+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Physical Therapy Assistants (PTA) in Canada (Saskatchewan specifically)

rorounikenra

Mar 24, 2016
hi everyone,

good day to all! anyone here in the forums a PTA in Canada? if yes :

1) can you please give us an idea which online sites that give PTA diploma are accredited in Canada?
2) how much is usually the salary range per annum of PTAs in Canada (i.e. Sask)

appreciate any information you can give on this.

P.S. it is not our family's primary source of income, just wanted to help my wife do some research.

regards.

sop194

Jan 3, 2013
Hi! I can give you my reply but don't know if I can help you much with your question !

I am a PT from one of the northern countries of Europe and been looking for PT jobs and PTA jobs in Saskatchewan. I have not seen any PTA jobs in Saskatchewan, or ! maybe it is under another title not PTA. I am thinking of aiming for RMT (registered massage therapy) because those jobs I have seen posted on f.ex. saskjobs and job bank.

I have not found any school that has that degree program. Even if you google Physical Therapy Assistant in Saskatchewan, there is not much.
I found this website tho, http://sktherapistassistants.com/
maybe from there you can find some answers !

rorounikenra

Mar 24, 2016
sop194 said:
Hi! I can give you my reply but don't know if I can help you much with your question !

I am a PT from one of the northern countries of Europe and been looking for PT jobs and PTA jobs in Saskatchewan. I have not seen any PTA jobs in Saskatchewan, or ! maybe it is under another title not PTA. I am thinking of aiming for RMT (registered massage therapy) because those jobs I have seen posted on f.ex. saskjobs and job bank.

I have not found any school that has that degree program. Even if you google Physical Therapy Assistant in Saskatchewan, there is not much.
I found this website tho,
maybe from there you can find some answers !
awesome! thank you very much sir/mam for your response, we will check that website out! I think it will also help others out since im seeing more than 40 viewers on this thread :)

rorounikenra

Mar 24, 2016
I found another online school Stratford Career institute. has anyone received a diploma in this online school and is now working as a PTA in Canada?

c4luu

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure about Saskatchewan, but in Ontario we have Humber college for OTA/PTA diploma.

The admission requirements need to be read though. Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent, or Mature Student Status or College/Uni transfer status.

I don't know if I trust online schools!

sop194

Jan 3, 2013
Hi trinatocanada! I got curious of you reply so I have a question for you! :)

How did you get a job as a PTA? Did you apply for a work permit as PTA?

I'm foreign trained PT and would like to find PTA job first... just curious how I should apply.. thanks

Reactions: vindin

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sop194 said:
Hi trinatocanada! I got curious of you reply so I have a question for you! :)

How did you get a job as a PTA? Did you apply for a work permit as PTA?

I'm foreign trained PT and would like to find PTA job first... just curious how I should apply.. thanks
Sorry just saw this now! I came to Canada with a PR visa.

Tite

Apr 24, 2017
Hi trinatocanada

I am a Brazilian PT with a 4-year-degree plus a post gradutation in Physical Education.
Because the no need of the exam and the license, I am keen on finding a job as a PTA to see if there is any possibility to the company ask for the Working VISA so I can travel there. Do you see any possibility of this happen?

I intend to proceed with a PT registration/ exam, and all the extended process, but I need to find a job in Canada before, so I thought about the PTA opportunity.

Do you or anyone here know where I can find companies (hospitals, private clinics, Healthcare agencies) to find out if there is this chance of travelling on a Working Visa as a PTA?

From May none Brazilian citizen will need a VISA to travel to Canada if we have the USA VISA valid (I do), but I'd like to travel/move to Canada with a more certain situation, I won't travel to be illegal, this is not me.

I really appreciate any help here.

Please reply here on to my email : daniellle2015@hotmail.com

Kind regards,

Tite

trina_physio

Dec 10, 2008
Hi,

Sorry just saw this now. Don't log in as often anymore.

Securing a work permit as a PTA will be difficult. The steps an employer needs to take in order to obtain a work permit includes proving that there is a severe lack of locals available for the job. There are a lot of people already in Canada readily employable to work as a PTA.

One way is to try to contact the Alliance and ask them if it is possible for you to take the physio exams on a visit visa. Once you have your license and registration, it is possible for a physiotherapy clinic to try and obtain a work permit for you as a physiotherapist. My colleague from the UK did it this way. Having said that, not a lot of clinics are willing to go through the whole work permit process either because although there are a lot physio jobs available, there also is a lot of local physios that are easily employable.

My best suggestion is to try and obtain permanent residence from the get go. This way you can legally come to Canada and start working from day 1.

T

Reactions: vindin

vindin

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
Visa Office......
Sharjah
Hi,

Sorry just saw this now. Don't log in as often anymore.

Securing a work permit as a PTA will be difficult. The steps an employer needs to take in order to obtain a work permit includes proving that there is a severe lack of locals available for the job. There are a lot of people already in Canada readily employable to work as a PTA.

One way is to try to contact the Alliance and ask them if it is possible for you to take the physio exams on a visit visa. Once you have your license and registration, it is possible for a physiotherapy clinic to try and obtain a work permit for you as a physiotherapist. My colleague from the UK did it this way. Having said that, not a lot of clinics are willing to go through the whole work permit process either because although there are a lot physio jobs available, there also is a lot of local physios that are easily employable.

My best suggestion is to try and obtain permanent residence from the get go. This way you can legally come to Canada and start working from day 1.

T
i was searching for a physio related link.....nd finally ended up here....thnks for feedback...kindly share ur PCE experience as well....

Michel 89

Jun 8, 2016
Sorry just saw this now! I came to Canada with a PR visa.
Hie, I wanted to ask you regarding the Express entry process. I am a Physiotherapist from India and I have applied for express entry. Recently I have created my express entry profile. My CRS score is 378. Can you please guide me how do I increase my CRS score?

DH PTA

Sep 1, 2018
In Ontario, if you are a foreign trained physio, you can work as a PTA even without going to PTA school. I don't know if its the same in Sask. I was a PTA before I became a PT when I first came to Canada. I was not asked for a degree in PTA.
I am a PTA graduated from US trying to go to Canada and work. Can you please help me and share what was the way to do so? Do u have to apply for university and study or u can immigrant based on PTA deploma?