+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can we not flagpole to get the extension?

I received my PGSWP initially by flagpoling, now i need to extend it to the full 3 year duration due to passport expiry(now it has been renewed).

Has anyone done this?

drajay

Oct 8, 2015
I am trying to extend by PGWP. Can this be done online?

I was able to get to the online application for work permit extension.

I did this by answering:

Which situation best describes your work situation?
I'm an entrepreneur / self-employed.

Looking at the online application, the form IMM5556E is available to fill and upload. This is the same form that one has to fill in and send for paper application.

My queries:
1. Can this be done?
2. Will this be considered as misinterpretation?
3. On some posts, people have mentioned that they have done this online, how did they do it? As once we say that we have a job offer, but no LMIA, an online application is not eligible. [http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/extension-of-a-post-graduation-work-permit-after-extending-the-passport-t128951.0.html]

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

wagnerkurz

Jan 23, 2017
goldencanada said:
There's no way to track your Paper application.

Rough estimate: 3-4 months (Could be less).

If there was any mistake or something was missing in your package, They'll send it back.

Otherwise, You'll get your permit in few months.
Hi Golden Canada,
Your information has been helpful. One question, from the best of your knowledge, do you think the process is still the same? I mean, same forms, same section in Vegreville?
Thanks and all the best,
Cheers

wagnerkurz

Jan 23, 2017
There's no way to track your Paper application.

Rough estimate: 3-4 months (Could be less).

If there was any mistake or something was missing in your package, They'll send it back.

Otherwise, You'll get your permit in few months.
Hey goldencanada,
I am applying to my extention. I have a question and I hope you can help me or other senior members. Under "Current country of residence" I know we have to choose Canada, but which status should I choose? Student or Worker?
I really appreciate if someone can help.
Cheers

FionaJabberwacky

Jan 17, 2018
Hi, do I need to include my Offer Letter when applying for extension? Also, under Documents List, they ask for LMIA. Last box talks about the document needed (Offer of Employment number) if my employer is exempt from LMIA. And second last option asks for LMIA. We don't have to provide these for Open Work Permit. So, should I leave these options unchecked? And do I send them a photocopy of my Offer Letter at all? Thank you.

FionaJabberwacky

Jan 17, 2018
so, I applied today, jan 18th, and my PGWP expires in 24th march. I currently hold a job. Will I get implied status? Because we get that when we first apply for PGWP. For example, I applied for PGWP in may 5th and started working right away, however, got official PGWP on 23rd June. But then again, that was PGWP, and this is PGWP extension. Any thoughts?

AmmuAmmoose

Jan 21, 2018
Hello,

A quick question... I am in similar situation where I have to apply for the PGWP extension. I am confused as what to choose for "Current status in Canada" in IMM5710 form. Should I choose Student or worker??

Will it confuse CIC if I choose "Student" as my current status is "Worker" and my study permit expiry date is an year ago?

Any response will be appreciated. Please Help....

Thank You
Sony

FionaJabberwacky

Jan 17, 2018
I have applied for PGWP extension as per the instructions on this forum. Now, my PGWP expires in 2 months and application processing time is 3-4 months. Will I have applied status after my PGWP expires and while my application is being processed? Thank you.

FionaJabberwacky

Jan 17, 2018
I have applied for PGWP extension as per the instructions on this forum. Now, my PGWP expires in 2 months and application processing time is 3-4 months. Will I have applied status after my PGWP expires and while my application is being processed? Thank you.

shunjaruff

May 7, 2018
I just got my PGWP extended!
Initially, my PGWP was given for 9 months because of my old passport validity. I renewed my passport in Canada and applied for PGWP extension ONLINE. I filled the form exactly the same way as I did when I applied PGWP for the first time but I did attach a letter of explanation.

Last edited:

FionaJabberwacky

Jan 17, 2018
Hi PMM

I have a same situation of getting PGWP until passport expiry, my express entry is still under process (Jan 21st AOR on FSW Inland)
and I wish to extend my PGWP - am just not able to see how to do it online.

Hi,

I am applying for PR under Canadian Experience Class. Do I have to include my tax assessment statements anywhere?

For Proof of Funds, there are two sections under instructions: one for Temporary Residents and another for those applying for PR. Under instructions for Temporary Residents they ask for a lot of documents including tax info. While I am applying for PR, I am also a temporary resident in Canada at present being a work permit holder. Right now, as proof of funds I have included a letter from my bank and bank statements for the last 6 months, as per instructions under PR section. So, I don't know if I need to include my tax info either under Proof of Funds or Job section.

Thanks in advance!

meeroz

Sep 12, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Other
Initially, my PGWP was given for 9 months because of my old passport validity. I renewed my passport in Canada and applied for PGWP extension ONLINE. I filled the form exactly the same way as I did when I applied PGWP for the first time but I did attach a letter of explanation.
congratulations

meeroz

Sep 12, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Other
How long does it take from you online???