+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP- PR ( CIC applicants SEPTEMBER and OCTOBER 2015)

Rizmo

Mar 10, 2017
Hi just landed 2 days ago at Coutts Alberta/ Sweetgrass border.. Everything went well! :) ;) :D Had a smooth landing.. it was so quiet and not busy at all..

Canadian officer was so nice to me, asked me about my status and i said it just got expired like last week ( it didn't seem's to be a problem to him at all about my status) I gave all my expired work permits as well as my passport and COPR he checked it, asked some questions about my copr then he told me to have a seat and wait till he call my name (though I'm just the only one there who's doing immigration landing) then he called my name and sign the paper and that's about it.. it took just 10 mins.

Oh btw he still mentioned about booking your appointments to IRCC so you don't need to drive to the border though I'm already there infront of him so.. (I just want to tell him that: I am here cuz I had enough of waiting lol :p ) it was a long drive from Edmonton 6hrs I guess it's​ not bad but it's all worth it! I was really nervous but I'm glad everything went well..

And I'm actually surprised that we've got a bunch of questions at the US side than Canada.. My bf (Canadian citizen) who was the driver got all the questions and I got only few.. they're seems more interested with my bf than to the person who's doing the flagpole.. and my bf said I don't really care as I'm not interested to go to the US and im just here as a driver and to support you..

That's all for my experience.. Goodluck to you all!

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happy everything went well for you, Rizmo. Thanks for also sharing your experience, am sure it will go a long way to help others with similar unique experience.

Rizmo said:
Hi just landed 2 days ago at Coutts Alberta/ Sweetgrass border.. Everything went well! :) ;) :D Had a smooth landing.. it was so quiet and not busy at all..

Canadian officer was so nice to me, asked me about my status and i said it just got expired like last week ( it didn't seem's to be a problem to him at all about my status) I gave all my expired work permits as well as my passport and COPR he checked it, asked some questions about my copr then he told me to have a seat and wait till he call my name (though I'm just the only one there who's doing immigration landing) then he called my name and sign the paper and that's about it.. it took just 10 mins.

Oh btw he still mentioned about booking your appointments to IRCC so you don't need to drive to the border though I'm already there infront of him so.. (I just want to tell him that: I am here cuz I had enough of waiting lol :p ) it was a long drive from Edmonton 6hrs I guess it's​ not bad but it's all worth it! I was really nervous but I'm glad everything went well..

And I'm actually surprised that we've got a bunch of questions at the US side than Canada.. My bf (Canadian citizen) who was the driver got all the questions and I got only few.. they're seems more interested with my bf than to the person who's doing the flagpole.. and my bf said I don't really care as I'm not interested to go to the US and im just here as a driver and to support you..

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Rizmo said:

I landed at North Portal near Estevan, and I think I spent more time in the US border office than in Canada border office. The CBSA officer even asked me if I wanted to keep my old work permit as souvenir lol

Rizmo

Mar 10, 2017
Lucky you.. I wanted to keep all my work permits as well as a souvenir :( five of them.. but because I was so nervous that time because my work permit expired already I didn't bother to ask if I can keep it I just gave all my papers to the officer..

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Rizmo said:
Lucky you.. I wanted to keep all my work permits as well as a souvenir :( five of them.. but because I was so nervous that time because my work permit expired already I didn't bother to ask if I can keep it I just gave all my papers to the officer..
I don't think they allow keeping expired permits. The office took the first ever study permit from me...

mehul.gandhi

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Heyy guys I don't know whether any one check this group or no.

Just wanted to inform I got my PR card today. I landed on 7th Feb 2017

Thanks

Moneey90

Mar 17, 2015
pafj said:
Yeah, it happened to me. I am Oct 2015 and I haven't receievd a DM or PPR or anything.... so unfair!

I got asked same info back in Nov 2016. still waiting
hey bud did you inquire cic about your file if yes then what they said ?

alexatam

Jan 4, 2017
Hi guys. Do you know if we can do landing at any Canada US border, or some will have limited services without landing possibilities? Our closest crossing is 270 km from us, but it's small one, not sure how it works. Thanks

AB-AM

Nov 28, 2016
Could not reply you back through your inbox, since your inbox is full ;)

Dv2014 said:
Hi Jennyan,

My boyfriend and I are also in the same boat (We have separate applications with almost the same timelines).

We are both Oct 21 , 2105 applicants and on mid November we were both asked for additional information (CV, publications,...). Our background check changed into "in process" in mid December. No updates since then!

I called CIC today and the agent said because of the additional documents that I have been requested, my application has been sent to a different department for further reviews! and that now they are waiting for that department to review my documents! He said he cannot give me any time frames and I just have to wait.

Mints

Feb 13, 2017
Mints said:
Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum although I've been "silent follower" for a long time now. This forum and people going through the same (or similar) situations was huge help to me so far. We all know how stressful it can be but at the same time you want to be patient and grateful...anyway, I would like to share my timeline with you:

I am an inland, got my provincial nomination in 2015 and applied (paper based) for PR at the beginning of October:
got AOR 11th of January 2016
got Medical requests 6th of September, did it 7th of September
In between they asked for additional documents (updated schedule A and such during June and July)
My husband is included in the application: he got an email at the end of January, saying they are requesting new medical exam for him. He did it the next day and following Monday on my online cic account it said: medical exam passed. That is the only thing that ever changed...that being said and 16 months being passed, I decided to give CIC a call and (after numerous times of trials) I was able to talk to the agent today. To make it short, she told me that 16 months is only approximate and that they just opened my file now in January. They will start working on the background check and that will take several months. She said to give them a call in May to follow up if I want but it will not be any time soon....now, I know I am not the only one who was asked to resend certain documents or even to repeat the medical exam but it makes me so upset that after having to wait year and a half to get provincial nomination and now waiting almost as much to (hopefully) get pr...the only thing I can do is wait more. As reading all the people sharing their happiness for receiving PPR requests and finalizing their PR's -it makes me very happy but I was wondering if anyone was in similar situation and had to wait way longer then average processing time? And why and for how long?
Thank you!
I just wanted to give an update, hoping that others that are in the same boat will get their PPR soon!
On Friday I opened my email with the idea to clean up my promotions & junk mail in general: I almost deleted THE email: I got Final Request and it went into Promotions instead of my regular inbox!
I hope others that have been waiting got their PPR soon or are about to get it any day now.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Mints said:
I just wanted to give an update, hoping that others that are in the same boat will get their PPR soon!
On Friday I opened my email with the idea to clean up my promotions & junk mail in general: I almost deleted THE email: I got Final Request and it went into Promotions instead of my regular inbox!
I hope others that have been waiting got their PPR soon or are about to get it any day now.
i think that happened to many people that PPR email goes into Promotion by Gmail Inbox. so everyone who got DM should go check right now

I set a special folder for any email from gc.ca so I won't miss it. I encourage everyone on gmail to do that too

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mints said:
Congratulations, Mints

bmm651

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
waitingwaiting said:
Hey GUYS,

I hope everyone is doing great out there.
I become the PR of Canada on 13th Jan 2017 and now waiting for the PR Card.
Any September/Oct applicant got it yet ?
Plz share ur timeline

Thanks,
can u just reply me that... did cic called ur employer or not... before MR OR AFTER MR?

bmm651

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Hope_89 said:
Hello everyone!
I just want to ask help about my current situation.

10-28-2016: submitted application to cic
11-02-2016: application received
01-13-2017: AOR
02-03-2017: Medical request received
02-10-2017: cic requested for additional documents via email

My problem is, I cannot upload the requested documents at mycic. I cannot find the "upload" tab. I tried using different browsers but still cannot find where I should upload the documents. In profile at mycic it says that there is no required documents. I really don't know what to do and I am worried because I was only given 30 days to submit the requested documents. I hope someone can help me.
Thank you!
hye ur nd my timeline is almost same...
pls keep in touch
mine is pnp pr file
in alberta
waiting for MR..
can u tell me did cic called ur employer?