+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Philippine nurses: Pinoy RN License Canada

sisternaima

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello. Pinay nurse po in abu dhabi. Awaiting for my visit visa to Canada to undergo SEC this October.
Is there anyone in here who have applied for TRV and was approved of a Visa? Im a bit worried because Ive heard a lot
of stories getting denied of a visit visa to Canada even if they have confirmed emails from their regulatory board
of Nursing that they can take SEC. :(

Reactions: ON2018

Kellezpot

Jun 21, 2016
Hello sisternaima, I just want to ask, do you need to have an existing application as PR in canada before you even start NNAS? or is it recommended to process NNAS / RN license before applying for PR? Hope to hear from you soon..

sisternaima

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kellezpot said:
Hello sisternaima, I just want to ask, do you need to have an existing application as PR in canada before you even start NNAS? or is it recommended to process NNAS / RN license before applying for PR? Hope to hear from you soon..
Hi Kellezpot. No need to have an existing PR application prior to processing NNAS.
Although I have also applied for an Express Entry so I'm processing both papers at the same time.
But you see, if I undergo SEC and they would require me to study and attend some Nursing units,
that would add some points to my Express entry score (I hope).
And also based on my WES result, my 4 years BSN is only equal to 3 years bachelors in Canada.

Kellezpot

Jun 21, 2016
So it means we are most probably required another year of schooling in canada? How was your NNAS assessment (result)? Yun Ielts if I took it last april valid pa rin ba yun?

sisternaima

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kellezpot said:
So it means we are most probably required another year of schooling in canada? How was your NNAS assessment (result)? Yun Ielts if I took it last april valid pa rin ba yun?
Not necessarily 1 year. In another forum, one person said she was required to attend 1 week class and a number (I don't remember how many) of nursing units ONLINE.
So it pretty much will depend on how you did on the SEC assessment. A friend of mine was not even required to take additional courses, she went straight to registration and she also finished her NCLEX some years ago. She registered with CARNA.

I was worried about my NNAS because it showed "not comparable" to a lot of my subjects. But I still had it submitted to CARNA and they considered my application.
I submitted my application to CARNA last December 2015, my IELTS was exactly 6 months old then. I saw in the CARNA website they want our IELTS not more than 6 months old.

hermione17

Oct 31, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-May-2014
AOR Received.
22-Sep-2014
Med's Request
4-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
28-Oct-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
4-Feb-2015
LANDED..........
20-Aug-2015!! Thanks God!
Hi guys, I'm a graduate from UST. I was a nurse in St. Luke's Medical Center for 3 years then I transferred to Saudi Arabia to work as an RN at a royal hospital for 4 years. I've passed my NCLEX RN exam last 2007. Passed IELTS last June 4th. I just completed my requirements for NNAS. Now I have to wait for NNAS assessment results (for CARNA).
I was just thinking, has it ever happened that CARNA decided on approving someone right away without taking any SEC assessment or bridging program? What will you suggest- taking a sec assessment or bridging program?
Thank you have a nice day Smiley

sisternaima

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hermione17 said:
Hi guys, I'm a graduate from UST. I was a nurse in St. Luke's Medical Center for 3 years then I transferred to Saudi Arabia to work as an RN at a royal hospital for 4 years. I've passed my NCLEX RN exam last 2007. Passed IELTS last June 4th. I just completed my requirements for NNAS. Now I have to wait for NNAS assessment results (for CARNA).
I was just thinking, has it ever happened that CARNA decided on approving someone right away without taking any SEC assessment or bridging program? What will you suggest- taking a sec assessment or bridging program?
Thank you have a nice day Smiley
Hello. Im also registering with Carna. Im not sure, i think theres no way of telling because the nnas is a background check of our nsg urriculum and experience as anurse, it doesnt reallky evaluate our skills which they will see during the sec. But i know a friend of mine who fter taking the sec went straght to registration. She recommended me to take the sec first kasi ang tuition fee is very costly. If you would go to the carna website may cost calculator sila and as far as i remember, the tuition fee is around like 22k cad. If we do well in our sec, the units we will take should be decreased so hindi na full course OR, like my friend here, we will not need any additional studying.

hermione17

Oct 31, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-May-2014
AOR Received.
22-Sep-2014
Med's Request
4-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
28-Oct-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
4-Feb-2015
LANDED..........
sisternaima said:
Hello. Im also registering with Carna. Im not sure, i think theres no way of telling because the nnas is a background check of our nsg urriculum and experience as anurse, it doesnt reallky evaluate our skills which they will see during the sec. But i know a friend of mine who fter taking the sec went straght to registration. She recommended me to take the sec first kasi ang tuition fee is very costly. If you would go to the carna website may cost calculator sila and as far as i remember, the tuition fee is around like 22k cad. If we do well in our sec, the units we will take should be decreased so hindi na full course OR, like my friend here, we will not need any additional studying.
Haaaay, did she say Anything about SEC? How was it? Was it brutal and gruelling? I have a friend naman she took a bridging program sa Calgary. But it's so expensive. I've read a lot of stories here they all have different assessment results. It all depends on CARNA's decision I guess..

hermione17

Oct 31, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-May-2014
AOR Received.
22-Sep-2014
Med's Request
4-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
28-Oct-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
4-Feb-2015
LANDED..........
kimmyCRN said:
Hi Guys,

RN din ako sa pinas. hoping to be CRN soon. im still waiting for my visa. PR was last May 18, 2016.

Im sure i will not be able to pursue nursing on my 1st year in Manitoba. Since i still need to earn first.
I wouldnt mind working as a crew. it would be fine to work as a nursing assistant, aide, pharmacy assistant, anything medical related.

My question now is, How did you get your educational credentials evaluated by a professional evaluation service?
Meron ba dito sa Pinas? (canadas behalf)
Kahit ba crew, or nsg assistant, need parin evaluate ang credentials?

Thank you very much :)
Hi, may I ask have you taken your NCLEX already? If you plan to be an RN in Canada you need to take the NCLEX-RN exam or if LPN, NCLEX-PN. You need that to get registered as a nurse in Canada. That's only one of the requirements. You also need an IELTS academic overall Band Score 7. Minimum requirement scores are L-7.5, R-7 (I think), S-7, W-7. Unfortunately, walang credentials evaluation service sa pinas. WES talaga dapat. And NNAS needs to evaluate all your credentials before even applying to a specific Nursing body for registration. Every hospital-related job needs a credential evaluation-LPN, RN. And in Canada, every job needs a certification. Even unit clerks, caregivers, and pharmacy assistants need ng certification. I suggest you have your credentials get evaluated by NNAS first before coming to Canada Kasi matagal magasikaso ng papers and yung processing time din.

sisternaima

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hermione17 said:
Hi, may I ask have you taken your NCLEX already? If you plan to be an RN in Canada you need to take the NCLEX-RN exam or if LPN, NCLEX-PN. You need that to get registered as a nurse in Canada. That's only one of the requirements. You also need an IELTS academic overall Band Score 7. Minimum requirement scores are L-7.5, R-7 (I think), S-7, W-7. Unfortunately, walang credentials evaluation service sa pinas. WES talaga dapat. And NNAS needs to evaluate all your credentials before even applying to a specific Nursing body for registration. Every hospital-related job needs a credential evaluation-LPN, RN. And in Canada, every job needs a certification. Even unit clerks, caregivers, and pharmacy assistants need ng certification. I suggest you have your credentials get evaluated by NNAS first before coming to Canada Kasi matagal magasikaso ng papers and yung processing time din.
Hi. Yes I have done both. Finished na din with the NNAS. Carna have already given me options on how to complete the registration.
Now I'm a bit worried about getting a trv to go there in B.C. and take the SEC. Ive heard of nurses still getting denied of a visa even after getting invited by the University.

sisternaima

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hermione17 said:
Haaaay, did she say Anything about SEC? How was it? Was it brutal and gruelling? I have a friend naman she took a bridging program sa Calgary. But it's so expensive. I've read a lot of stories here they all have different assessment results. It all depends on CARNA's decision I guess..
I know. Toxic, hehe. They told me I will be getting the General Nursing Assessment. They said it's a 2 days competency assessment on about everything.
Written Exams, OSCE, Triple jump assessment and all those things compressed in 2 days. It will be mentally draining I suppose. Im planning to take it this October.
Hopefully my visit visa gets approved.

hermione17

Oct 31, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-May-2014
AOR Received.
22-Sep-2014
Med's Request
4-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
28-Oct-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
4-Feb-2015
LANDED..........
sisternaima said:
Hi. Yes I have done both. Finished na din with the NNAS. Carna have already given me options on how to complete the registration.
Now I'm a bit worried about getting a trv to go there in B.C. and take the SEC. Ive heard of nurses still getting denied of a visa even after getting invited by the University.
True. I went with an agency para mabilis papers Ko. Why not go here on PR status na since mabilis din if from Abu Dhabi ka nagapply? But if you still want trv I think they'll give you a visa since May stable job ka naman sa UAE. From Saudi mabilis lang. Madali din makakuha ng US/ Canadian visa from Middle East compared to pinas.

hermione17

Oct 31, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-May-2014
AOR Received.
22-Sep-2014
Med's Request
4-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
28-Oct-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
4-Feb-2015
LANDED..........
sisternaima said:
I know. Toxic, hehe. They told me I will be getting the General Nursing Assessment. They said it's a 2 days competency assessment on about everything.
Written Exams, OSCE, Triple jump assessment and all those things compressed in 2 days. It will be mentally draining I suppose. Im planning to take it this October.
Hopefully my visit visa gets approved.
How much will you pay for your assessment?

sisternaima

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hermione17 said:
True. I went with an agency para mabilis papers Ko. Why not go here on PR status na since mabilis din if from Abu Dhabi ka nagapply? But if you still want trv I think they'll give you a visa since May stable job ka naman sa UAE. From Saudi mabilis lang. Madali din makakuha ng US/ Canadian visa from Middle East compared to pinas.
I also have an agency for my Express entry. Kaso lang mababa ang score ko kasi wala pang job offer. :(
I really do hope I will get the trv. Mushkila if not hehe. They gave me only until Feb 2017 to complete the SEC.