently in the final processing queue awaiting finalization. They are unable to provide me a exact time frame. I know it is almost reach to get final decision but i'd got GCMS month ago it says my file is already been in Ottawa since July. i dont know what are they doing.

Reactions: SReza

SReza

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015

Thanks for the answer, hope you a good one soon.

Reactions: Ghdehdus

Endless

Jul 13, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney-ottawa
App. Filed.......
18-03-16
Doc's Request.
16-10-16
Nomination.....
1-3-16
AOR Received.
3-5-16
File Transfer...
16-3-16
Med's Request
1-3-17
Med's Done....
7-3-17
Passport Req..
Waheguru di kirpa nal jaldi hi
LANDED..........
This is same as my answer from cic. Hi I am 24th March 2016 single applicant It is over 18 months. This Monday I have called CIC. He told me that my file is in Ottawa currently in the final processing queue awaiting finalization. They are unable to provide me a exact time frame. I know it is almost reach to get final decision but i'd got GCMS month ago it says my file is already been in Ottawa since July. i dont know what are they doing.
14 March 16
File in Ottawa since January