+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Card renewal

cpereira2512

Mar 12, 2016
Need your urgent advise.

Had applied for PR card renewal on H&C grounds, was requested by IRCC to apply for a PRTD, which we did thru Abu Dhabi Office. The PRTD got rejected as we did not meet the residency requirements and we did not have enough documents to support our case on H&C grounds. We choose to appeal their decision. After few months we received an email from IRCC that because we appealed we are entitled for a PR card with one year validity. We also received a letter to come and collect the card.

Since we are residing out of Canada, we again applied for a PRTD, which got rejected.

I do not understand this, am I missing on some correspondence from the IRCC ?
How am I supposed to collect the PR card?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You should post your question in the Permanent Residency Obligation section of the forum. I don't believe there's any way to collect your card however those in the PR section of the forum will confirm.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
It's a "catch22"! As you have appealed you are entitled to a 1 year validity PR card until your appeal is heard and a decision made. Now because you don't meet RO and have likely been out of Canada for at least the last year (365 days), they are not obligated (nor is there a requirement) to provide you a PRTD to return to Canada. Your only option would be to fly to the US and enter at a POE on the border

cpereira2512

Mar 12, 2016
It's a "catch22"! As you have appealed you are entitled to a 1 year validity PR card until your appeal is heard and a decision made. Now because you don't meet RO and have likely been out of Canada for at least the last year (365 days), they are not obligated (nor is there a requirement) to provide you a PRTD to return to Canada. Your only option would be to fly to the US and enter at a POE on the border
Thanks for your reply.
We are based in Qatar and I cannot take up the US option, as my eldest daughter will be joining a university in Dubai next week, and she will not be able to leave the country until she gets her UAE students visa, which takes 35 workings days after completion of her medicals. Our renewed PR cards will be available for collection only before the 15th Oct. and her visa will not be ready by then.
We have to look for another option.
When will my appeal will be heard, there is no correspondence on that. Can you please advise, where can I follow up on the appeal.