+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP got fired by employer almost done PR requirements need your opinion

Pepper88

Oct 9, 2015
I do have few questions, the PNP advised me to find new employer within 3 months as my employer fired me. Now, I am done with my upfront medical and some other requirements. I applied my PR March 2016. Just incase I couldn't find an employer since it's winter not that much of job hiring for sponsorship,
Do you think I will be able to get PPR before February 2017? The PNP said my PR wont be affected as it will still continue to process. For those who happens to have the same situation, Your answer is much appreciated. Thank you! Wink-

SBarwal

Nov 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pepper88 said:
I do have few questions, the PNP advised me to find new employer within 3 months as my employer fired me. Now, I am done with my upfront medical and some other requirements. I applied my PR March 2016. Just incase I couldn't find an employer since it's winter not that much of job hiring for sponsorship,
Do you think I will be able to get PPR before February 2017? The PNP said my PR wont be affected as it will still continue to process. For those who happens to have the same situation, Your answer is much appreciated. Thank you! Wink-
You will get your PR it has nothing to do with your job status as your PR is already approved. Now you have to look for a new job to survive in Canada.

Or you can do the same after reaching Canada if you have good funds.

Pepper88

Oct 9, 2015
SBarwal said:
You will get your PR it has nothing to do with your job status as your PR is already approved. Now you have to look for a new job to survive in Canada.

Or you can do the same after reaching Canada if you have good funds.

Thank you so much for answering my question.

jmathew

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-11-2016
Nomination.....
03-04-2016
AOR Received.
14-09-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
1st Oct 2017
Med's Done....
5th Oct 2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon
LANDED..........
Inland Application
Pepper88 said:
Hi Pepper88,

I think you need to take this as a serious matter and try to find a job as soon as possible. Because I think if you don't satisfy the condition of PNP officer, there is a chance to revoke your PNP nomination, which will affect your PR application even if you get PPR.

Pepper88

Oct 9, 2015
jmathew said:
Hi Pepper88,

I think you need to take this as a serious matter and try to find a job as soon as possible. Because I think if you don't satisfy the condition of PNP officer, there is a chance to revoke your PNP nomination, which will affect your PR application even if you get PPR.
I know. I am actually doing my best to find an employer asap. I will. Thank you!

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
As long as your PNP is not employment restricted, the application has nothing to do with your job

Pepper88

Oct 9, 2015
mf4361 said:
As long as your PNP is not employment restricted, the application has nothing to do with your job
I don't understand about restricted stuff. Can you explain further about restricted thing? if Yes, what do you think will happen? and If it's No, will it affect my PR application? I appreciate your opinion.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Pepper88 said:
I don't understand about restricted stuff. Can you explain further about restricted thing? if Yes, what do you think will happen? and If it's No, will it affect my PR application? I appreciate your opinion.
It's on your PNC email when you get your nomination. If "restriction to employment" is yes, then the nomination is invalidated when you lose your job and PR will be rejected.

Now, if you are so close to PR, CIC may not know you've lost your job and will still issue PR visa, but you maybe suspected by the CBSA officer at landing and s/he has the authority to refuse entry

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
Some time CIC do consider if there is layoff, and can continue your application. Note: It depends on your officer and at what stage your application is.

If Employer is mentioned Restricted: YES, than you should visit good lawyer and seek info before updating CIC.

FYI: your message inbox is full, so i was not able to send u message

Pepper88

Oct 9, 2015
mf4361 said:
It's on your PNC email when you get your nomination. If "restriction to employment" is yes, then the nomination is invalidated when you lose your job and PR will be rejected.

Now, if you are so close to PR, CIC may not know you've lost your job and will still issue PR visa, but you maybe suspected by the CBSA officer at landing and s/he has the authority to refuse entry
When I spoke to my Nominee Officer she clearly said that my PR will not be affected it will still continue to process BUT while waiting for my PR I need to find a new employer that willing to sponsor me so everything will not be cancelled including the nomination and PR application before the date that was given to me which is early of February next year. Technically speaking, if PR will be approved before the expiration date that would be a great blessing!!! I am just hoping that the CBSA will consider these stuff if that happens. Thank you so much for your knowledge tho I appreciate it.

Pepper88

Oct 9, 2015
PK_11 said:
Some time CIC do consider if there is layoff, and can continue your application. Note: It depends on your officer and at what stage your application is.

If Employer is mentioned Restricted: YES, than you should visit good lawyer and seek info before updating CIC.

FYI: your message inbox is full, so i was not able to send u message
So far, the Officer told me that and clearly stated that it won't gonna affect the PR as long as I could find an employer hopefully soon, I am good as I am done everything and submitted my medical too. The only thing that I am praying is to get a result of the PR before my 90 days expires which is in Feb. :(

Pepper88

Oct 9, 2015
I now found an new employer that wants to hire me, they talked to the PNP officer about hiring me but the problem is, one of the requirements for the employer to hire TFW under PNP is to be in the business for at least 1 year. Unfortunately, their business is just going to start next month. Now, the Officer advised them to talk to the service canada if they can have that requirement being 1 year in the business be waived since they are having difficulties of hiring as they need 14 employees for their business to start this coming December. Any opinion about Service Canada? Have you guys heard that kind of scenario if they can waive it for the business investors to their province? your opinion is highly appreciated. Thank you!