+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please guide!! In case if wife pregnant after obtaining visa

draviki

Star Member
Apr 24, 2015
Hello all.. Require some important information.

My wife is the principal applicant. We recently received our stamped passports. Our landing date expires on 31st August 2016.

I want to know that suppose my wife gets pregnant at this stage or anytime before we do our first landing in Canada, is it advisable to inform about the pregnancy to the visa officials or we can fly without informing?
(COPR says that we should inform if any change in family which includes pregnancy)

Will informing the officials help us in any way? Or it would lead to more complexities ?

Anyone in similar situation? Kindly advice..
Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

As the child would be born after you become PRs, there would be no need to inform CIC of the pregnancy.

Swanepoel

Mar 2, 2016
draviki said:
Hello all.. Require some important information.

My wife is the principal applicant. We recently received our stamped passports. Our landing date expires on 31st August 2016.

I want to know that suppose my wife gets pregnant at this stage or anytime before we do our first landing in Canada, is it advisable to inform about the pregnancy to the visa officials or we can fly without informing?
(COPR says that we should inform if any change in family which includes pregnancy)

Will informing the officials help us in any way? Or it would lead to more complexities ?

Anyone in similar situation? Kindly advice..
Thank you.

draviki

Star Member
Apr 24, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

As the child would be born after you become PRs, there would be no need to inform CIC of the pregnancy.
Hi. So that means we can plan our first landing in her 2nd or 3rd month of pregnancy, and her health update doesn't need to be informed to the visa officials, right?

I was just wondering what could be the possible consequences if informed to them!!!
Like would they take back the visa n reissue it on a later date? or would they help out in medical assistance for her on landing?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
draviki said:
Hi. So that means we can plan our first landing in her 2nd or 3rd month of pregnancy, and her health update doesn't need to be informed to the visa officials, right?

I was just wondering what could be the possible consequences if informed to them!!!
Like would they take back the visa n reissue it on a later date? or would they help out in medical assistance for her on landing?
Yes, you can land without informing them.

There are no possible consequences. They will not take back your visas and a pregnancy does nothing to change a person's entitlement to healthcare in Canada upon landing.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Just make sure that you are covered by health insurance at the time of birth. E.g. in Ontario you have to stay for 3 months before you have OHIP.

But as others stated: No need to inform CIC about the pregnancy.

Ayokunlex01

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2015
BOSTON; MASSACHUSETTS
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
NOC Code......
2241 Electrical Engineer
huumm, pls inform them, cos canada is a country that knows every information about anybody reciding in there country, infact they have all ur records in there file

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Ayokunlex01 said:
huumm, pls inform them, cos canada is a country that knows every information about anybody reciding in there country, infact they have all ur records in there file
Wrong. You don't need to inform about pregnancy, only when a child is actually born.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she gets pregnant, just make sure you land before the baby is born. There is no need to inform anybody.