13-07-2012
Med's Request
13-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-07-2012 Sent to CEM:..: 31-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Refused, October 12, 2012
susan12 said:
I am pinay nurse with canadian license, I have seen so many filipino nurse who work as care aides in BC, some did not apply for some reason (age,comfort zone) while others who persevere got their nursing license.
Let me give you a background how I got my license to give you a picture. While still in Philippines I was sending documents to CRNBC for assessment and after 4 months they send me the permit to take the exam(2008) no SEC yet, applied for tourist visa took the exam and pass.That was the first part, second part was the PR card, early 2009 nursing profession was one that was fast track to get PR visa so I got mine in 7 months.
So when I landed here (late 2009)I got 250 hrs nursing exp. to get my license.

In your case, you get an assessment from the nursing license board in your province (i applied in three provinces in Canada and choose BC) you will adviced to take a refresher course( my friend who is a doctor and nurse) was adviced to take it.go for the RN not LPN you are lot more stronger than I am you can do it, I did it, just plan your move carefully.

I am planning to move to US soon after I get my canadian passport next year,thats another story........
That's great susan! Wasn't the nursing exam tough as many often say. Did you come home after getting the exam or you changed your visitor's visa to working?

susan12

Aug 6, 2012
I went home after the exam since I was on a visitors visa, they just send me the result. The plane ticket cost me $1000 but when I got my license and work as a nurse I earned it back in 1 week, research and study the requirements in the province where you are going and submit all the documents thru mail before travel so that it would be easy for you to get the requirements while you are still in the country and be sure of the documents you will be sending,follow all their instructions no short cuts. You can find everything in the internet even the contact person in incharge of the papers call them if you have question,they are polite and professional to deal with.If you have an expereince in acute care in hospital you are one step ahead.

susan12

Aug 6, 2012
I am on a permanent visa, but what you are doing is what the british nurses have done they get a working visa and the employeer will process their papers to PR visa and you dont have to worry about the 250 hours of canadian nursing exp. to complete your license requirement.

van0818

Aug 14, 2012
hello po im applying po for a student visa sa canada! newly graduate lang po and i dont have yet experience! trainings yes i have po as a dialysis nurse. sa agency po na nagpapaconsult ako ill be enrolling in a post graduate course po pero hindi po sya rpn or lpn class. parang wala po ako choice kundi kunin ito kasi wala po ako mahanap na work dito sa pinas :( :( but to grab this oppurtunity lagi po nasa isipan ko what if! IF ano kaya pwedeng manyari! sobrang naguguluhan po ako kasi malaking pera ang kelangan para sa student visa and wala po ako assurance na pwede akong makatake ng kahit LPN exam man lang kasi ang alam ko po kelangan ng experience para dito! gustong gusto ko po umalis kasi wala po mahanap job puro trainings po and im not happy about it :( tanong ko lang po sa mga bagong NURSES na pumunta ng canada na walang experience pwede kaya ako makatake ng exam kahit LPN lang po ? sana po may mag answer kasi madami po isasakripisyo pamilya ko para lamang makaalis ako :) btw po pala vancouver ako papunta SALAMAT PO

White angel

Aug 15, 2012
Hello all,
Kindly advice on what to do as my sister is a new pr recipent, she wants to change her career to RN from another profession not related in anyway to nursing.
Meaning, she has a first degree in another field but her passion has been nursing and she wants to take this opportunity to change (which is a huge sacrifice on her part).
She plans to settle in calgary .
Kindly assist on what she can do now or bring along since she is still in her home country.
How many years/duration, courses wld she take?, steps to take accordingly, challenges , jobs she can do before & while studing e.t.c.

Cheers

uno_mars

Aug 20, 2012
Hello everyone tanong ko lang po balak kasi ako kunin ng pinsan ko na nasa winnipeg sabi niya sa akin kailangan ko raw muna ipasa yung board exam dito sa philippines for good paying job. kailangan ba talaga o hindi n? dahil magaaral p nman ako dun kung sakali?

susan12

Aug 6, 2012
Yes,if you are talking about nursing license in Canada you must have a nursing license in your home country

alshidaralih

Aug 26, 2012
Hello Ms. Susan, I'm a new nurse in the Philippines.. and I'm confused on where to start my career.. I want to know how many years of experience did you have when you applied? How many years is required? Did you just volunteer or were you a staff nurse? What exams did you take in Philippines? Your reply will be greatly appreciated. Thank you =)

arkthonyjo

Sep 6, 2012
hi susan, pwede po ba makahingi ako ng mga info sayo. mayron ka bang masters degree ng mg p assess ka ng papers sa board of nursing? kasi usually pag degree holder lang pinapag aral pa. im in toronto nga pala. anu po face book niyo? thanks

susan12

Aug 6, 2012
I am not sure about nursing in Toronto because I did my license in BC, masters degree is not necessary. I only give them what was needed to obtain the license which I got from College of registered Nurses in British Columbia website. I send them the requirement thru mail when I am still in our country and paid by credit card.If some of you papers/documents are still in the Phil. send an authorization to a relative to get the necessary docs.

shei

Aug 31, 2012
Hi susan!
I'm also a newbie here. I'm a licensed nurse in the phils. but no experience at all. what option of study do i have? anong school kaya ako pwede dyan sa canada para sa mga wala pang experience? Gusto ko sana mag apply ng direct na lang. Pwede ko ba makuha email mo? Thanks! :)

cesca_10

Sep 10, 2012
i have somewhat the same problem. i am a newly graduate nurse last april 2012, and i have past the june 2012 NLE. my family told me to apply a student visa and study for 2 years to be an lpn. knowing that rn is much more higher than lpn, do i have really study for 2 years to be an lpn now that i am already a registered nurse but in the philippines not in canada. what shall i do? do i have to be assessed first? or take refresher course? or bridging programs? I don't know what to do to be able to be a nurse in canada. i don't have experience yet nor employer so i can't take the working visa.

MAKY

Sep 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
Nomination.....
09-03-2010
AOR Received.