+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Refused

conti

Dec 7, 2015
Hi guys,

I have a situation and I am wondering if someone can help me with it.

I applied for PGWP on May 27th, 2015 and today after almost 7 months I got a letter saying that my application is refused. The reason they indicate is that I have applied after 90 days of my graduation which is not correct since I finished my degree in April and applied in May.

I think I know why they misunderstood. The problem is the last semester on my transcript is Fall 2014 (December) and that's when I finished my courses but one of the requirements of my degree was to defend thesis in order to finish my degree which I did in April but it doesn't show up on my transcript. However I submitted an official letter from my school (Statement of Degree Requirements Completed), which indicates the exact date that I finished my degree (April 14th), in my application to avoid any confusion but it seems the officer didnt consider that letter.

So anyone here familiar with my situation? any suggestion?
Please let me know if you had any idea because I really don't know what to do.

Thank you.

jeffkang

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
conti said:
Hi guys,

I have a situation and I am wondering if someone can help me with it.

I applied for PGWP on May 27th, 2015 and today after almost 7 months I got a letter saying that my application is refused. The reason they indicate is that I have applied after 90 days of my graduation which is not correct since I finished my degree in April and applied in May.

I think I know why they misunderstood. The problem is the last semester on my transcript is Fall 2014 (December) and that's when I finished my courses but one of the requirements of my degree was to defend thesis in order to finish my degree which I did in April but it doesn't show up on my transcript. However I submitted an official letter from my school (Statement of Degree Requirements Completed), which indicates the exact date that I finished my degree (April 14th), in my application to avoid any confusion but it seems the officer didnt consider that letter.

So anyone here familiar with my situation? any suggestion?
Please let me know if you had any idea because I really don't know what to do.

Thank you.

Submit a case specific enquiry or bring your documents to a CBSA to flagpole a PGWP...