Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
In Process Since Jan 7th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
Please help friends, I became Canada PR in march 2014 and stayed there for 1.5 months in Canada and came back on H1 to USA and never been there, to meet the requirements of 2 years in 5 years to retain my PR status i have 2 more months to go back to Canada and stay there, but I never received my PR card. So planning to apply for Canada permanent resident travel document, should I apply for that or Anyways I am planning to go by own car , can I use just the landing document and passport? please help me any advice ..

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Dr kbknaidu said:
Please help friends, I became Canada PR in march 2014 and stayed there for 1.5 months in Canada and came back on H1 to USA and never been there, to meet the requirements of 2 years in 5 years to retain my PR status i have 2 more months to go back to Canada and stay there, but I never received my PR card. So planning to apply for Canada permanent resident travel document, should I apply for that or Anyways I am planning to go by own car , can I use just the landing document and passport? please help me any advice ..
Hi Dr Naidu. Please also be aware of Secondary Review (SR) - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/need-some-clarity-on-pr-renewal-and-the-so-called-secondary-review-t452569.0.html
and http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/email-from-cic-that-pr-card-renewal-needs-secondary-review-t251571.0.html

I would advise that you enter Canada using your COPR by road from USA. There is no need for PRTD in that case. And do it ASAP, since you are a strong candidate for SR.

Dr kbknaidu

Jun 29, 2012
London,UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
App. Filed.......
29th june 2011
Doc's Request.
17th july 2011
AOR Received.
1st sep 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May 29 2011
Med's Request
Oct 26 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
In Process Since Jan 7th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
Thanks for the reply my friend? but COPR says not valid for travel on the document as a water mark on the paper. So what can I do now? is everybody COPR says the same? and I am telling you that March 6th 2014 was my date of entry in Canada And came back by April 9th 2014 , and never been there, so what is my current position ? and how many days I need to stay there to retain PR status with out secondary review ?

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Dr kbknaidu said:
Thanks for the reply my friend? but COPR says not valid for travel on the document as a water mark on the paper. So what can I do now? is everybody COPR says the same? and I am telling you that March 6th 2014 was my date of entry in Canada And came back by April 9th 2014 , and never been there, so what is my current position ? and how many days I need to stay there to retain PR status with out secondary review ?
Please do more reading on the forum about COPR being sufficient for entry by road and the threads I have provided.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr kbknaidu said:
It is not valid for Travel by flight. It is still acceptable if you travel by road.

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
I will start the last 2 years of my 5 year PR very soon. I wouldn't prefer to move to Canada at the very last moment since I would be forced to remain there non-stop to maintain my eligibility. I was thinking about making short trips to Canada and accrue some days there before the actual move. I'm sure this must have been asked by someone before, but do you think its a good idea?

If yes, where are the entry/exit dates recorded? The passport is not stamped and only the PR card gets scanned in the airport. Do the authorities know our entry/exit dates? Or do I need to record these myself and present when the time comes for PR extension? Does this make me a candidate for secondary review?